Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You'd be right at home in a Unitarian Church.

MacDonald
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I doubt I would be "right at home" in any church...........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by SU35
Jim

Are you a student of EW Kenyon?

Just curious,

I have read, meditated on, and done my best to hide all the scriptures in my heart and minmd as I have them in the KJV for over 50 years.To rightly divide(understand) the word of truth we have been given.To know what by faith was my role in this new covenant in Christ.

Listened to a bunch of denominational preachers and evangelists over the years.Some ministered rightly by the word and Holy Spirit and some had other ideas.The latter I rejected.Jim

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Ok, so Christ is God and God is Christ.

The way to the Father is through the Son (see above).

Steelhead, my understandings and answers are below in caps..Jim
SA means simple answer...:)

SA
YES HE IS THE WAY.

Is it that we must accept Christ as our savior? If so, since Christ is God and God is Christ, than if one accepts God why must they go through Christ if Christ is God?

SA:
JESUS CHRIST IS THE DESIGNATED WAY OF ACCESS TO GOD.

Or is it that we don't have to accept Christ per se, we just must believe the fact that God returned in human form?

SA:
NOT CORRECT, HE IS THE ONLY WAY..YES WE MUST BELIEVE THAT GOD WAS MADE FLESH..(NOT RETURNING, HE NEVER LEFT, JUST WAS INCOMPREHENSIBLE), WORD MADE FLESH IN JESUS OF NAZARETH WAS JUST GOD SHOWING HIMSELF IN A FORM PEOPLE COULD RELATE TO SO WE'D UNDERSTAND THE GODHEAD.

Believing He returned in human form is not the same as having to go through Christ to reach God.
TRUE.HEAD KNOWLEGE DOESN'T EQUATE TO RECEIVING SALVATION BY THE ONLY NAME AND WAY, JESUS CHRIST.

Perhaps God only returned in human form to give us an example how to live life as He would like. It is easier to understand if one can see a living example rather than just read of it, yes?

YES, THAT WAS ONE REASON GOD BECAME HUMAN FLESH..BUT THE REAL REASON WAS TO OFFER UP THE PERFECT SACRIFICE FOR ALL THE SINS OF THE WORLD FOR WHOSOEVER WIOULD CALL UPON HIS NAME.YAHSHUA MESSIAH..JESUS CHRIST.

So then it isn't a matter of going through Christ to reach God (since we have already acknowledged they are one).

YES IT IS.CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY OF ACCESS TO THE FATHER GOD THESE DAYS .

Perhaps it is just to use God's flesh version as an example of how to live life, how to treat others, how to love, and how to forgive. But should one not need that example (say those that were doing a fine job of leading life the way God wished before His appearance in flesh), are they not going to reach God?
YES THEY'LL REACH AND SEE HIM AND BE JUDGED ACCORDING TO THEIR LIVES.FIRST QUESTION WILL BE IS YOUR NAME WRITTEN IN THE LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE AS ONE WHO CONFESSED AND FOLLOWED MY SON WHEN I CAME TO EARTH IN THE FLESH AND DIED FOR YOUR SINS..
THE REST OF THE FINAL INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE SO GOOD.

By following the example we reach God.
NOT WITHOUT THE NAME OF CHRIST.

We don't have to go through Christ (since He is God),
YES WE DO.IT IS WRITTEN.THE WORD(CREATOR/GOD/MADE FLESH HAS DECREED THIS TO BE THE WAY.

The interview will be fairly short and focused hingeing on whether you received and accepted God's graceful gift of blood atonement of His only begotten Son, Jesus of Nazareth.
Then your 'good life' will be judged.
Hope all goes well on that day, but Christ can make the life and the final interview with God go alot more smoothly..It'll cost ya now in some ways you may not yet know..but the costs pale in comparison with eternity.
I'd like to see you there, smiling, accepted by GOD ..with your name next to mine( Lord willin' and me trusting and obeying meantime down here) in the Book of Life for eternity..Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

But the wrapping paper and what is in the box are two different things.

God is Christ and Christ is God.

One could argue that the wrapping paper and what is inside are two aspects of the same present. But they are different.

I think of the Triune God as one being in three different forms or roles: Father = creator, Son = redeemer, savior, Holy Spirit = comforter, teacher.

Again, don't know if that helps or not...

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So if I don't accept that Christ is my savior and that He died for my sins I will never reach God, regardless of how I live my life?

That is my belief, yes. We are saved by grace, through faith. We are not saved by works.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steelie

You ain't called 'STEEL head' for nothin',huh?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Steelie

You ain't called 'STEEL head' for nothin',huh?

Been talking to the women in your town again......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh...look what I found. How do some of the replies to Scott compare to this?

bhtr

Athanasian Creed
Whoever wants to be saved should above all cling to the catholic (universal)faith.

Whoever does not guard it whole and inviolable will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith: We worship one God in trinity and the Trinity in unity, neither confusing the persons nor dividing the divine being.

For the Father is one person, the Son is another, and the Spirit is still another.

But the deity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, equal in glory, coeternal in majesty.

What the Father is, the Son is, and so is the Holy Spirit.

Uncreated is the Father; uncreated is the Son; uncreated is the Spirit.

The Father is infinite; the Son is infinite; the Holy Spirit is infinite.

Eternal is the Father; eternal is the Son; eternal is the Spirit:

And yet there are not three eternal beings, but one who is eternal;

as there are not three uncreated and unlimited beings, but one who is uncreated and unlimited.

Almighty is the Father; almighty is the Son; almighty is the Spirit:

And yet there are not three almighty beings, but one who is almighty.

Thus the Father is God; the Son is God; the Holy Spirit is God:

And yet there are not three gods, but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord; the Son is Lord; the Holy Spirit is Lord:

And yet there are not three lords, but one Lord.

As Christian truth compels us to acknowledge each distinct person as God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten;

the Son was neither made nor created, but was alone begotten of the Father;

the Spirit was neither made nor created, but is proceeding from the Father and the Son.

Thus there is one Father, not three fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Spirit, not three spirits.

And in this Trinity, no one is before or after, greater or less than the other;

but all three persons are in themselves, coeternal and coequal; and so we must worship the Trinity in unity and the one God in three persons.

Whoever wants to be saved should think thus about the Trinity.

It is necessary for eternal salvation that one also faithfully believe that our Lord Jesus Christ became flesh.

For this is the true faith that we believe and confess: That our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son, is both God and man.

He is God, begotten before all worlds from the being of the Father, and he is man, born in the world from the being of his mother --

existing fully as God, and fully as man with a rational soul and a human body;

equal to the Father in divinity, subordinate to the Father in humanity.

Although he is God and man, he is not divided, but is one Christ.

He is united because God has taken humanity into himself; he does not transform deity into humanity.

He is completely one in the unity of his person, without confusing his natures.

For as the rational soul and body are one person, so the one Christ is God and man.

He suffered death for our salvation.

He descended into hell and rose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

At his coming all people shall rise bodily to give an account of their own deeds.

Those who have done good will enter eternal life,

those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith.

One cannot be saved without believing this firmly and faithfully.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Athanasian_Creed"

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I doubt I would be "right at home" in any church...........

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you should attend any church, just that you might find some affinity with Unitarians. If you're not familiar with it, you might also be interested in the Jefferson Bible. Thomas Jefferson shared many of your beliefs regarding Jesus and revised the Bible to reflect what he thought was the role of Jesus of Nazareth.

MacDonald
IC B3

L
L
Steelhead, Yes Christ is God, he is the Son. The trinity is the Father, Son an Holy Spirit which is the Godhead. The only way to the Father is through the Son, this is written. The Jews didn't believe Jesus was God because they didn't study the scriptures so when He came as was predicted through out the the Old testament they denied Him. He knew this would happen and He knew He would go to the cross as the supreme sacrifice for our sin, this is why he is called the lamb and it is His blood that cleanses us from all our sins. In almost every case in the old testament you will see the rock mentioned (that is Christ) you will see the water mentioned, (that is the Holy Spirit). God the Father accepts no one that does not accept His Son as their Saviour. The Bible is God, the Bible is his very Word and instruction book for us.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 44 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,104
Posts18,502,148
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.