Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Even Cabelas backed out of the no questions returns. Met one outfitter who bragged of buying entire camp outfits and returning all at the end of his seasons.

People came up here and did that for years...shipped to a post office ...flew in ...used the stuff for 2 weeks ...shipped the stuff back ..f-ed up imo ....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by ST50
About 10 years ago I started working on Jiffy ice augers from our local return processing facility. They got them from all over, but most of course from northern states. It averaged about 60 per year for 3 years. The majority had nothing wrong with them. People not able to understand 2 cycle engines or didn't like ice fishing after all. A few ruined engines ran without oil. Many were cobbled or damaged. Probably saw 20 cases of absolute fraud. 25 year old units returned in new boxes etc. Engine parts replaced with old parts, all kinds of crap. After processing about 180 of them and increasing my parts inventory, the return policy on them got changed and they started sending them back to the vendor, Feldman corporation. Total abuse of a "lifetime return policy" and I didn't blame them at the time. The facility here in western Nebraska is currently shutting down. At one time I believe it employed close to 100 people.

If you mean the main office in Sydney, at the time BPS bought them out it was 2000 employees. They have so far laid off about 1200 of them according to sources.
https://www.starherald.com/news/loc...d4bbc74-fa12-11e7-881a-3b8cf0227ca2.html

Cabela’s has long been an economic engine for Sidney, population about 6,800. The company once employed about 2,000 people in Sidney.

Yeah I know. I was talking about Oshkosh Ne. My daughter and son-in-law were in in Sidney and had to relocate. He worked in corporate clothing dept. He now works for another company and my daughter transferred her medical career to the same city thank goodness. They are shutting down our return facility that was in operation for about 22 years I believe.

Last edited by ST50; 03/26/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really can't blame companies for giving up on the 'guaranteed money back return' concept or lifetime warranties.

My wife works for a large sporting goods chain and they routinely have people buy the top-end Swarovski and Leica binoculars, go on their once in a lifetime dream hunt, then return them after the hunt is over.

They recently had someone buy $1,000 in Sitka gear for a one-time sheep hunt, then try to return it all after the hunt claiming it just didn't fit them quite right.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Around here it's some of the really high end folks that pull the return stunts. One lady, now divorced from a distant friend, bought high end clothes, wore them out for an evening, and would return them the next day. Also have a neighbor that will ask to try out a new rig over a weekend, run the volleyball team to Vegas for a tournament, and bring it back trashed saying it just doesn't fit her needs.

Some people..

1Minute
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,633
Posts18,474,383
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.