Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty good. I'd give it 4 out of 5. If you're looking for non-stop action, this ain't your thing. The shootout is anti-climatic. It's more of a character study/history type thing without being anything like a documentary. It's not Hatfields and McCoys. The thing that jumped out at me was how subdued and gentlemanly Hamer and his sidekick were. Probably pretty realistic.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Planning to watch it tonight.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Pretty good. I'd give it 4 out of 5. If you're looking for non-stop action, this ain't your thing. The shootout is anti-climatic. It's more of a character study/history type thing without being anything like a documentary. It's not Hatfields and McCoys. The thing that jumped out at me was how subdued and gentlemanly Hamer and his sidekick were. Probably pretty realistic.

Completely, TOTALLY off topic...but I gotta ask about your avatar. I'm thinking that's a famous golfer and that I should be able to remember the name, but damned if I can and it's driving me nuts. Help me out!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm about half way through it right now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought it was good, watched it this morning.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Y’all talking about the original or a new version?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Completely, TOTALLY off topic...but I gotta ask about your avatar. I'm thinking that's a famous golfer and that I should be able to remember the name, but damned if I can and it's driving me nuts. Help me out!
It's a pic of myself. I don't know if I'm famous for golfing.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Y’all talking about the original or a new version?
Original? This is a new Netflix movie with Keven Costner and Woody Harrelson. It's about Frank Hamer's pursuit of Bonnie and Clyde. It all focuses on Law Enforcement and nothing on Bonnie and Clyde. They're just faceless killers that need to be put down like mad dogs according to the government. It does show how they are heroes to the people. I wonder if Hamer's family was okay with his portrayal. In the movie, Hamer is not portrayed as a cold blooded killer, but lots of people seem to view him that way in it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The movie Happy Gilmore could have been about me, but then I don't play hockey neither.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Costner gave a better performance than I expected.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Acting looks pretty hokey on the coming attractions.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It wasn't bad. Costner was better than usual. Woody Harrelson played himself.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Kathy Bates portraying the Governor was pretty good. I thought she played a scumbag politician accurately.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It wasn't bad. Costner was better than usual. Woody Harrelson played himself.

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It's really more a refutation of the "old men are dangerous" mindset prevalent on the 'fire. The older I get the less dangerous I feel and I think that's pretty accurate and a realistic assessment for most guys. These two could barely get her done anymore and in that way, I think it was a pretty good movie.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Yep we watched it as a family last night same thing stood out to me.

His trip to the gun store was like a dream to me literally.

That BAR...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw

That BAR...
I think it was on DeFlave's thread about this show coming out...I argued that there wouldn't be many gunstores with those type guns around. I get your dream, but as far as the movie was concerned, I think it was highly unrealistic and may have been an anti-gun thing. They did talk about how Bonnie and Clyde got their own military guns from an arsenal. I expect that Hamer got his the same way.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good movie. Wife enjoyed it too. Thankfully, there were no lesbian/gay scenes to endure as we had been typically seeing out of Hollywood/Netflix for the "righting" of historical events.

I thought it did a good job of showing the popular support for B&C and the common people's discontent/disgust with banksters/politicians for getting them into the depression. Too, a look behind the scenes at political motivation, as the governor thought only of her "optics" for the end result.

My question is this and I am not any kind of a historian--had believed the killing of B&C was more of a thought out roll-by rather than a complete stop?

Defend the Constitution
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I worked all morning in the yard and fell asleep halfway thru watching it in the afternoon I am going to rewatch it today, I liked what I saw.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw
[quote=EthanEdwards]

That BAR...
I think it was on DeFlave's thread about this show coming out...I argued that there wouldn't be many gunstores with those type guns around. I get your dream, but as far as the movie was concerned, I think it was highly unrealistic and may have been an anti-gun thing. They did talk about how Bonnie and Clyde got their own military guns from an arsenal. I expect that Hamer got his the same way.

I gotcha that makes sense I hadn’t thought of it that way.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,546
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.