Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by VernAK
River Boat Discovery has a gift shop wherein you can put $5 or more in a vending slot and enter a walk-in freezer to experience -40F.

I kid you not!

LMFAO!!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Pump House is good.

Float the Chena R. in a canoe from Univ Ave to the Pump House.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by acy
Originally Posted by ironbender
There is a walking division also. I've done it a number of times. Flat course.
It starts with a cannon shot at 10PM...in broad daylight.

It ends about midnight (walkers) in waning daylight.

Riverboat Discovery should be running. Do a search.

Be sure to hit Hot Licks ice cream on College road.

Will certainly check the walkers division of the 10k if it happens while we are there. We saw the ad for Riverboat Discovery in Guideposts. Going to look into it.

Run is Saturday June 22.
https://www.explorefairbanks.com/listing/midnight-sun-run-inc/10489/

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by acy
My wife and I are going to be in Fairbanks sometime in late June or early July. We are driving up and have no set schedule other than some fishing and kayaking around Seward in mid June. Also spending a couple of days around Homer, visiting a niece and her family in Wasilla (hopefully do some salmon fishing with them), a few days around Denali, then up to Fairbanks before going up to Prudhoe. Is there anything in Fairbanks that we should be sure to see or do? Thanks, Al

Museum at UAF is cool. There used to be a book store near corner of College and University (not far from Hot Licks), I used to spend hrs in there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pump House is good.

Yes, another nod for Chena Pump House. Good food, might get to watch a seaplane take off or land on the river right there.
Pike's is good too, pretty pricey

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I've got nothing for you regarding Fairbanks, but salmon fishing will be closed in the valley during your timeframe.
If you want the chance to salmon fish you better do it in Seward or down towards homer.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by acy
My wife and I are going to be in Fairbanks sometime in late June or early July. We are driving up and have no set schedule other than some fishing and kayaking around Seward in mid June. Also spending a couple of days around Homer, visiting a niece and her family in Wasilla (hopefully do some salmon fishing with them), a few days around Denali, then up to Fairbanks before going up to Prudhoe. Is there anything in Fairbanks that we should be sure to see or do? Thanks, Al

Museum at UAF is cool. There used to be a book store near corner of College and University (not far from Hot Licks), I used to spend hrs in there.

Gulliver's, the bookstore, is no longer there. The building has been taken over by Sunshine Health Foods.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
River Boat Discovery has a gift shop wherein you can put $5 or more in a vending slot and enter a walk-in freezer to experience -40F.

I kid you not!

It was closed down for maintenance when I was there! I was disappointed.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deerstalker
if'n you are in Wasilla early enough in June go out and fish the Willow for Kings. combat fishing at its best. PP and the Museum are worth it.
if you go through Delta Junction i have 5 acres there i have never seen i will sell you cheap laugh
. Where might that be, if you are serious.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I was there in '69 for the north slope boom...best thing to do? Get drunk.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by acy

Kid
When were you there? I gotta wonder if we accidentally crossed paths.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't forget to hit the Mecca down on 2nd avenue...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by acy

Kid
When were you there? I gotta wonder if we accidentally crossed paths.

PM sent.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ahhhh, now you will see I have you on IGNORE...
laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akpls
Originally Posted by acy

Gulliver's, the bookstore, is no longer there. The building has been taken over by Sunshine Health Foods.

Yeah, I wondered why I could not find on google map....but looks like Fairbanks is sporting at least one "mosque" these days.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
things to do in FBks ?

Start a biz,

Find a really good girl

Have kids

Well that’s what I did, you may not have enough time for alla that .

Great suggestions on here. FBKS ain’t really much of a town, but some dang fine folks call it home.

There’s always something going on, more than we can keep up with anyway. Hope you enjoy your time in AK and appreciate you coming to see this beautiful spot we call home

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What Randy really means:

"Spend some money in Fairbanks"........he owns a good portion of it.

I've gotta get up there and have lunch with Randy as we have a burger joint in South Cushman that I find entertaining
and the grub's good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
things to do in FBks ?

Start a biz,

Find a really good girl

Have kids

Well that’s what I did, you may not have enough time for alla that .

Great suggestions on here. FBKS ain’t really much of a town, but some dang fine folks call it home.

There’s always something going on, more than we can keep up with anyway. Hope you enjoy your time in AK and appreciate you coming to see this beautiful spot we call home

Set your watch back 15 years...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hot licks got sold ...new owners this year are going to make a go of it ...grapenut ice cream is to die for ! ....wave as u cruise by my place outside naner town ! ...and if u need a cold beer.....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The only thing I would do if I was in Fairbanks, is leave.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,421
Posts18,470,590
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.