Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Your Chose for a year to live and shoot off the land for a year!

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I wish you had something to add to the forum... 494 posts since Dec. and nothing to say.....

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
wish you had something to add to the forum... 494 posts since Dec. and nothing to say.....I see your a .177 fan But AA> your a looser on the post and really can not say you would take the 22 mag over the .177 to survive>> what an A$$! Enjoy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ranting, stick that 17 you like to bash up your A$$!! <<ENJOY>>

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

Campfire Kahuna

Kiowa/Deer Trail, Colorado
ranting, stick that 17 you like to bash up your A$$!! <<ENJOY>> luv the stupids>> and the 16 thousand posts>>MM you think they would have something good to SAY!!!

IC B2

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Birds of a feather on this forum ! even if it sucks>>Stupids! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
As I see the 22 mag is the best>.Hands Down!! Enjoy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Conversations with oneself, is bizarre behavior.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
U-R MENTALLY RETARDED》》》》》》》
GFY.>>>>>>>>>>

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
YA>> but I see no one has the BALLS>> to say the .177 is a better survival rifle over the 22 mag and why!!>your GARBAGE!! Enjoy

IC B3

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
SEE>Why is the big thing!!>>Punching Paper is one Thing!!!!! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
O Ya>>and shooting Fruit!! Hows your Melon?

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Conversations with oneself, is bizarre behavior.>>If you cant destroy it >>slander it!
the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Enjoy!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You’ve littered almost every sub forum on the Fire with posts that have either been completely ignored by all members except you talking back at yourself. Or, you get berated by a few members, and again nothing positive comes outta the exchange.

I read a few members make an attempt at explaining the difficulty members have decoding the style in which you write. You take offense at that as well...

One of my first long posts, I didn’t use any paragraphs. Being new to this site, several members took me apart for the lack of my posts readability...I had to agree and made changes to the way I write my posts, makes it easier for others to understand.

Just a suggestion since you’re posting a lot, and you obviously want members to reply without degrading you and your written word.

Maybe take a little more of your time and write without members needing a secret decoder ring to understand what your saying.

I’m sure you noticed I haven’t attacked you. Called you any bad names or inferred that you’re an idiot or troll...Just thought I’d offer a suggestion to improve your probability of members replying to your posts so you won’t have to talk to yourself...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
....And, there's NO such thing as a .177 HMR......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ranting "speaks" like a computer with Tourette syndrome attempting to pass the Turing test. The constant quoting, with inappropriate punctuation, and poor syntax, I doubt he is a real doofus. I'm thinking he is is an artificial doofus.
(Now for the useless quoting, and the inappropriate punctuation. Watch for it.... wink )

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
....And, there's NO such thing as a .177 HMR......

Hahaha, I came here to say this. And we're comparing this ".177HMR" to 22 milligrams of what, exactly? grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by colodog
I wish you had something to add to the forum... 494 posts since Dec. and nothing to say.....

Agreed, just a troll looking to stir the pot and aggravate people who are looking for serious discussion.

The best response to Mr. Ranting is to put him on ignore and render him more impotent than he already is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colodog

Seems like Kawi
Except Kawi usually had a point.

Or maybe he always had a point and sometimes I missed it

Where's Kawi when you need him?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ranting beat sky softly

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I read the posts>> and all they can say >>sh$t they really can not say that the.17 is better then the 22mag >>so they make a circus and all their clowns to post stupid things and the dog and pony show goes on and on with these stupid people and who am I to say stop it!! if they enjoy it>> let the circus go on!! The 22 mag is Hands down the best survive Cal ! Enjoy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, it's not.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
No, it's not.>> I say yes it is!! Enjoy

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Ranting
I read the posts>> and all they can say >>sh$t they really can not say that the.17 is better then the 22mag >>so they make a circus and all their clowns to post stupid things and the dog and pony show goes on and on with these stupid people and who am I to say stop it!! if they enjoy it>> let the circus go on!! The 22 mag is Hands down the best survive Cal ! Enjoy

Hush, John. I believe this is you. You continue with the self inflicted wounds.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, it's not.>> I say yes it is!! Enjoy

Nope. There is only one clear choice.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'd have no qualms about having just a .17 HMR for survival. I've generally found them to be more accurate than 22 mags so I would use one to it's strengths which I feel is pinpoint accuracy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wonder why, when we see ranting, we don't see stick and visaversa?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I'd have no qualms about having just a .17 HMR for survival>> YA RIGHT>> has this Ahole ever shot hipper fast bullets out of a Rifle at close Range??>>< >> Hes stupid or never shot!!! The 22 mag is the Best survival >>Hands Down!!

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
It still on this forum faster is better and speed kills!! >>NO>>NO>NO>>NO>> and these people with >>ATON of post mouth off and its the Gospel truth!! Mass kills with energy ! that what makes the 22 mag the best !! best speed for the mass that will drive deep other then blowing up !! Enjoy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
congratulations. you spelled qualms right. //**Enjoy??^^//

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I luv a dumb FK like you that just 16.868 >posts and feel you can push a threader around!> FU. ! O by the way do you want to Thread about the post?? MMMM >No way you just want to be a DUMB FK!!>> sad for you and this forum !

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
And this forum to let this HAPPEN! Enjoy>> Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
And is the Mind Set>>.22 My Gosh>>>> Lets Talk about a 375H&H>> that's would be out of this world for the threaders on this forum>> Brain Dead >Or Freeze I would say>>>>>> they could not even think about Mass and speed!! and what really kills small and BIG!

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
BUT> BUT >BUT> .17 >>Ya just keep reading your RAG!! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Grow a Melon and Shot It!~

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd take a 12ga. Shotgun over either choice offered, any day of the week. It will kill anything I aim it at, has more ammo options available, can shoot slug, shot, or even flares, and simpler to clean.
And if you can't speak proper english, with at least an attempt at proper punctuation, and syntax, I'm not going to bother with you beyond this point. Your childlike texting like half speech is annoying.
The ball's in your court, little twig.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Its Very intro about morons like you!! I have a 8.5 grizz 12 !>. MMMN>> What 500 shot gun shells Vs 500 22 mag >> Hands Down >> Hell 1,000 would fit into a 25 shot gun box!! and I am Being Nice!! >> 22 mag is the Best ! To live off the land for a very long time !!And Have some Punch !! >too many mad max pics!! Enjoy

Last edited by Ranting; 04/14/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its Very intro about morons like you!! I have a 8.5 grizz 12 !>. MMMN>> What 500 shot gun shells Vs 500 22 mag >> Hands Down >> Hell 1,000 would fit into a 500 shot gun!! and I am Being Nice!! >> 22 mag is the Best ! To live off the land for a very long time !!And Have some Punch !! >too many mad max pics!! Enjoy

Congratulations, you just made my ignore list, and that takes some really stupid chit. Even deflave and Big Stick are not on it. I've never had anyone on ignore before, you're the first, the one, and the only resident.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I bet Joe Rogan would shoot a 22 MAG>> not the girly .17!

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
LUV>>IT Kell this what you wrote >>>>Hell 1,000 would fit into a 500 shot gun>> And this is what I threaded>> 1,000 would fit into a 25 shot gun box!! >MY>MY MY!! 7181 posts of [bleep] Im sure! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Stack it box it cry on it hate it >the 22mag is the best survival cal! Enjoy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's been pretty obvious to me since the first week, and I'm not a tech guy, that it's not human. I was surprised how fast it can respond with insults.. like it will do here after my post

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kellory
I'd take a 12ga. Shotgun over either choice offered, any day of the week. It will kill anything I aim it at, has more ammo options available, can shoot slug, shot, or even flares, and simpler to clean.
And if you can't speak proper english, with at least an attempt at proper punctuation, and syntax, I'm not going to bother with you beyond this point. Your childlike texting like half speech is annoying.
Guess you don't plan on needing to survive for very long ? How many 12 gauge shells you figure you can carry ? A loaded .22 mag. is a fugg of alot better survival tool than an empty 12 gauge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ranting has a brother?

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Best ever made to stay out in the wilds 22mag HANDS DOWN!! ENJOY

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
hm>> with 16 THOUSSSSSSSSSSS just makes you a mouth OFF> that it seems to BE!! 22 mag is the best if you Live lite and need a punch to survive! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
There is no better Cal then the 22 mag to survive! and stay lite for years!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
.17 HMR is vastly superior for survival.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Guess you don't plan on needing to survive for very long ? How many 12 gauge shells you figure you can carry ? A loaded .22 mag. is a fugg of alot better survival tool than an empty 12 gauge.

You are assuming no access to reloading equipment of any kind, and no supplies but what you carry. I'm not. I assuming a simple base, and few new materials available. Different scenarios. Hulls can be reloaded with simple tools, and a variety of powders and shot (including casting my own.) I have molds for miniballs, and sinkers, now, and about 300lbs of cleaned soft lead.
I look at this question as "the stores have closed up, and you are on your own. You have one weapon to defend and eat with. Choose." Other than a true muzzleloader, and making your own gun powder, and mining your own lead, I see a shotgun as the simplest to reload, with the least precision needed.

https://youtu.be/4ezCOIj73wE

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

You are assuming no access to reloading equipment of any kind, and no supplies but what you carry. I'm not. I assuming a simple base, and few new materials available. Different scenarios. Hulls can be reloaded with simple tools, and a variety of powders and shot (including casting my own.) I have molds for miniballs, and sinkers, now, and about 300lbs of cleaned soft lead.
I look at this question as "the stores have closed up, and you are on your own. You have one weapon to defend and eat with. Choose." Other than a true muzzleloader, and making your own gun powder, and mining your own lead, I see a shotgun as the simplest to reload, with the least precision needed.

Well if I'm gonna be home I've got a whole goddam arsenal at my disposal and enough reloading components to last a lifetime. Why the hell would I choose just one gun/cartridge under those circumstances ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well if I'm gonna be home I've got a whole goddam arsenal at my disposal and enough reloading components to last a lifetime. Why the hell would I choose just one gun/cartridge under those circumstances ?

Like I said, stupid question isn't it?
Why would I be afield for an unknown duration, and have a strong fear of human contact that would forbid reloading as an option? I have not been airdropped onto a deserted island, and I can bloody well build a raft and sail. wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's from Ranting. Could it be anything but?......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22

It's from Ranting. Could it be anything but?......

Nope. That's why ranting and splinters are now on ignore. Finally had enough abusive language from both.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
.17 HMR is vastly superior for survival>>> Ya>>if you are surviving in your back yard and shooting melons!>> O ya do not forget to vid it and put it on yt !!

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
The 22 mag is the best survival rifles hands Down!! Enjoy

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wow>>>>>enjoy>>>

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I lean towards the 22 mag since I own one and compliment it with a Ruger single six with the 22 mag cylinder in place. but either would due for me. I would just want to have a durable rifle and a lot of ammo.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,079
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.