Hop To
Page 1,748 of 1,842 1 2 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1841 1842
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Originally Posted by Northern_Jim
I am in the Petoskey area. I do a have a couple of hats up in the Chapleau Ontario area though.

Spend a lot of time up in that area - Ptown that is. Chapleau, not so much, although I'd love to. I hope you're feeling better so you can get up there after the thaw. I'll be heading your way in a few weeks.

The snow has finally started to melt, not sure what we'll have in a cpl weeks. I hear they have started construction along 31 by Sunset
park, that will be a mess of detours & backups when traffic picks up in June/July.

Are you a summer resident?

Moved here in '94. Ptown is a great place. Chapleau itself doesn't do anything in particular for me but everything around it sure got hold of me after my first visit there.
Thanks for the well wishes.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, ya gots ta watch dem "frenchies" Jim !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Awesome weekend, mobile ice fishing via the sleds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sunday, same spot, 10* cooler & windy, hence pop up !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Obligatory, tired dog pic !

[Linked Image]

Paul.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Hey, thanks for taking us along via all the pics. I personally enjoyed it. Like the pics of your little dog also, mine are a little taller maybe?

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe, but doubtful !

[Linked Image]

grin

Paul.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey, thanks for taking us along via all the pics. I personally enjoyed it. Like the pics of your little dog also, mine are a little taller maybe?

[Linked Image]

Where the heck do you get midget labs?

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
sorry paul, I didn't mean to breeze past your photos without comment. It's just that I've seen that stuff before (looks like a great time). But i've never seen stub legged yeller labs before. lol!

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Made me think of Einer, but I left it for you to comment !

It was a very good weekend & the 2 beers each, were cold !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

Legs look decidedly "houndish" !

Make good rabbit chasin dogs ?

Paul.

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

They are called Bassadores, why anyone thought breeding a basset & a lab was a good idea I do not know but they are great pets. These came from a rescue & if they were younger I suspect they would have been good rabbit dogs.
What they lack in legs they make up for in length.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Just waiting for someone to rub my belly.

[Linked Image]

Sorry, I'm bored I guess. This is the basset side, they are good sleepers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cool dogs Jim !

Paul.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Funny! 2 of our favorite dog breeds rolled into one!

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks Paul. I used to think these two were the biggest lap dogs ever, my wife's lap anyway, until I saw yours.

Dave I think I remember seeing a basset in one of your pics. Hey, how's the snow up north over there, have you checked the cabin? It is looking like spring here, lots of dirty snow and brown lawns.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Everything is covered in snow up here, it's shrinking though. Supposed to hit 40 degrees today, south wind this morning. We checked the cabin on sunday, we had to walk in (a mile) because the plow operator pushed up a huge pile at the end of our access trail. Cabin is fine, lots of deer sign too.

Yes we had a basset, she lived to be about 13 I believe, lost her a few years ago. I have a blood hound now, she's a clown. Everybody says she's "dad's dog" and they are right, she's my baby.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It is Spring here. Trees and everything else is budding , growing leaves and the birds are eating suet like crazy. I have officially changed over to short sleeve shirts and the trade off of long pants for Bermuda shorts is only a couple of weeks away.
Turkey season opened last week and a lot of my friends are chasing gobblers.; Like everything else hunting related I will not indulge . I did not go deer hunting even once this year ,I did miss being in the woods , however. I enjoyed that as much as the hunting. There just comes a time when you gotta know it's time to hang it up.
I just spent an hour or so reading the last ten or twelve pages of this thread. It's amazing how far behind you can quickly get.
I took my Maltese dog to the vet yesterday and it was confirmed that he had diabetes which is what I had suspected. We have had to change his feeding habits and food and we are giving him an insulin injection twice a day. This tears me up. I rescued him seven years ago when he was five years old. He has been a fantastic dog. His only problem is that he is very protective and not afraid to bite anybody or anything which encroaches on his territory. He drew blood on the guy who does the yearly bug inspection last year and as a result was quarantined at home for ten days. The gent had been advised to let us know when he wanted to get into the back yard and he did not.
Beauregard(his name) bonded immediately with me. The Bichon( other dog) is totally my wife's dog .Beau is a really good and smart little guy and well mannered. His previous owner evidently spent a lot of time teaching him basic stuff which he obeys well. I am having to face the possibility of his not reacting well to the current treatment. I guess we will have to cross that bridge when we come to it.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Glad the cabin is ok, Everybody likes a mile walk through the snow, right? A couple of friends are headed up to my place this week.Worst thing I've had happen was a partridge flying through the front porch window. Judging by the amount of bird poop, that thing paced back and forth on the porch until he died of dehydration.Big shattered window but he couldn't figure out how to get back out.Glad it was just the porch.

13 is a pretty good run for a basset if I remember right. Wife was a wreck when we lost ours a few years ago to.

Was that the blood hound on the roof? Funny.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Our snow is almost gone. We've had highs in the 40's or mid- 30's for nearly 2 weeks. Today is supposed to be in the 60's, So, that should take care of most of what's left.

I did go take a look at that boat on Monday. I gave them my price and they must not have liked it because I haven't heard back. Fine with me I still have a boat. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw guys on the ice as late as last Saturday. The ice is pulled back from the ramp on Orchard Lake in Burnsville. 'Guess it's time to get serious about getting the boat ready. Sorry to hear you didn't get that boat Tom .

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,748 of 1,842 1 2 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,911
Posts18,479,524
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.