Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I have a savage axis I want to make into a striker clone keeping the mag. Problem is I am having a hard time finding a way to make the pistol stock. I live an hour away from Boyds but they only sell whats in production. I would even be interested if anyone that has an inletting machine would be willing to do just that on a blank and I could do the finish work.

Thanks

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don’t think that would be legal without a tax stamp. That aside you could build what you want by cutting and building up your rifle stock with epoxy and bondo and send it out to be duplicated.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheKid
I don’t think that would be legal without a tax stamp. That aside you could build what you want by cutting and building up your rifle stock with epoxy and bondo and send it out to be duplicated.

Yup, on everything...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Under a law you can not make a long gun into a pistol but you can make a pistol into a rifle. Some laws make no sense but money is made from them. Even a can on a gun can take years and much money. Guns have muzzles threaded but you can't just buy a can at the store. Even with the tax stamp we can't afford the thing anyway. Insist on doing it and we might get your mail from prison. Just buy a striker.

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Appreciate the replys. Seems ridiculous to pay $200 for a piece of paper for something already registered in my name but thanks for pointing that out. Turns out the stock will be the most difficult part so once i get the stock i will go through the proper paperwork before i chop the barrel and fit it to the stock. Though this was going to be a relatively easy and affordable project guess not.

Thanks

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If you’re spending money anyway why not just buy a Striker or XP 100? You can change barrels on the Striker or even have the XP set up for a barrel nut if you want to swap barrels. Be cheaper and you can have it right now.

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Thought it would be a fun project. I have the gun with only 200 invested thought Boyds would be able to help with a stock. I can cut and crown the barrel myself. Havent had much luck finding a striker the few I found were sokd already for over 800.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had two friends with Stricker's. Sadly one passed with cancer and he had my XP that I made custom. I would love to get it back. All shot better then any rifle. The Exemplar .22 I sold was also so good but I quit IHMSA. But Boyds would be in trouble to sell a stock for a rifle conversion. They will get you one for a pistol but they are restricted. In many countries that have strict gun rules you need a can to keep noise down but we need to pay and wait. Demoncrats that know nothing at all except money.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Body's is NOT in any way liable for making a stock for anything. It is perfectly legal to convert a rifle to a pistol, it simply costs extra to do it, and a tax must be paid. And stocks are not restricted. And the stock for the conversion is exactly the same stock as the pistol stock.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The question is the tax law and the time needed to be legal. I can not convert a rifle to a pistol without a back ground check, money and time. I would break the law to make a pistol stock for a cut down rifle. I would be responsible for your law breaking. If someone asked you as a smith to make a rifle into a pistol, would you do it? I think not.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
buy an Encore..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
The question is the tax law and the time needed to be legal. I can not convert a rifle to a pistol without a back ground check, money and time. I would break the law to make a pistol stock for a cut down rifle. I would be responsible for your law breaking. If someone asked you as a smith to make a rifle into a pistol, would you do it? I think not.

No, you would not break the law by making the stock. Stocks are not the controlled items, period. Until it is assembled there is no law broken. Further, if the tax has been paid and it is legal there is no reason not to do it. And Boyds would not be responsible for someone illegally assembling their products.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (257 roberts, 320090T, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,050 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.