R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by Terryk
Ok, say a person has no church affiliation, but walks the path of Jesus, does that guy make the cut to heaven?

The condition is true faith, but not just mental assent. Faith that results in true regeneration of the soul. As all the better reformers asserted by authority of the Apostle Paul... He that believes is justified.

If you believe strictly one of Faith, or do you have good evidence supporting the truth of you proposition?

Precise and specific fulfilled prophecies, primarily in Isaiah concerning the coming Messiah, given over 700 years in advance. Fulfilled in Christ.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Whitefield... Great Awakening.. enabled unity in the colonies need for our revolution to succeed.
Wesleys influence in England avoided a French Revolution style meltdown.

So am I understanding your correctly, the French were the wrong kind of Christians, and that's why they had the French Revolution?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Ok, say a person has no church affiliation, but walks the path of Jesus, does that guy make the cut to heaven?

The condition is true faith, but not just mental assent. Faith that results in true regeneration of the soul. As all the better reformers asserted by authority of the Apostle Paul... He that believes is justified.

So I am thinking that is a yes?

Yes, if the faith is true, real and created in the heart by Grace and the Holy Spirit.
The Puritans talked about evidences of true regeneration.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Whitefield... Great Awakening.. enabled unity in the colonies need for our revolution to succeed.

So am I understanding your correctly, the French were the wrong kind of Christians, and that's why they had the French Revolution?

Prior to the French Revolution the Catholics murdered 70 thousand Protestants on St Bartholomews day. Slit their throats by the thousands. The Huguenots fled to the new world.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Does faith cause regeneration?

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The St Barts day massacre was like 250 year before the French Revolution. The 15th and 16th centuries had all of Europe embroiled in some form of religious war and persecution.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 04/07/19.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by IZH27

The direct immediate power of the Holy Spirit causes regeneration. Faith in Christ crucified and raised is the condition, all enabled by Grace alone.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
The St Barts day massacre was like 250 year before the French Revolution. The 15th and 16th centuries had all
Of Europe embroiled in some form of religious war and persecution.

Yes, but it made France distinctly different from our colonies.
We were 99 percent PROTESTANT, at the time if our revolution.
I would think France was nearly devoid of Protestants in 1802

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

The direct immediate power of the Holy Spirit causes regeneration. Faith in Christ crucified and raised is the condition, all enabled by Grace alone.

So faith causes regeneration.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
There were still Huegenot enclaves in France. And still are today.

I am a Huegenot descendant. My family went to Calvinist Scotland.

Founder

WS

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
The St Barts day massacre was like 250 year before the French Revolution. The 15th and 16th centuries had all of Europe embroiled in some form of religious war and persecution.

I make no claim to a perfect knowledge, but as I u understand it in almost every case the Catholics were the violent aggressors in Europe, especially in the Netherlands... the Spanish Fury...

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
There were still Huegenot enclaves in France. And still are today.

I am a Huegenot descendant. My family went to Calvinist Scotland.

Most amazing.
I know a Huguenot family down the road who have been on that land for over 300 years

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Prior to the French Revolution the Catholics murdered 70 thousand Protestants on St Bartholomews day. Slit their throats by the thousands. The Huguenots fled to the new world.

Modern estimates put that number as low as 5k, and no higher than 30k.

Eight million dead during the 30 years war, and far from all the atrocities of that war were committed by Catholics.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
There are more than a few pro white folks who have totally repudiated Christianity in favor of ancient European paganism coupled with tribalism.

In my mind...

Fools beyond belief going down a dead end road of total futility

What are “pro white folks” and why do they matter more than anyone else?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

I make no claim to a perfect knowledge, but as I u understand it in almost every case the Catholics were the violent aggressors in Europe, especially in the Netherlands... the Spanish Fury...

Ever read Göethe’s play "Egmont"? Set in the Spanish Netherlands. Beethoven wrote an overture for the play.

Remember a particular line from the play. “It is the plan that all common men should be armed”.

Founder

WS

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Do you adhere to Wesley’s doctrine of Christian perfection?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Norse gods were christian. The vikings were christian, Many of the old stories are christian. The Sumatrans and Babylonians were christian. God is God. But God is not Allah. Allah is a false god.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Considering the islamic invasion of Scandinavia and the rest of the world at present, I doubt very much Norse religion is going to cramp your style Mr. White.
Bigger fish to fry if you look around.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Considering the islamic invasion of Scandinavia and the rest of the world at present, I doubt very much Norse religion is going to cramp your style Mr. White.
Bigger fish to fry if you look around.

Scandinavia needs to reconnect with their Lutheran roots.
Their minds are a globby mess of weakness , false guilt and white self loathing.
True faith and true Grace makes men wise and brave and clear minded.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Do you adhere to Wesley’s doctrine of Christian perfection?

Int the context of Ephesians 3, Paul's prayer... yes.
But not the straw man

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (300_savage, 2500HD, 79S, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 673, 14 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,926
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.