Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I bet Joe Rogan would shoot a 22 MAG>> not the girly .17!

GB1

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
LUV>>IT Kell this what you wrote >>>>Hell 1,000 would fit into a 500 shot gun>> And this is what I threaded>> 1,000 would fit into a 25 shot gun box!! >MY>MY MY!! 7181 posts of [bleep] Im sure! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Stack it box it cry on it hate it >the 22mag is the best survival cal! Enjoy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's been pretty obvious to me since the first week, and I'm not a tech guy, that it's not human. I was surprised how fast it can respond with insults.. like it will do here after my post

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kellory
I'd take a 12ga. Shotgun over either choice offered, any day of the week. It will kill anything I aim it at, has more ammo options available, can shoot slug, shot, or even flares, and simpler to clean.
And if you can't speak proper english, with at least an attempt at proper punctuation, and syntax, I'm not going to bother with you beyond this point. Your childlike texting like half speech is annoying.
The ball's in your court, little twig.
Guess you don't plan on needing to survive for very long ? How many 12 gauge shells you figure you can carry ? A loaded .22 mag. is a fugg of alot better survival tool than an empty 12 gauge.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ranting has a brother?

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Best ever made to stay out in the wilds 22mag HANDS DOWN!! ENJOY

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
hm>> with 16 THOUSSSSSSSSSSS just makes you a mouth OFF> that it seems to BE!! 22 mag is the best if you Live lite and need a punch to survive! Enjoy

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
There is no better Cal then the 22 mag to survive! and stay lite for years!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.17 HMR is vastly superior for survival.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I'd take a 12ga. Shotgun over either choice offered, any day of the week. It will kill anything I aim it at, has more ammo options available, can shoot slug, shot, or even flares, and simpler to clean.
And if you can't speak proper english, with at least an attempt at proper punctuation, and syntax, I'm not going to bother with you beyond this point. Your childlike texting like half speech is annoying.
Guess you don't plan on needing to survive for very long ? How many 12 gauge shells you figure you can carry ? A loaded .22 mag. is a fugg of alot better survival tool than an empty 12 gauge.

You are assuming no access to reloading equipment of any kind, and no supplies but what you carry. I'm not. I assuming a simple base, and few new materials available. Different scenarios. Hulls can be reloaded with simple tools, and a variety of powders and shot (including casting my own.) I have molds for miniballs, and sinkers, now, and about 300lbs of cleaned soft lead.
I look at this question as "the stores have closed up, and you are on your own. You have one weapon to defend and eat with. Choose." Other than a true muzzleloader, and making your own gun powder, and mining your own lead, I see a shotgun as the simplest to reload, with the least precision needed.

https://youtu.be/4ezCOIj73wE

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

You are assuming no access to reloading equipment of any kind, and no supplies but what you carry. I'm not. I assuming a simple base, and few new materials available. Different scenarios. Hulls can be reloaded with simple tools, and a variety of powders and shot (including casting my own.) I have molds for miniballs, and sinkers, now, and about 300lbs of cleaned soft lead.
I look at this question as "the stores have closed up, and you are on your own. You have one weapon to defend and eat with. Choose." Other than a true muzzleloader, and making your own gun powder, and mining your own lead, I see a shotgun as the simplest to reload, with the least precision needed.

Well if I'm gonna be home I've got a whole goddam arsenal at my disposal and enough reloading components to last a lifetime. Why the hell would I choose just one gun/cartridge under those circumstances ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well if I'm gonna be home I've got a whole goddam arsenal at my disposal and enough reloading components to last a lifetime. Why the hell would I choose just one gun/cartridge under those circumstances ?

Like I said, stupid question isn't it?
Why would I be afield for an unknown duration, and have a strong fear of human contact that would forbid reloading as an option? I have not been airdropped onto a deserted island, and I can bloody well build a raft and sail. wink

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's from Ranting. Could it be anything but?......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22

It's from Ranting. Could it be anything but?......

Nope. That's why ranting and splinters are now on ignore. Finally had enough abusive language from both.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
.17 HMR is vastly superior for survival>>> Ya>>if you are surviving in your back yard and shooting melons!>> O ya do not forget to vid it and put it on yt !!

R
Ranting Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
The 22 mag is the best survival rifles hands Down!! Enjoy

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Wow>>>>>enjoy>>>

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I lean towards the 22 mag since I own one and compliment it with a Ruger single six with the 22 mag cylinder in place. but either would due for me. I would just want to have a durable rifle and a lot of ammo.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (arky65, Aviator, afisher, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.