Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Laws changed last year in Tn. Only 3 days of opiods are scripted and available for outpatient procedures by drs.

As for "pain clinics" , they are hauling the doctors who operate those place straight to jail.

Pain clinics are just another way to fleece the public.
In today's computer age who gets or gives what prescripts are easy to know without charging people that need the drug thousands of dollars every year.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Doctors and Pharmacists and all the rules they have to follow have changed, and changed again.
People in great pain, people who really need pain killers, can not get them.

I personally know two people with legitimate need who have been cut off by new regulations.
One, an 80 year old me with a degenerative spine/nerve condition. He is in agony 24/7.
He has been told tough, the government will not let us prescribe you anything anymore. Basically, die in pain.!

If I had to guess I'd say he's going to the wrong doctor. Pain meds for legitimate need are available through Pain Management Centers, Pain Clinics, etc. General Practice offices will prescribe for immediate or short term need but will cut you off in a skinny minute if you keep coming back for more and more. The days of easily obtained LEGAL opioids is gone. Pressure has indeed been put on certain practices for excessively prescribing or even giving the impression they are over prescribing. But they WILL refer you to a pain specialty practice. Legitimate use of opioids gets a beat down when it's illegitimate or illegal use that is the problem. Kinda like guns and immigration.

With regard to the situation with the 80 year old with an unmet need for pain relief here's what I believe will help. I googled "pain clinic fresno ca", since that's your locale, and came up with numerous options for someone like him. Follow this link:

Pain Management, Fresno

If he has a legitimate need help is available. Perhaps someone could put him on the right track as far as seeking treatment goes. No reason at all for someone of his age to be denied IF his need is documented and at 80 yrs old I imagine it can easily be. Godspeed to him.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by leesway2
As far as fentynal my pop just turned 82 and has to use it cause its the only thing that has worked for him. Had a stroke in 2014 then fell and jacked his shoulder up after rehab,another stroke 5 months after the first one and more rehab. The strokes were blamed on zeralto,but the shoulder they cant fix because of his heart probs.The shoulder is doable with the pain med. With some mods to some stands he can still hunt but he just calls now to say where its at, he got 2 last year and I was dang glad to go get them for him. That said yea sometimes the meds are BAD but at 82 if it keeps him going then lets just keep going.

This is my wife’s plight. Almost verbatim. Began with strokes she was on the Fentynal. Strokes the result of blood hemolysis in LVAD pump and most likely the new Zarelto script thus forming a clot. She was in pain. Falling in therapy the works. Plus left side Paralyzed. Didn’t get drugs from the chinee. Scripted by her pallaitive care doc. She was on three opioids or artificial opioids. And she suffered brain damage from the strokes. She is now off all opioids. She still takes an occasional tramidol. But apparently her pain has subsided a bit.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 04/04/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
here`s a different side of the pain drugs that involves me : i have been fighting with a insurance company about my back surgery, doctor wanted to do surgery early January 2019 . insurance company would not give a answer for surgery or against it,so i sit in pain with advil or aleve that does not work well for pain , still waiting for surgery that should have been done already .but now because everyone is so dang worried about opiod addiction i sit in bad pain and can`t sleep well nor right now i don`t even wanna go out in shoot my rifles on my own rifle range.at 65 years of age , bercause ofthis drug addiction problem some people have , i don`t care i need some better pain medicine until my surgery !

Last edited by pete53; 04/04/19.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
Laws changed last year in Tn. Only 3 days of opiods are scripted and available for outpatient procedures by drs.

As for "pain clinics" , they are hauling the doctors who operate those place straight to jail.

Pain clinics are just another way to fleece the public.
In today's computer age who gets or gives what prescripts are easy to know without charging people that need the drug thousands of dollars every year.

Guys, I hope this finds you well, but that just ain't accurate. Yes there is a trail of prescriptions per patient available to the care givers, and yes they get denied in multitudes every day if they are drug seekers. Like "I'm visiting my whatever here and I left my percocet bottle at home in wherever." So the Quick Clinic, Urgent Care, etc runs their history and my, my, my. They're not from 'wherever', they're living 20 miles down the road and picked up a prescription for 90 last week. Doctor shopping drug seekers is not an unfamiliar term. Similar things happen a lot, really al lot, but very few get away with it. I know these things to be true. There are some doctors that abuse prescriptions but they are a very small sample compared to legitimate pain clinics and eventually they get busted. And these clinics/management centers are under great scrutiny to abide by the rules. They too will drop you like a hot rock if abuse is determined. Matter of fact patients sign a contract before treatment begins. And as far as fleecing, most private insurance and Medicare provide partial payment for visits just like any other specialty. But the scrutiny is still there. Lots of documentation involved. It's the flourishing illegal trade with product coming across our borders that is the problem. Like I said in my last post; it's kinda like guns and immigration. Have a good day.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Before fentanyl, it was oxycontin. Before that it was meth. Before that it was heroin. Before that it was crack cocaine. Before that it was _______. Addicts just have to get their high.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They gave me that crap when I broke my ankle, made me sick, so I flushed it. I should have put an add in the classifieds, sold it.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by hanco
They gave me that crap when I broke my ankle, made me sick, so I flushed it. I should have put an add in the classifieds, sold it.

Dude!!!!!!! Don’t even joke about that schidt!!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say ramp up the potency of the street durgs 200% .....bet it be less than a month before things straigthen up .

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Storming Norman is on the right track.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Not sure about high levels of scrutiny and dropping patients like a hot rock: my little home town. (Btw, larger than Billings)

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/st...-charged-opioid-fraud-scheme/2312021002/

Dr. Samson Orusa has been arrested on federal charges related to what prosecutors called an opioid distribution and fraud scheme.
Orusa, 56, has operated a medical practice in Clarksville for about 20 years, and this isn't the first time he's been accused of wrongdoing.

May 2004, Orusa's office was raided by federal agents, who left with boxes of medical records, according to previous Leaf-Chronicle reports. Orusa was later indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of performing unnecessary tests, billing without doing tests and money laundering.

Those accusations were a blow to his business. Orusa said some of the Medicaid health insurance plans that he carried dropped their contract with him after being contacted by prosecutors about the case.

For some time, the government froze his personal, business and charge accounts, he said. Orusa had to file bankruptcy and lost his home and business office, forcing his family to move, according to Leaf-Chronicle archives.

Jehova Jireh, God provides...opioids

[Linked Image]

Last edited by slumlord; 04/04/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
stoners gonna get stoned. A lot will die. Oh well.

Sam......

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Before fentanyl, it was oxycontin. Before that it was meth. Before that it was heroin. Before that it was crack cocaine. Before that it was _______. Addicts just have to get their high.

Fentanyl blows oxy, et. al., away, so much stronger, not something to be playing with.

Graveyards full of those who have.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I say ramp up the potency of the street durgs 200% ..

I think that's already happened, at least in some quarters.

DF

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Hits a little close to home for me having a father that has battled this years. Those of y'all wishing him death can kiss my ass. All started with him being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and those first pills he was given. He was a great father up to then. His most recent doctor got arrested for over prescribing, etc when he had a patient die which got an investigation started and he is now facing charges. My fathers new doctor is making a difference and things are looking better for now. We've been dealing with this for almost 20 years, a lot of ups and down, dreams my mother never got to see to fruition, etc. It sucks.

Last edited by killerv; 04/04/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I refused oxy when I had cancer surgery / radiation. It was a battle with the doctors to not take oxy.
I did do liquid codeine, and hydrocodone, just to swallow because it was throat cancer, but I was afraid of oxy. I grew up in a ghetto city, so I had real fear of addiction.
Still made it through. Maybe it was the wrong choice, but I had oxy in the hospital and was very seductive.
I have a high threshold for pain, so I did not absolutely need the high HP stuff, medium opioids were enough to be able to swallow/drink after the hospital. But if someone really needs the stuff, then use with supervision.

Destructive druggies are just looking to kill themselves on some depth. Maybe a terminal goal, but mostly it is a preconceived goal shielded as a mistake. No cure for that.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by killerv
Hits a little close to home for me having a father that has battled this years. Those of y'all wishing him death can kiss my ass. All started with him being diagnosed with fibromyalgia and those first pills he was given. He was a great father up to then. His most recent doctor got arrested for over prescribing, etc when he had a patient die which got an investigation started and he is now facing charges. My fathers new doctor is making a difference and things are looking better for now. We've been dealing with this for almost 20 years, a lot of ups and down, dreams my mother never got to see to fruition, etc. It sucks.

Sorry to hear that.

There are roads/paths out of that swamp, none of which are easy.

Chronic pain syndrome and fibromyalgia can be treated successfully, short of opiates.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They gave me Fentanyl to take the edge off my broken ankle and I was glad to have it. Waaaaaay better than ketamine. When I left the hospital they gave me a script for 20 oxycodone which was supposed to last me about 3 days. I just took the last one of the original 20 a few days ago, over 6 weeks later. I filled my one refill and I haven't touched them yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FishinHank
They gave me Fentanyl to take the edge off my broken ankle and I was glad to have it. Waaaaaay better than ketamine. When I left the hospital they gave me a script for 20 oxycodone which was supposed to last me about 3 days. I just took the last one of the original 20 a few days ago, over 6 weeks later. I filled my one refill and I haven't touched them yet.

Good call.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Terryk
Originally Posted by FishinHank

Good call.

Bet yo "regularity" got slowed a bit by all that stuff...

DF

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 257man, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,690
Posts18,534,494
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.