Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fore those that dislike the police, please, please , please, consider the following. When you get in a jam and you will be tempted to call. Just handle things on your own! Or call someone else who will help you! if you can find someone! . Leave us out of your issue. Stop paying taxes and run for public office. Or, become an LE and be the exception not the rule. Please, show me a better way to do my job! Of course, you will not do this. That would take work and dedication and time to a cause bigger then yourself. So continue to moan and be activist/ key board commando . But ... at the end of the day even the haters will call us. You will call!! Thanks for time and attention!

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Many thanks to all of the LE supporters on this thread. We cannot do our job without your help. I cannot thank you enough for your support in our mission.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Fore those that dislike the police, please, please , please, consider the following. When you get in a jam and you will be tempted to call. Just handle things on your own! Or call someone else who will help you! if you can find someone! . Leave us out of your issue. Stop paying taxes and run for public office. Or, become an LE and be the exception not the rule. Please, show me a better way to do my job! Of course, you will not do this. That would take work and dedication and time to a cause bigger then yourself. So continue to moan and be activist/ key board commando . But ... at the end of the day even the haters will call us. You will call!! Thanks for time and attention!

In this real world you are correct there. But to take minor issue with the part in bold - many people are in fact capable of doing that, immediately. Those videos where store owners or patrons wrestle robbers to the ground and disarm them? They now end with taking the robber out back and putting two rounds into his head. If there is some nexus of crime known to the neighborhood, a Molotov cocktail or three can take care of the problem effectively. If the work takes some detective skills there are individuals in private practice who can assist with that.

It's called vigilantism and will bring the police down on your head just as fast if not faster than commiting the original crime.

So, okay, we won't call, but only if you promise not to come and arrest us/shoot us on sight (since you know we're armed) for handling things on our own.

Btw, I don't dislike The Police as a general entity although I have met some real ass holes. I have also met some very professional individuals. It's interesting to note that the professional ones were generally met when I was rightfully pulled over for some infraction - headlight out, going 10 mph over the speed limit, whatever, while the real ass holes were encountered (threats of throwing my f*cking ass in jail, accusations of lying) when I went to The Police for help or tried to interact in a friendly manner.

But back to the topic. You do a necessary job and as your post states one that many if not most are incapable of or unwilling to do - the way the laws are written. But whereas I was raised to respect The Police, I now fear you, and that's not good.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Weird the cop got but hurt when he got questioned. Lmao

Some of my closest friends are cops,and I’ll be the first to admit that for the most part our local police force is pretty great.

Doesn’t mean I can’t recognize that a lot of cops have a complex that can cause trouble.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The one thing I never understand is the blue line.

If I was a good cop, honest, decent, wanted to help people.

Those others would infuriate me.
I would condemn them,
Not defend.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have a good friend who was a cop for a while. Small town department, good chief, and my friend was a good peace officer. Gave more than one drunk a ride home rather than wreck his life by following the letter of the law. Had a good rep with the citizenry. Actually called me to ask me if it would affect our friendship before he took the job. I told him not as long as he protected and served the people who paid his salary. He did his best to be that peace officer. I get along with most local cops just fine, done work for one sheriff, bought raw milk from another. On good terms with some of the local troopers, go to church with one. They know how I think. Local and county guys somewhat agree. State boys tell me I am pretty harsh, LOL. I tell them their reaction proves my point. They don’t tell me I am wrong, just that I am harsh.

I don't hate cops. They are just people doing a job. It takes money to live, a job brings that home. The training colors their thinking like any training does to anyone. I can discuss this with the cops I know because they know it is a difference in moral systems and philosophy rather than a personal animosity. I mind my manners, live a clean life, and don’t bother anybody unless they make me. Local boys know that, and don’t bother me. It works.

What I really hate is the people who prey on the dynamic that has most people willing to follow orders, even immoral and unjust orders, once they are trained to attach legitimacy to the authority giving the orders. These people have placed large swaths of America at odds with one another. Cops vs. citizens, blacks vs. whites, liberal vs. conservative, on and on. There is us, and there is them. And the people who set it up use himan nature to full advantage against us all. Those people, I have a personal beef with. Them and the criminals who prey on the citizenry, and who continue to do so despite the feeble efforts of good cops to prevent it. I say feeble efforts, because the cops arrest a crook, and the courts turn him loose. Good men who would clean up the area effectively are prevented from doing so by the very police and courts who fail to do the job.

You know why everybody calls the cops? It ain’t because we are afraid to handle our business. It’s because cops will haul us to jail for handling our business. The State has decided they have a monopoly on violence and will brook no competition in the business. Cops enforce that monopoly. I have handled my business before. Spent the weekend in jail for doing it. If I had called the cops, they would have responded inside two hours, if at all. And done nothing. Could have done nothing. So I did what needed done. Spent the weekend in jail, problem was solved. Folks got the message that I would handle business, jail or not. No more issue.

My buddy's alarm went off at his bar about 2 a.m. one night. We were there and cleared the place before deputies arrived. First guy there rolled up to see us coming out of the building, was relieved when we informed him my buddy was the owner. Told us we had better gear than he did, so it was good we were good guys. They were told that we would probably be at the location before they arrived, which made things less confusing. Armed as we were, poor guy would have probably reacted badly if he was unaware there could be friendlies on site.

Some of us handle our business, because the cops are too late to be effective. We don’t need the cops to help us, we need them to leave us alone. Remove the cops from the picture, crime will absolutely drop precipitously, at least in rural areas. As soon as word gets out that citizens will handle business, the criminal element will migrate to greener pastures. Been part of sending that message, and seen some pretty unsavory characters change their environment as a result. I know it works. There are guys everywhere that would do it, if you got the State out of their way. There’s even some cops who would assist if they could. And there are some cops who would either change location or health status. Cops are people. Like all other groups of people, there are good ones, and bad ones. The good ones need to do a better job of eliminating the bad ones, of course, as the bad ones reflect on the entire department and indeed the police group as a whole. But in the end, they are just people. The wise man deals with them as individuals, rather than whipping attitude on the entire group.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

laugh Dangit Man!

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You sound like shotgun Joe Biden. Typical self loathing cop-post. I’ve NEVER needed to call the cops and have always handled the issue at hand myself but I still pay your fuqkin salary and you still cash those checks so that means I still get to voice my opinion whenever and however I want. If you were smart enough, which of course you’re not, you’d want to keep your sorry ass safe and learn to read sign. If those of us that have always supported the police, worked the streets as police, firefighters, paramedics, etc are starting to complain and don’t trust those that we grew up idolizing well........there’s your sign. Stop playing the poor me, my life is so tough because I fuqking CHOSE to be a cop bullshit because it’s a tired line that damn near every cop that’s come here has worn out. Quit being a whiny little pussy or CHOOSE another line of work. If citizens do handle the problem on their own it’s likely that the cops will show up anyway and they’ll be butthurt and their egos bruised because you didn’t call them to let them handle it. The law doesn’t allow it.

Just because EVERYONE isn’t presently a cop doesn’t mean they weren’t nor does it mean that they don’t contribute positively to their community and society as a whole, so take your pious, holier than thou bullshit and shove it up your ass. 👍. You don’t have to be a cop to be useful, in fact you’d be more useful doing something else anyway. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L

" Remove the cops from the picture, crime will absolutely drop precipitously, at least in rural areas."

Ok, sure, because that worked out so well in Lebanon and Somalia.

A functioning criminal justice system is pretty much what defines the difference between a civil society and a failed state. It will never be perfect, because nothing created by man will ever be perfect. Be careful what you wish for, we are getting closer to being a failed state every year.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
America ain’t Lebanon or Somalia, yet. Find a better argument.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

This is a BS post, AND YOU KNOW IT.

I"d be happy to handles issues myself without calling you, but if I did, I'd be the one you arrested.

You are way too involved in our lives, looking for ways to interject yourselves into our to justify your .gov paycheck, which is why we don't like most of you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Actually they should have tazed him in the drivers seat, dragged him out and handcuffed him. Electric shocks work training my dog, might help people be more civil.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Not seat belt violations.

For the first video your multiple choice question is:
How many shots would been have been fired by the same number of American police? (Followed by shouted commands to drop the f*cking weapon!)
A. 63
B. 54
C. 23
D. Between 1 and 5
E. All of the above - A, B, C and D being the number fired by the various individual officers

Gotta be careful with those Chinese. It gets real American at about 0:40.

Old school police work in Milwaukee. No shots fired. The man in the light blue shirt should have watched Chris Rock's video about how not to get your ass kicked by the police.

I'd like to know what your point is in posting these.

If you have one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Irate, noncompliant, combative, primate? Nah, I say she made the correct decision.

She wouldn't have reached for anything had he said I'm sorry officer and accepted what happened after that. Mistakes happen, her actions were a mistake, the ape's weren't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

This is a BS post, AND YOU KNOW IT.

I"d be happy to handles issues myself without calling you, but if I did, I'd be the one you arrested.

You are way too involved in our lives, looking for ways to interject yourselves into our to justify your .gov paycheck, which is why we don't like most of you.

Agreed.

I can think of no scenario in which I would call the police for assistance. except where required, as in a traffic accident where I would need a police report for my insurance, or calling to report a Self Defense shooting.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I testified against 3 of my coworkers in three different trail boards. In only one instance was I criticized and threatened by others for doing so. This instance occurred in 1989 a much different time and a much different world. It scared the hell out me since I knew i had done the right thing for right reason. I dam near resigned from the job during that time. I got thru it but it was hell. i took a lot of flack over it. The second two trail boards were just business and cleaning up messes.Wrong is wrong. No repercussions of any kind. So, know that I will no lie for anyone. Co worker or citizen. I am sure this post will picked apart. So it is what is. The truth.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I testified against 3 of my coworkers in three different trail boards. In only one instance was I criticized and threatened by others for doing so. This instance occurred in 1989 a much different time and a much different world. It scared the hell out me since I knew i had done the right thing for right reason. I dam near resigned from the job during that time. I got thru it but it was hell. i took a lot of flack over it. The second two trail boards were just business and cleaning up messes.Wrong is wrong. No repercussions of any kind. So, know that I will no lie for anyone. Co worker or citizen. I am sure this post will picked apart. So it is what is. The truth.

Should have called the police.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,771
Posts18,515,571
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.