Home
Posted By: Robert_White Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
There are more than a few pro white folks who have totally repudiated Christianity in favor of ancient European paganism coupled with tribalism.

In my mind...

Fools beyond belief going down a dead end road of total futility
Posted By: Terryk Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
What is your point, I don't get the futility point.
Posted By: CMH Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
Pretty sure he's saying only his god is real and that all the others are fake?
Originally Posted by Robert_White
There are more than a few pro white folks who have totally repudiated Christianity in favor of ancient European paganism coupled with tribalism.

In my mind...

I'd personally be much more interested in the Norse version of Heaven than the traditional Christian one.
Originally Posted by Terryk

Christianity is credible.
Odin is not.

Odin is not.

Christianity is credible?

Which version of Christianity do you believe in and why?
Protestant.
Because Protestants seek to place scripture first. Sole Scripture, Sola Fide, Sole Gratia.
Protestant.
Because Protestants seek to place scripture first. Sole Scripture, Sola Fide, Sole Gratia.

There's over a thousand flavors of Protestant. Can you be more specific?
Protestant.

I am not arguing. But if a Catholic lived a life outlined by Sole Scripture would they be saved? Interesting to hear your view.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
Another religious troll, just trying to start another endless argument.
Ecce argentum!!!!!
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Protestant.

I am mostly in agreement with the technical and precise positions of John Wesley, and the broader context of the
Holiness movement.
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Not really...

I am befuddled that thinking people would revert to Odin worship.
Protestant.

I am not arguing. But if a Catholic lived a life outlined by Sole Scripture would they be saved? Interesting to hear your view.

Who am I to say?
Idolatry is a soul damning sin. I would advocate coming out of Babylon... graciously.
Ok, say a person has no church affiliation, but walks the path of Jesus, does that guy make the cut to heaven?
Protestant.

I am mostly in agreement with the technical and precise positions of John Wesley, and the broader context of the
Holiness movement.

And his philosophy only birthed about 5 major branches of Christianity, plus hundreds of sub-branches....
Ok, say a person has no church affiliation, but walks the path of Jesus, does that guy make the cut to heaven?

The condition is true faith, but not just mental assent. Faith that results in true regeneration of the soul. As all the better reformers asserted by authority of the Apostle Paul... He that believes is justified.

The condition is true faith, but not just mental assent. Faith that results in true regeneration of the soul. As all the better reformers asserted by authority of the Apostle Paul... He that believes is justified.

So I am thinking that is a yes?

If you believe strictly one of Faith, or do you have good evidence supporting the truth of you proposition?
Whitefield... Great Awakening.. enabled unity in the colonies need for our revolution to succeed.
Wesleys influence in England avoided a French Revolution style meltdown.

If you believe strictly one of Faith, or do you have good evidence supporting the truth of you proposition?

Precise and specific fulfilled prophecies, primarily in Isaiah concerning the coming Messiah, given over 700 years in advance. Fulfilled in Christ.
Whitefield... Great Awakening.. enabled unity in the colonies need for our revolution to succeed.

So am I understanding your correctly, the French were the wrong kind of Christians, and that's why they had the French Revolution?

So I am thinking that is a yes?

Yes, if the faith is true, real and created in the heart by Grace and the Holy Spirit.
The Puritans talked about evidences of true regeneration.

So am I understanding your correctly, the French were the wrong kind of Christians, and that's why they had the French Revolution?

Prior to the French Revolution the Catholics murdered 70 thousand Protestants on St Bartholomews day. Slit their throats by the thousands. The Huguenots fled to the new world.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Does faith cause regeneration?
The St Barts day massacre was like 250 year before the French Revolution. The 15th and 16th centuries had all of Europe embroiled in some form of religious war and persecution.
Originally Posted by IZH27

The direct immediate power of the Holy Spirit causes regeneration. Faith in Christ crucified and raised is the condition, all enabled by Grace alone.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
The St Barts day massacre was like 250 year before the French Revolution. The 15th and 16th centuries had all
Of Europe embroiled in some form of religious war and persecution.

Yes, but it made France distinctly different from our colonies.
We were 99 percent PROTESTANT, at the time if our revolution.
I would think France was nearly devoid of Protestants in 1802

The direct immediate power of the Holy Spirit causes regeneration. Faith in Christ crucified and raised is the condition, all enabled by Grace alone.

So faith causes regeneration.
There were still Huegenot enclaves in France. And still are today.

I am a Huegenot descendant. My family went to Calvinist Scotland.
The St Barts day massacre was like 250 year before the French Revolution. The 15th and 16th centuries had all of Europe embroiled in some form of religious war and persecution.

I make no claim to a perfect knowledge, but as I u understand it in almost every case the Catholics were the violent aggressors in Europe, especially in the Netherlands... the Spanish Fury...
There were still Huegenot enclaves in France. And still are today.

I am a Huegenot descendant. My family went to Calvinist Scotland.

Most amazing.
I know a Huguenot family down the road who have been on that land for over 300 years

Prior to the French Revolution the Catholics murdered 70 thousand Protestants on St Bartholomews day. Slit their throats by the thousands. The Huguenots fled to the new world.

Modern estimates put that number as low as 5k, and no higher than 30k.

Eight million dead during the 30 years war, and far from all the atrocities of that war were committed by Catholics.
Posted By: mogwai Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

In my mind...

What are “pro white folks” and why do they matter more than anyone else?

I make no claim to a perfect knowledge, but as I u understand it in almost every case the Catholics were the violent aggressors in Europe, especially in the Netherlands... the Spanish Fury...

Ever read Göethe’s play "Egmont"? Set in the Spanish Netherlands. Beethoven wrote an overture for the play.

Remember a particular line from the play. “It is the plan that all common men should be armed”.
Do you adhere to Wesley’s doctrine of Christian perfection?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
The Norse gods were christian. The vikings were christian, Many of the old stories are christian. The Sumatrans and Babylonians were christian. God is God. But God is not Allah. Allah is a false god.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Considering the islamic invasion of Scandinavia and the rest of the world at present, I doubt very much Norse religion is going to cramp your style Mr. White.
Bigger fish to fry if you look around.
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Considering the islamic invasion of Scandinavia and the rest of the world at present, I doubt very much Norse religion is going to cramp your style Mr. White.
Bigger fish to fry if you look around.

Scandinavia needs to reconnect with their Lutheran roots.
Their minds are a globby mess of weakness , false guilt and white self loathing.
True faith and true Grace makes men wise and brave and clear minded.

Int the context of Ephesians 3, Paul's prayer... yes.
But not the straw man

Ever read Göethe’s play "Egmont"? Set in the Spanish Netherlands. Beethoven wrote an overture for the play.

Remember a particular line from the play. “It is the plan that all common men should be armed”.

Your depth of knowledge is far beyond mine, very informative.
What people believe in or don't t believe in is their own business.the only "pro white" religon i know of is called :
Church of the Creator.
Originally Posted by mogwai

In my mind...

What are “pro white folks” and why do they matter more than anyone else?

I am trying to figure it all out.
I am white and I have suffered greatly in recent years for vocalizing publicly a defense of white people.
Whites are being wiped out when you weigh out the world as a whole.
True Christian faith is the cure for European white cultural suicide... Same in Britain, Canada and usa
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The Norse gods were christian. The vikings were christian, Many of the old stories are christian. The Sumatrans and Babylonians were christian. God is God. But God is not Allah. Allah is a false god.

Odin was a baptized convert to Christ??!
Originally Posted by superlight17b
What people believe in or don't t believe in is their own business.the only "pro white" religon i know of is called :
Church of the Creator.

I am not advocating for an exclusive pro white religion.
I am advocating for White folks to return to Christian faith and not follow Odin or Thor or myths.
Whites are beset with false guilt and a bent to cultural suicide. At least a lot are.
Before he died and passed the power to Christians to the Catholics out. But the crusades took on their own religion while defeating and running the muslims back to the middle east..
What if there are 20 [bleep] arguing about fairytales on the interwebs, does god, Odin, or Santa give half a [bleep] about the sorry bastards?
No I do not believe God cares about the internet.
Originally Posted by Clydesdale
What if there are 20 [bleep] arguing about fairytales on the interwebs, does god, Odin, or Santa give half a [bleep] about the sorry bastards?

Incoherent
Originally Posted by Prwlr

https://www.dailywire.com/news/4565...es-largest-religion-us-michael-j-knowles
Atheism is not a religion. It is living life without God.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

In my mind...

I'd personally be much more interested in the Norse version of Heaven than the traditional Christian one.

How many virgins do you get in Valhalla? 72 is the benchmark for a Muslin with a rocket vest that turns him to vapor mist. 😎
72 Brunhildas? eek
Posted By: shaman Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
I actually bumped into a bunch of these folks back in '96. Opening Day of Ohio Bow, I had a spot out east of Cincinnati. The owner ran a campground and used to let it out to all sorts of alternative groups. This particular weekend, he called to tell me that the Sons of Odin were coming in for their regional conclave.

I managed to skewer a small buck on the property, and tracked him for an hour through a pasture, only to have drop by the campground and my truck. I came out through a line of tents set up near the main gathering area. You should have seen the welcome I got! I guess everyone had just gotten up and were having their coffee, and I came through camp and I was hailed as Hearn himself.

The only odd thing about these folks were the number of people who wanted to help me gut. I had probably half a dozen folks, men and women both, who wanted a piece of the action. It's the only time I've gutted a deer with an audience.

Odd folks, but nice.
Posted By: Starman Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
.. as I u understand it in almost every case the Catholics were the violent aggressors in Europe,
especially in the Netherlands... the Spanish Fury...

The British 1689 BIll of Rights (apon which the Founding Fathers used to model the US Bill of Rights)
enshrined the lawful right to Protestants to have arms for self defence, but it excluded the Catholics .. grin

Q./ As a Christian with Faith and the Holy Spirit,
are you able to adhere to the commandments that Jesus issued?

#1 Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

#2 love thy neighbour as thyself....( including your enemies)

Sinners despite being religious , are the wicked bunch who are separated from God.

Sinners are Gods enemies.

being wicked enemies of God tells me there are living without God.

Such religious types who think they can 'fake it till they make it".... are worse than atheists.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Odin is not.

Yeah, but Odin had the Valkyries, you know blondes with big tits, so I'll go with that...

But not the straw man

Well. I’m confused by your answer. Paul’s prayer has little or nothing to do with Wesley’s doctrine and you have not identified a Straw Man concerning his view. Will you elaborate?
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
Protestant.

Yup. Y'all come along 1500 years after the fact and figured it all out. There's now what, 25k to 30k "denominations" counting all the single independents and little agreement among any of them?

Martin Luther had no more than been identified as the author of the 95 theses when he and Zwingle got into a blood feud.

Uhhh..........Allah is Arabic for God. Arab Christians use Allah when referring to God.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

In my mind...

How many virgins do you get in Valhalla? 72 is the benchmark for a Muslin with a rocket vest that turns him to vapor mist. 😎

In Valhalla, you get to fight all day, be resurrected at sunset (if you die while fighting all day), then feast, drink, and f**k all night. Who cares if they're virgins?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
Protestant.

The atheists on here have no clue what that means. It's a waste of time trying to explain it.

But not the straw man

Well. I’m confused by your answer. Paul’s prayer has little or nothing to do with Wesley’s doctrine and you have not identified a Straw Man concerning his view. Will you elaborate?

I have not the reference handy, but it is in his published works. When asked for scripture to show their doctrine Wesley took his stand on Eph 3, to know the love of Christ that passes knowledge and be filled with all the fullness of God... nothing more nor less than this.

The straw man is known as...
Instantaneous sinless perfection
This I reject
Posted By: rimfire Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
I love to read these threads, People arguing over whose made up story makes the most sense is just funny.
Originally Posted by rimfire
I love to read these threads, People arguing over whose made up story makes the most sense is just funny.

You really don't know any thing about American history do you?
Coming from pa?
That takes the cake.
Originally Posted by Starman
.. as I u understand it in almost every case the Catholics were the violent aggressors in Europe,
especially in the Netherlands... the Spanish Fury...

The British 1689 BIll of Rights (apon which the Founding Fathers used to model the US Bill of Rights)
enshrined the lawful right to Protestants to have arms for self defence, but it excluded the Catholics .. grin

Q./ As a Christian with Faith and the Holy Spirit,
are you able to adhere to the commandments that Jesus issued?

#1 Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

#2 love thy neighbour as thyself....( including your enemies)

This is why I like Wesley so much, that was his big focus, that by Grace enabling the church would live and breathe Lving God supremely and then your neighbor.
The Salvation Army was a good example back in the late 1800s

That article documents a rise in general sadness, misery and suicide with a decline in faith in our society.
Posted By: K22 Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Coming from pa?
That takes the cake.

You might be surprised what he knows and what you don't. wink
Graciously I would assert...
There is a huge commonality among Protestant denominational statements of faith.
And Catholics killed Zwingli, not Luther.

I have not the reference handy, but it is in his published works. When asked for scripture to show their doctrine Wesley took his stand on Eph 3, to know the love of Christ that passes knowledge and be filled with all the fullness of God... nothing more nor less than this.

This I reject

If you recall the comment by Wesley I’d like to read it. I’m not asking you to find it, if you happen to recall.

Do you accept his view of achieving perfection throughout life?
Do you come at this from a Methodist or Wesleyan Holiness perspective?
Originally Posted by K22

Coming from pa?
That takes the cake.

You might be surprised what he knows and what you don't. wink

Mocking Christians while living in Penn?
Ignorant
So, how have these “pagans” prevented you from exercising your religious freedoms?

Honest question.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
They make movies about Thor.

When's the last time you saw a good flick about God?
Posted By: rimfire Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
R.W. don't get upset, I don't care what story a person want's to believe. I have a right to find it funny just like you have a right to believe a made up story. What does being from Pa. have to do with it ?
Originally Posted by deflave

Boy that John Denver guy sure could act.

This I reject

If you recall the comment by Wesley I’d like to read it. I’m not asking you to find it, if you happen to recall.

I believe that God will answer the prayer he inspired, so yes...
I am not Methodist in the modern sense because they are mostly apostate.
I actually lean more to A B Simpson on Holiness distinctives
Funny but I studied theology, and in that study I heard some pretty enlightening ideas.we looked at themes in the Bible.
One theme said the old testiment revolves around a church to guide people to god.
Things would work for a while, but then corruption would grow. Profit would point out corruption, no one would listen and collapse entailed.
After a while people would rally and refocus on god. But dependence on organized churchp would fall into corruption.

Now the New Testament. Jesus rejects organized religion and preaches individual responsibility. The church did not like that so he was crucified. But the message and spirit live without the organized church. So no corruption.

Fun stuff.
R.W. don't get upset, I don't care what story a person want's to believe. I have a right to find it funny just like you have a right to believe a made up story. What does being from Pa. have to do with it ?

Not upset...

The whole history of Penn is wrapped up in the struggle for persecuted Christians to find some peace and justice in this fallen world. It's in the air you breath. In a sense you are mocking the founder of PA and all the Quakers, Amish, Mennonites, and Scotch Irish Presbyterians who settled it...

I would push back against your disdain.........
Graciously
😁
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
There is a huge commonality among Protestant denominational statements of faith.

I know that, but my point was that they started feuding amongst themselves.

Charleston Heston did some good flicks.
I would think, no, venture that mocking Danites, Asher, and Naphtali would be an ignorant move. Especially not knowing what transpired back in those times and now in our time. How many questions deep can you go into the Odin believers history? I hope you realize that there are many names for "God" of which God is not one of them since God is not a name.
Martin Luther did nothing to help Christian believers, but instead enslaved them more into the same book the catholic religion was teaching from. I'm quite sure Lucifer was well pleased with that move.
Just saw this after a tour of the AI thread down in the cellar.

I am,

Thor

You worship Moses?
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I am,

Thor

Hard as a hammer, eh Dan?
So, how have these “pagans” prevented you from exercising your religious freedoms?

Honest question.

I do not make that complaint at all. Pagan do what he do.
I have observed that some or many white advocates follow paganism and I assert that Reformed Christianity is what made Northern Europeans wise, salty, brave, free and defiant of tyranny.
It is the cure for all that afflicts us in our collective social suicide and surrender to Islam and pc insanity.
No pagan hurts or harms me, it just is not a path to freedom or renaissance
Been a while then.

I am,

Thor

And won’t be able to walk for a week!
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Odin is not.

Yeah, but Odin had the Valkyries, you know blondes with big tits, so I'll go with that...

Unfortunately Slavic pagans don’t have big titted blondes. Usually hot chicks were witches, undead. Mermaids that killed you, but they were hot. Mavka and Rusuka for example.

Oden would roughly be Rod or Rodu. Thor would be Perun. Probably 90% same.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I know that, but my point was that they started feuding amongst themselves.

Yes but it was a huge movement affecting entire nation states. There was debate and sometimes it was harsh. I admit it, but I would argue that in the broad sweep of world history Lutherans, Calvinists And Weslyans had and have a lot in common.
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
WGAF?
Is somebody on the campfire seriously worshipping Thor?

And if so, is his name kellory?
Originally Posted by K22
I would think, no, venture that mocking Danites, Asher, and Naphtali would be an ignorant move. Especially not knowing what transpired back in those times and now in our time. How many questions deep can you go into the Odin believers history? I hope you realize that there are many names for "God" of which God is not one of them since God is not a name.
Martin Luther did nothing to help Christian believers, but instead enslaved them more into the same book the catholic religion was teaching from. I'm quite sure Lucifer was well pleased with that move.

Luther, on a good day, is the watershed person/moment that brought us into modern times.
His emphasis on Paul brought individual freedom and much societal justice and freedom.
All the better aspects of American political science we built upon from the brits is related in some way to Luther's reforms

I am,

Thor

And won’t be able to walk for a week!

My friend in Denmark might be a distant cousin to Dan.
Originally Posted by TERRY8mm
WGAF?

Our nation is dying. We are being over run by all kinds of bad. I am looking for answers.
Our nation is dying???

The Mongols slaughtered 15 million Persians out in the countryside back in the day.

In damn short order.

What the fugg is so terrible about today????
WGAF?

Our nation is dying. We are being over run by all kinds of bad. I am looking for answers.

That would be an interesting political platform to run on in 2020.

Try and garner the anti-Thor worshipper vote.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Depends on who you ask but it could be as bad as a truck only getting 20mpg or people smoking marijuana in Denver.

Oh, and the jews. Don't forget about the jews.
Our nation is dying???

The Mongols slaughtered 15 million Persians out in the countryside back in the day.

In damn short order.

Our colleges to the tune of over80 percent are Marxist, churning out insanity.
The border mess shows that we have no resolve as a people.
Our inner cities are war zones.
Neocons constantly drag us into nonredemptive wars
Our fiat currency is always decreasing in value
Sodomites march in our streets like they own the world
We have murdered 70 million in the womb and now they sell the body parts for profit
Islam is over running France and London is gone
WGAF?

You're looking for answers in all the wrong places...
Our nation is dying???

In damn short order.

We have murdered 70 million in the womb and now they sell the body parts for profit

Hysterics.
WGAF?

That would be an interesting political platform to run on in 2020.

Try and garner the anti-Thor worshipper vote.

I am on the side of right wing people and nationalists in Estonia, England, Dixie, and any and all European identity people. This is a huge movement and gaining ground. We must defend from Islam over running us. And pc insanity. I assert that Christianity in its purer form could and should inform this movement, not Odin and Hitler.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
WGAF?

You're looking for answers in all the wrong places...

History and scripture is the wrong place? Locke and Rutherford? Washington and Lee and Jackson, wrong places to look?
Sorry but I gotta say there were a lot of Catholics involved in running the muslims outta Europe the last time.
Our nation is dying???

In damn short order.

Hysterics.

We are headed to a revolution. Or totalitarianism.
Sorry but I gotta say there were a lot of Catholics involved in running the muslims outta Europe the last time.

No doubt.
Please notice...
I was asked where I stood so I answered.
Did not initiate this to focus on excessive anti Catholic sentiments

And we would do it again Bob. For the right price anyway.

I will say that the absolute last....very last thing I am gonna ask anyone is what church they go to.

Especially when the SHTF.

Frigging eternal power struggle.
Duly noted

I will say that the absolute last....very last thing I am gonna ask anyone is what church they go to.

I would point out the influence of George Whitefield on the colonies that put defiance in their souls leading up to our war of independence
Nope. You are trying to doom us to failure.

I would point out the influence of George Whitefield on the colonies that put defiance in their souls leading up to our war of independence

And perhaps Citizen Thomas Paine.

So what’s your take on Diest? Another honest question.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Odin is not.

My wife taken me to an opry oncet. I thought we was gonna see June Carter and Roy Acuff but it was one of them big teated blondes in a horned helmet, singin' tunes I didn't know. She had some huge mammary glands though.
Deist,
I had a very good friend who was a deist. He could not admit that God could be involved in human affairs and there be a Stalin. He was a black man from Tenn and hated communists.

I think deist falls short because I believe in the credibility of divine revelation found in scripture, because of so many exact and precise fulfilled prophecies

Day in, day out, Kaywoodie is the most informative historian on this site. It is a true pity he doesn't post more often.

Now I'm gonna hear Dusty Rhoads' intro music all day! Then it somehow morphs into Sammy Hagar's I Can't Drive 55.
Nope. You are trying to doom us to failure.

You would have to define your context of success and failure.
Hmmmmm....
The Protestant religon is the one true belief of christianity, is basically what you are proclaiming???

Didnt king James loose his head for tailoring the bible to his way of thinking, and it basically started the English civil war also.

Basically the KJV bible another example of people in a position of power and influence being able to cut, copy, and paste the bible for their needs or mark on it thruout history.

What I find funny is those who think and beleive it is all gods exact wording VERBATIM no matter what version of the Christian bible or branch of christianity they beleive in.

People need ta educate themselves just a little in how bibles have been modified by MAN over 1000,s of years I venture to say....

Are you sure King James had in his mind back in the day.
Offshoots of people using his bible dancing around handling rattlesnakes and talking tongues...
Cause in their minds we are all wrong and gonna burn in hell also.

So all the rest of us are gonna burn in hell unless we turn to your self declared correct branch of christianity then.....

Please provide us a address to this specific place of protestant worship you attend so we can all go to it and be saved.

I'm sure they dont judge other places of protestant worship in your area either.....

Any local church of any other branch of christianity in your area must be like the planet of the apes forbidden zone and their members must be radioactive mutants then....
Turn before you burn.....

People telling others how to believe in god and judging them as heretics if their viewpoints are not exactly like theirs are the type of people that are numb in the head........
Thomas Paine,
He was a man that changed over time.
He took a lot of Protestant argumentation against tyranny and built on it in common sense.
I EAT Z-28's
Originally Posted by renegade50
Hmmmmm....
The Protestant religon is the one true belief of christianity, is basically what you are proclaiming???

Didnt king James loose his head for tailoring the bible to his way of thinking, and it basically started the English civil war also.

Basically the KJV bible another example of people in a position of power and influence being able to cut, copy, and paste the bible for their needs or mark on it thruout history.

What I find funny is those who think and beleive it is all gods exact wording VERBATIM no matter what version of the Christian bible or branch of christianity they beleive in.

People need ta educate themselves just a little in how bibles have been modified by MAN over 1000,s of years I venture to say....

Offshoots of people using his bible dancing around handling rattlesnakes and talking tongues...

So all the rest of us are gonna burn in hell unless we turn to your self declared correct branch of christianity then.....

Please provide us a address to this specific place of protestant worship you attend so we can all go to it and be saved.

I'm sure they dont judge other places of protestant worship in your area either.....

Any local church of any other branch of christianity in your area must be like the planet of the apes forbidden zone and their members must be radioactive mutants then....

People telling others how to believe in god and judging them as heretics if their viewpoints are not exactly like theirs are the type of people that are numb in the head........

George Washington was a generic Protestant who was faithful in his Episcopal discipline. So was Robert E Lee...
Numb in the head?
Locke was a Protestant, and so was Rutherford.
And Newton and Farraday.
Hehehe......

Definition of success??

You ask me that when you use the term "purest" in your descriptions??

Yeah, I believe our definitions might be a bit different.
Pardon me, but has anybody some Absinthe?
Hehehe......

Definition of success??

There's too much traffic I can't pass.
Thomas Paine,
He was a man that changed over time.
He took a lot of Protestant argumentation against tyranny and built on it in common sense.

And never received the credit due him for his monumental work with the Declaration of Independence.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I have really cut back on my absinthe consumption. Truely
Hehehe......

Definition of success??

Undoubtedly...

Put something out there...

I have really cut back on my absinthe consumption. Truely

Sure, now that you dont hear so good on that one side.....

Honest question.

I have observed that some or many white advocates follow paganism and I assert that Reformed Christianity is what made Northern Europeans wise, salty, brave, free and defiant of tyranny.
It is the cure for all that afflicts us in our collective social suicide and surrender to Islam and pc insanity.

It was inspite of Reformed Christianity that these Northern Europeans were defiant of tyranny. In fact, it was Religious Christianity that tried to enslave them.

Day in, day out, Kaywoodie is the most informative historian on this site. It is a true pity he doesn't post more often.

The answers I have always sought, lay in the past. So what better place to search?
K22

You would have to prove that.

The Dutch obtained freedom due to their solid unwavering Reformed faith.
Hmmmmm....

George Washington was a generic Protestant who was faithful in his Episcopal discipline. So was Robert E Lee...
Numb in the head?
Locke was a Protestant, and so was Rutherford.
And Newton and Farraday.

IDGAF about who was what or when.
Do you put yourself in their same league as a great man also in some convoluted way of thinking you have.....

Get up on that soapbox and preach whatever brother!
If it makes ya feel full of the glowing rightous spirit of the Lord according to your specific beleif.

And label all others as heretics cause they dont beleive exactly what you do.

Like I said ...
Numb in the head......
The answers I have always sought, lay in the past. So what better place to search?
"And we beat on, boats against the current, drifting ceaselessly...into the past."
Posted By: slumlord Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Yes

Honest question.

Probably several Roman Legion commanders that would find a good argument with you here.

Honest question.

Probably several Roman Legion commanders that would find a good argument with you here.

And Highlanders.
I'll bet Thomas Paine would too.
Ha!
Constantine!
In this sign conquer!
When Paine started out his better argumentation was derived straight from Protestant resistance literature.
Originally Posted by K22

Honest question.

And Highlanders.
There can be only one.
Don't lose your head
Do you think stars are just pinholes in the curtain of night?
Originally Posted by slumlord
Don't lose your head
I won't as long as I'm not around the man from mars.
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
"ONE MAN'S RELIGION IS ANOTHER MAN'S BELLY LAUGH"
Originally Posted by K22

Honest question.

And Highlanders.
There can be only one.

"Ein Soldat muss seine Offiziere mehr fürchten als der Feind"
(A soldier must fear his officers more than the enemy)

Frederick the Great

😊
"ONE MAN'S RELIGION IS ANOTHER MAN'S BELLY LAUGH"

Psalm 2:4
God is not only indifferent, but often-times cruel. And he doesn't have the chicks, Odin does,

In my mind...

This stuff started taking hold in prisons in this country. It is White Supremacy dressed up as religion called Asatru. The ironic thing is, even the Vikings dumped Odin for Christianity centuries ago, and that's why it died in the first place. The current form was just made up by some dude in the 70s.
And bier!! Odin has bier in Vahalla!

In heaven there is no bier!

xactly..
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
I thought Odin looked a lot like Anthony Hopkins.
Originally Posted by reivertom

In my mind...

This stuff started taking hold in prisons in this country. It is White Supremacy dressed up as religion called Asatru. The ironic thing is, even the Vikings dumped Odin for Christianity centuries ago, and that's why it died in the first place. The current form was just made up by some dude in the 70s.

Lana Lokteff just interviewed Jayda Fransen after Jayda got out of 9 months in prison. Fascinating discourse, but Lana asserted paganism as a credible position for white apologists. Jayda graciously stood her ground as a Christian. Point being, Red Ice TV seriously embraces paganism for real but on other issues they can be very honest and informative.

And even erudite Jared Taylor avoids affirming Christianity as the bedrock of European identity. At least in specifics
I always like the story of the French Jesuits explaining to "les Sauvages" that "les Angliase" nailed the Baby Jesus to a cross of wood. In turn les Sauvages would take many scalps for the Baby Jesus.
https://www.visit-luther.com/reformation-heroes/katharina-von-bora/

Luther was very happy in his marriage. She reportedly brewed beer.
https://www.visit-luther.com/reformation-heroes/katharina-von-bora/

Luther was very happy in his marriage. She reportedly brewed beer.

Of course!!! It’s food!!!

And

Certainly cleaner than the water!!!!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Hey, thats what HE said. shocked
Posted By: Gus Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19
from the peanut gallery i'll throw out low key kudo's to mr. john calvin. he's seldom heard much about here in the postmodern era. but i particularly like his concept that god will save whomever he so chooses. that's his sovereign right. not much airtime on that in this day and age.

as far as the odin supporters converting, it happened the same way a ton of jews converted to catholacism. with the demand to convert or meet god right now.

the same concept is being projected by certain sects of islam, particularly in africa. it's amazing the success of a conversion experience when offered such a sweet deal.
And whomcan forget the Treaty of Westphalia!

Originally Posted by Beaver10

In my mind...

In Valhalla, you get to fight all day, be resurrected at sunset (if you die while fighting all day), then feast, drink, and f**k all night. Who cares if they're virgins?

Virgins are so overrated...Give me a woman with talent and experience for my afterlife. Just another example of how stupid these goat fuggers are to be easily talked into becoming a human water balloon. 😎
I do find their snake training abilities to be RB&BB Circus level schit...Right up to the point where the pastor gets struck in the face and really starts to jump around for a good reason...

Pass the plate. Pastor Festus is gonna need a new eyeball 😎
Peace of Westphalia...

Yes indeed. This thread just got elevated

You worship Moses?

Heston did Ben Hur too, it was a Jesus movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Hur_(1959_film)

As evil a statement as any polka band in the 20th century has ever made. Pure evil. Blasphemy.

This I reject

So a mid 1800’s Holiness Movement perspective.
I’m interested to understand how you measure personal holiness and righteousness as you progress in years. Is there a standard by which you gauge your progress? When you speak of faith do you see faith as an effort on your part which must grow from within you based on your devotion, intensity and power?
Originally Posted by Gus
from the peanut gallery i'll throw out low key kudo's to mr. john calvin. he's seldom heard much about here in the postmodern era. but i particularly like his concept that god will save whomever he so chooses. that's his sovereign right. not much airtime on that in this day and age.

as far as the odin supporters converting, it happened the same way a ton of jews converted to catholacism. with the demand to convert or meet god right now.

the same concept is being projected by certain sects of islam, particularly in africa. it's amazing the success of a conversion experience when offered such a sweet deal.

A shout out for Mr Calvin! That is indeed a rare thing in this day and time unless the comment is derisive and made by a person who has never read two consecutive lines of information that the man wrote down.

Or smoking, or drinking, or sex, or gambling, or eating whatever or as much as you want; you know, anything fun. Who the hell wants to spend eternity sitting on a cloud playing a harp???

Or smoking, or drinking, or sex, or gambling, or eating whatever or as much as you want; you know, anything fun. Who the hell wants to spend eternity sitting on a cloud playing a harp???

Bacon, is there bacon?

Bacon, is there bacon?

Bacon is highly enjoyable, so no. Not allowed.

Bacon, is there bacon?

Bacon is highly enjoyable, so no. Not allowed.

Even evil polka bands never suggested that level of cruelty.

Pagans do not have such vile thoughts.

So now I can conclude pagans don't polka. Except maybe the "she is too fat for me polka", everyone likes that one.

I'll agree that Christianity is preferable of the two, but IMHO religion and the belief there is a god that's gonna give us everlasting life is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind....

This I reject

So a mid 1800’s Holiness Movement perspective.
I’m interested to understand how you measure personal holiness and righteousness as you progress in years. Is there a standard by which you gauge your progress? When you speak of faith do you see faith as an effort on your part which must grow from within you based on your devotion, intensity and power?

A lot could be said...

Grace alone in Justification
The way you begin is the way you continue, Grace alone and faith alone
Faith is a gift and miracle of Grace and yet man's will is enabled by Grace to consent
I come very close to Calvinist monergism in regeneration, and very little discord with Calvinists on Sanctification.
Charles Finney I reject
Originally Posted by Gus

Calvin's Institutes, one of top ten most influential books ever written.
Reply to MM.

And since the time of Abraham has kept thousands, and tens of thousands, and even millions of priests, pastors, and ministers fat, happy and often well laid.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Reply to MM.

And since the time of Abraham has kept thousands, and tens of thousands, and even millions of priests, pastors, and ministers fat, happy and often well laid.

Huss cried out against those specific corruptions as well as many other Reformers
Our nation is dying???

In damn short order.

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is impossible that a nation of infidels or idolaters should be a nation of freemen. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, is incompatible with freedom. No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue; and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.”

Patrick Henry

We are headed to a bad place.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Damn. Well we can still jerk off to all the naked chicks right? All the girls WILL be naked... won't they?
now that the various Pagan god's have reached the pages of the august campfire site,

one might be amiss to not mention the name of the Mighty Wotan.

Christians, Pagans, and heathens, heard about them all.

not to raise the bristles on the back of the necks of certain groups,

but it's curious why tons of christian missionaries aren't flooding into africa, etc.

i know it might mean instant death, and of course instant delivery to heaven.

but they seem to be holding back? choosing safe churches to pastor, maybe?

maybe their intent is to allow the islamic variation of religion to run it's course, and expire?

meanwhile, they'll remain safely behind the lines, until the fire is extinguished?

i don't know. i'm just speculatin'

A lot could be said...

Grace alone in Justification
The way you begin is the way you continue, Grace alone and faith alone
Faith is a gift and miracle of Grace and yet man's will is enabled by Grace to consent
I come very close to Calvinist monergism in regeneration, and very little discord with Calvinists on Sanctification.
Charles Finney I reject

Interesting contrast. This is probably not the appropriate place but I’d like to hear how you got from where you were to where you are. To hit at a point on faith. Gift first foremost and always?

Paul’s doctrine of imputation?
Originally Posted by Gus
now that the various Pagan god's have reached the pages of the august campfire site,

but it's curious why tons of christian missionaries aren't flooding into africa, etc.

maybe their intent is to allow the islamic variation of religion to run it's course, and expire?

meanwhile, they'll remain safely behind the lines, until the fire is extinguished?

The last that I heard is that there is a return to the Gospel in Africa that is intrinsic and originating from native pastors. Not the word of faith malarkey that has been taken there. More of a Reformation view.
Originally Posted by Gus

The last that I heard is that there is a return to the Gospel in Africa that is intrinsic and originating from native pastors. Not the word of faith malarkey that has been taken there. More of a Reformation view.

i too have heard that. and one, it gets the foreign missionaries off the hook, at least sort of.
but, then we have to question how effective is it? the islam peoples are expanding their geographic locations.

the weather changes, if any are having an effect. that is drought happens to the faithful & unfaithful alike?

i honestly don't even know what kind, type or sort of faith the chinese bring to the area, as they set up shop.

i suspect they'll have little willingness to deal with the islam people that want to cause trouble. they'll respond decisively.

maybe the age of christian evangelism has run it's course and is coming to a close?
I think that Christian evangelism is changing. AS makes a good point about the various sects that exist. There is a lot of deviation from historic Christianity. I believe that much of what is seen in America does little to actively reflect historic Christianity. I’d say that the course is the same but there is a trend back toward a good traditional model of evangelism.

In Africa it seems to be very organic where native people are trained to lead the local church instead of creating a dependency on foreign missionaries. Teach a man to fish... This is also happening in Peru, is quite effective and reflects the pattern taught and exemplified by Paul.

Sounds like what the catholic church kinda wants from their members here on earth.

I am a "bad" catholic myself.

Originally Posted by huntinaz

Damn. Well we can still jerk off to all the naked chicks right? All the girls WILL be naked... won't they?

That's already taboo here, so it would be a huge no-no in Heaven. Every inch of skin, from neck to feet, will be covered.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/08/19

Odin is not.

Odin promised to rid the world of frost giants..........when’s the last time you saw one?

That's already taboo here, so it would be a huge no-no in Heaven. Every inch of skin, from neck to feet, will be covered.

Man. So depressing. Maybe I should drink less and start eating better.
Or, jackoff as much as you can while you still have time
Originally Posted by NH K9

Odin is not.

Odin promised to rid the world of frost giants..........when’s the last time you saw one?

Following through with promises. Bier in Heaven. What's this glorious religion called again? Can I join even if I'm not a Norseman? I bet I have at least some Norse DNA in me, what with all the raping and pillaging they used to do to Europe. Not that I believe in DNA.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Or, jackoff as much as you can while you still have time

AND. And jack off as much as I can while I still have time wink

Gonna gamble more too.
With Odin the Norse ruled quite a bit of the known world. With Jesus it all went down hill.
Reply to MM.

Huss cried out against those specific corruptions as well as many other Reformers

Jan Huss I guess your saying Prague 1420's. 90% of Czechs are atheist today. But it made Jan Zizka famous for warfare/tactics against the knights.
One of many crusades against non-muslims. Pope(s) like to kill other Christians too. And especially eradicate Slavic Pagans.
my distant cousin recently spoke with some descendents of the wotan worshippers.

the high german, and the middle german are probably two different dialects?

anyways, in northern europe a lot of folks got sacrificed in god's name.

jews, pagans and others have to be dealt with. it's std isue.

Basically the KJV bible another example of people in a position of power and influence being able to cut, copy, and paste the bible
for their needs or mark on it thruout history.

What I find funny is those who think and beleive it is all gods exact wording VERBATIM no matter what version of the Christian bible
or branch of christianity they beleive in.

Many struggle with just the English language and then with a myriad of English versions of Bible (approx 56) ...
what chance do they ever have of understanding what was lost in translation from Hebrew and Greek to English....?

Originally Posted by reivertom

.. The ironic thing is, even the Vikings dumped Odin for Christianity centuries ago, and that's why it died in the first place. ...

the norsemen when establishing their distant trading routes found that Christians would refuse to do business/trade with such Pagans.

So the savvy Norse pretended to be christians in order to be able to conduct business, but still largely continued on with their Paganism.
(sort of like wearing a suite in court, keeping up sham appearances when appropriate is the smart thing to do... grin )

any ways ,...the easily impressionable dumbazz Christians bought it... wink
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
With Odin the Norse ruled quite a bit of the known world. With Jesus it all went down hill.

There is that to consider
Some people should be visited by Darwin.

Many a campfire christian given the choice, would rather Thors hammer than carry Jesus's cross or a basket of fish.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/09/19

All the cool kids are doing it. I love Thor. I dedicate most of my Friday and Saturday nights to Him.

And worship can mean so many things. To some it may mean viciously admonishing nonbelievers for their sins with or without the semi-frequent engagement in the same base activities behind closed doors. To others, it could be smugly laughing inside at the sight of a filthy sinner whilst choosing for his self which words of God to follow to the letter and which can be twisted into what's convenient or what feels good, as long as he is sorry afterwards. To me, it generally means getting piss drunk and staggering around my yard in my underwear, whilst shouting a lot about the virtues of raping and pillaging with a big hammer in my hand, and then vomiting a lot. Sometimes I puke and rally.

Reply to MM.

Jan Huss I guess your saying Prague 1420's. 90% of Czechs are atheist today. But it made Jan Zizka famous for warfare/tactics against the knights.
One of many crusades against non-muslims. Pope(s) like to kill other Christians too. And especially eradicate Slavic Pagans.

The history of the Albigensian Crusade makes for some interesting reading as well. Basically the Catholics exterminated them for being more Christian than the Catholics.

“Religion is a totalitarian belief. It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life, before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead.

A celestial North Korea. Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung. It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved. But at least you can f#cking die and leave North Korea!”

Christopher Hitchens
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

I'll agree that Christianity is preferable of the two, but IMHO religion and the belief there is a god that's gonna give us everlasting life is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind....

Not all religions are equal. In terms of their effects upon the well being of their followers, the worst tend to be the Shamanistic religions. Of the major religions the worst is Islam, and the best is Judaism, but the this still falls short of the well being experienced by Atheist.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/09/19
you either believe in mind before matter or
matter before mind.

The question of who owns the stairway to heaven is a different topic.
Led Zeppelin

“Religion is a totalitarian belief. It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life, before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead.

A celestial North Korea. Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung. It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved. But at least you can f#cking die and leave North Korea!”

Christopher Hitchens

You drink from the well of that man?

Hitchens took no prisoners.

He could make you look into a mirror.

I'll grant you this, he did write a tremendous article on prisons in the US..
But good gravy, that quote above was breathed by marx and satan himself.

Hitchens questioned everything including religion. Don't blame that on Satan.

"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass."
Christopher Hitchens:
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.
To terrify children with the image of hell... to consider women an inferior creation. Is that good for the world?

No one could turn a phrase like him.

No, it wasn't. It's also a commentary against totalitarianism.

If you can't handle Hitchens, here's a quote from a more moderate Atheist, Richard Dawkins:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction:
jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
Jesus is Lord.
Posted By: Starman Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
[.... Richard Dawkins:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction:
jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic,
racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

The old man knew his tired old marketing approach had to change, he sent his son cause of the simple fact
you get more bees with honey than with lemons.

Folks best take heed that sweet hippie Jesus might get them a room in Gods house, but they will be under the tyrannical Fathers rules.
Christopher Hitchens vs. Bill Donohue debate, Union League Club in New York City (March 23, 2000)
• I don't have to begin, as I would have if I were speaking for the Church, with any apologies. We don't have a lot to apologize for. It wasn't we who framed Galileo, it wasn't we who said that God wanted the Crusades, it wasn't we who mounted the Inquisition, it wasn't we who sponsored Pavoloch, Salazar, Mussolini, Dollfuss, Hitler, Vichy, Franco, and the rest of it;

“Let's say that the consensus is that our species, being the higher primates, Homo Sapiens, has been on the planet for at least 100,000 years, maybe more. Francis Collins says maybe 100,000. Richard Dawkins thinks maybe a quarter-of-a-million. I'll take 100,000. In order to be a Christian, you have to believe that for 98,000 years, our species suffered and died, most of its children dying in childbirth, most other people having a life expectancy of about 25 years, dying of their teeth. Famine, struggle, bitterness, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years.

Heaven watches this with complete indifference. And then 2000 years ago, thinks 'That's enough of that. It's time to intervene,' and the best way to do this would be by condemning someone to a human sacrifice somewhere in the less literate parts of the Middle East. Don't lets appeal to the Chinese, for example, where people can read and study evidence and have a civilization. Let's go to the desert and have another revelation there. This is nonsense. It can't be believed by a thinking person.

Why am I glad this is the case? To get to the point of the wrongness of Christianity, because I think the teachings of Christianity are immoral. The central one is the most immoral of all, and that is the one of vicarious redemption. You can throw your sins onto somebody else, vulgarly known as scapegoating. In fact, originating as scapegoating in the same area, the same desert. I can pay your debt if I love you. I can serve your term in prison if I love you very much. I can volunteer to do that. I can't take your sins away, because I can't abolish your responsibility, and I shouldn't offer to do so. Your responsibility has to stay with you. There's no vicarious redemption. There very probably, in fact, is no redemption at all. It's just a part of wish-thinking, and I don't think wish-thinking is good for people either.

It even manages to pollute the central question, the word I just employed, the most important word of all: the word love, by making love compulsory, by saying you MUST love. You must love your neighbour as yourself, something you can't actually do. You'll always fall short, so you can always be found guilty. By saying you must love someone who you also must fear. That's to say a supreme being, an eternal father, someone of whom you must be afraid, but you must love him, too. If you fail in this duty, you're again a wretched sinner. This is not mentally or morally or intellectually healthy.

And that brings me to the final objection - I'll condense it, Dr. Orlafsky - which is, this is a totalitarian system. If there was a God who could do these things and demand these things of us, and he was eternal and unchanging, we'd be living under a dictatorship from which there is no appeal, and one that can never change and one that knows our thoughts and can convict us of thought crime, and condemn us to eternal punishment for actions that we are condemned in advance to be taking. All this in the round, and I could say more, it's an excellent thing that we have absolutely no reason to believe any of it to be true.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Or,
For those who prefer video:

I like my bacon crispy.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I like my bacon crispy.

The only post worth a eighth of a [bleep] in this thread.
I like my bacon crispy.

Yeah, who wants limp bacon.
Antelope

Can't you see how you and Hitchens are self contradictory?
North Korea is run by YOUR kind... Atheists. It is a hell hole of hate and injustice, along with all nations that have been run by atheists.

All the primary first tier nations that most 3rd worlders are beating down the doors to get in to have a long deep history of Protestant Christian culture.

You yourself are enjoying to some extent the benefits of a nation largely influenced by the wisdom of the great good Protestant John Locke.

Famous atheistic nations by contrast are absolute devil's hells. Maoist China, Lenin, Stalin and all the nation's whom embraced Marx.

Marx railed against God just like Hitchens.

Hitchens took out time from his busy day of God-hating to write screeds against Mother Teresa.
Brother... you live in a dark world.

Take time to visit a black mount Zion Baptist missionary fire baptized holiness revival some day when they have a big choir singing Oh Happy Day.

Can I get a witness?
I like my bacon crispy.

Me too
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IHEE52X6pZ4
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Joy unspeakable...
Auntie getting happy
Going up yonder

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQGqoLWGI4
I watched the bacon vid!
Ha!
Now I want bacon.
[Linked Image]
I don't know what it is but something tells me Rockin' Robin knows how to rock.
Posted By: kkahmann Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Hitch was right about Mother Teresa
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Hitchens is dead but I'm glad I didn't have to debate him. I am by no means in his camp (atheism), not even close, but this I can say, God is not only indifferent, but often-times cruel...
Hitchens was one of most interesting people I've ever heard. He had a gift.
To be honest I'd never even heard of Odin until the Vikings series...and I'm Norwegian.

Seemed to work back then...
Posted By: Gus Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Originally Posted by Starman
[.... Richard Dawkins:

jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic,
racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

The old man knew his tired old marketing approach had to change, he sent his son cause of the simple fact
you get more bees with honey than with lemons.

Folks best take heed that sweet hippie Jesus might get them a room in Gods house, but they will be under the tyrannical Fathers rules.

yep, as the world progressed, as population increased, and as culture developed, so did religion change.

it is fair to say that the Mighty YHWH did change his tactics down here on urth.
Posted By: Etoh Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Both sides fail in the their supporting arguments, because the main supposition is not proven. Anthropomorphism.

I'd rather be in Valhalla than heaven . . .
Posted By: Terryk Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19

[/quote]
Originally Posted by Etoh
Both sides fail in the their supporting arguments, because the main supposition is not proven. Anthropomorphism.

The credible empirical evidence supporting Christianity is plethora.
Not evidence...just a lot of faith.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Antelope

Can't you see how you and Hitchens are self contradictory?
North Korea is run by YOUR kind... Atheists. It is a hell hole of hate and injustice, along with all nations that have been run by atheists.

All the primary first tier nations that most 3rd worlders are beating down the doors to get in to have a long deep history of Protestant Christian culture.

You yourself are enjoying to some extent the benefits of a nation largely influenced by the wisdom of the great good Protestant John Locke.

Famous atheistic nations by contrast are absolute devil's hells. Maoist China, Lenin, Stalin and all the nation's whom embraced Marx.

Marx railed against God just like Hitchens.

Hitchens took out time from his busy day of God-hating to write screeds against Mother Teresa.
Brother... you live in a dark world.

Take time to visit a black mount Zion Baptist missionary fire baptized holiness revival some day when they have a big choir singing Oh Happy Day.

Can I get a witness?

What about the Czech Republic? It is 80-90% atheist. Probably the same amount as North Korea.
95% of believers are best classified as Catholics, and they worship idols. Crucifix on every wall.
Protestants log in at 1%. No John Locke there.
I don't think the Czech republic is 3rd world , it is in the EU, and NATO.
Chech Republic is a fairly peaceful country with 105 murders per year. That is for the whole country.
In 2016, the city of Chicago had 762 murders. Chicago is 71% Christian.
Not evidence...just a lot of faith.

No, credible factual evidence
Posted By: deflave Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Well, Robert.

How many converts you at?
Well, Robert.

How many converts you at?

You were doing pretty good till you fell away on April 1st...
So I will go with .5
Posted By: deflave Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
At least I tried.
What happens when Catholics and Lutherans meet up in Texas. ( Graphic Warning! Accordians in use)

Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
Islam has not changed in 2000 years. Which is why it is a cult.

You have yet to present with any.
Posted By: rimfire Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
If a religion changes, doesn't it mean it was wrong to begin with?
Posted By: Gus Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/10/19
If a religion changes, doesn't it mean it was wrong to begin with?

i would suggest that all religions, like all humans are in the process of becoming.
Posted By: Starman Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/11/19
The homeland Vikings were comprised of small or 'petty' autonomous kings, who would raid other homeland kings ,
even when such clans put differences aside to form large fleets of longships for mutual benefit ..so they could
go in great force to raid, trade and settle in distant and foreign lands , such kings would still act autonomously.

The allure of cHristianity [for Vikings leaders] was that it was seen as a way of uniting the clans like never before.

Christianity facilitated the ultimate agenda of wanting to consolidate power , by wielding control over the clans.

Leif Erikson was converted to christianity by king Olaf of Norway, and being made a member of the kings court,
was commissioned the task of evagelizing and spreading it.

Harald Hardrada [the son King Olaf], was a catholic, but was no less ruthlessly ambitious, blood thirsty and barbaric
than the pagan raider Vikings that came before him.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/11/19

All the cool kids are doing it. I love Thor. I dedicate most of my Friday and Saturday nights to Him.

And worship can mean so many things. To some it may mean viciously admonishing nonbelievers for their sins with or without the semi-frequent engagement in the same base activities behind closed doors. To others, it could be smugly laughing inside at the sight of a filthy sinner whilst choosing for his self which words of God to follow to the letter and which can be twisted into what's convenient or what feels good, as long as he is sorry afterwards. To me, it generally means getting piss drunk and staggering around my yard in my underwear, whilst shouting a lot about the virtues of raping and pillaging with a big hammer in my hand, and then vomiting a lot. Sometimes I puke and rally.

Magnificent! Should have ended it here.

https://youtu.be/AftOuwOuOYY

https://youtu.be/16ZF-9ZjPAU

https://catholicexchange.com/greatest-historical-miracle-youve-never-heard

https://youtu.be/YppLh9WP0bM

http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/isaiah.htm

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1129533.Evidence_That_Demands_a_Verdict

https://www.khouse.org/articles/2004/552/

https://jewsforjesus.org/answers/top-40-most-helpful-messianic-prophecies/

https://www.amazon.com/Privileged-Planet-Cosmos-Designed-Discovery/dp/0895260654

http://www.about-jesus.org/complete-chart-prophecies-jesus.htm

https://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Biblical-Prophecy-Scriptural-Predictions/dp/0801070511

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-...18&sr=8-1&keywords=+191329009116

https://youtu.be/pOqlAsjk0ck

https://youtu.be/AftOuwOuOYY

https://youtu.be/16ZF-9ZjPAU

https://catholicexchange.com/greatest-historical-miracle-youve-never-heard

You trout out a philosopher from The Discovery Institute and a 52 minute argument from ignorance as your evidence?

Stephen Fletcher, chemist at Loughborough University, responded in The Times Literary Supplement that Nagel was "promot[ing] the book to the rest of us using statements that are factually incorrect."[37] Fletcher explained "Natural selection is in fact a chemical process as well as a biological process, and it was operating for about half a billion years before the earliest cellular life forms appear in the fossil record."[37] In another publication, Fletcher wrote: "I am afraid that reality has overtaken Meyer's book and its flawed reasoning", pointing out scientific problems with Meyer's work by citing how RNA "survived and evolved into our own human protein-making factory, and continues to make our fingers and toes."[38]

Darrel Falk, former president of the BioLogos Foundation and a biology professor at Point Loma Nazarene University, reviewed the book, saying it illustrates why he does not support the intelligent design movement.[39] Falk is critical of Meyer's declaration of scientists being wrong, such as Michael Lynch about genetic drift, without Meyer having done any experiment or calculation to disprove Lynch's assertion. Falk writes, "the book is supposed to be a science book and the ID movement is purported to be primarily a scientific movement—not primarily a philosophical, religious, or even popular movement", but concludes "If the object of the book is to show that the Intelligent Design movement is a scientific movement, it has not succeeded. In fact, what it has succeeded in showing is that it is a popular movement grounded primarily in the hopes and dreams of those in philosophy, in religion, and especially those in the general public."[39]

How did the Discovery Institute do when attempting to push intelligent design against real scientist in a court of law?

That's right, they lost.

Trout out?
You believe our courts are interested in truth?
Try again.
DNA is information
. Technical specific design information in the form of complex code. All life deep dependss on it and no materialist (such as yourself) can account for this information by random accident.

In addition Falk is a confessed Christian who believes in theistic evolution. As an atheist you stand with him?
[quote =RW]https://catholicexchange.com/greatest-historical-miracle-youve-never-heard[/quote]
Theodoret wasn't born for another 60 years after the alleged events, Sozomen 40 years later, and Socrates Scholasticus finished his work 80 years after the fact.

Theodoret wasn't born for another 60 years after the alleged events, Sozomen 40 years later, and Socrates Scholasticus finished his work 80 years after the fact. [/quote]

WHY wasn't the temple rebuilt? You explain that because Julian declared them to do it.
Trout out?
You believe our courts are interested in truth?
Try again.
DNA is information
. Technical specific design information in the form of complex code. All life deep depends on it and no materialist (such as yourself) can account for this information by random accident.

In addition Falk is a confessed Christian who believes in theistic evolution. As an atheist you stand with him?

DNA is not a code. It's a chemical process. It's a copy paste process that makes the occasional error, and there are sorted according to their continued likely hood to be passed from generation to generation in a process Darwin called "evolution by natural selection".

As for DNA being a "code", I know many code writers, and in every instance the author of the code is way more complex than the code. If DNA is so complex it requires an intelligent designer, than by extension, the more complex creator would fall under those same conditions. To claim other wise would be a case of special pleading.

Theodoret wasn't born for another 60 years after the alleged events, Sozomen 40 years later, and Socrates Scholasticus finished his work 80 years after the fact.

WHY wasn't the temple rebuilt? You explain that because Julian declared them to do it.[/quote]

I'm not convinced any part of the fable is true.

Modern "historians" record that every bird in the entirety of North Korea sang at the exact moment of the birth of their "Dear Leader", and Vespasian allegedly performed two miraculous healings in Egypt. that doesn't mean the stories is believable.

The accounts of your alleged event were written two and three generations later, plenty of time for embellishment, and/or invention out of whole cloth.

As for why the alleged temple was not completed, do you think they could complete it in no more than 18 months?
According to your story, construction began in 362. Julian died on 26 June 363. The Galilee earthquake of 363 occurred in May, just a month before Julian's death. His successor, Jovian took the crown just a month after this earth quake, and reinstated Christianity upon his return from campaign from Persia that same year, burned the Library of Antioch, and subjected those who worshiped ancestral gods to the death penalty. He extended the same punishment on 23 December to participation in any pagan ceremony (even private ones).

No miracles required, just a natural even, and a change in funding priorities.
You all should have a drink of the Jim Jones KoolAid.

Jim Jones tossed the bible on the floor in front of his congregation and shouted in contempt,
Some of you love this book more than me...
Posted By: Terryk Re: Thor Odin and all that... - 04/11/19
DNA thing is really not so mystical. DNA is prone to mistakes, and basically small sections can have periodic typo errors. In human DNA there is 6 billion base pairs. 3 base pairs encode for a specific amino acid on the protein (polypeptide) chain. Amino acids come in two basic groups, water fearing, and water liking. So when assembled in a chain, the protein chain forms a 3D configuration due to the stress interaction from the hydrophobic and hydrophilic amino acids.
So all corn in a field has the same DNA except for one stalk. That unique stock took a hit from UV radiation from the sun during growth. So it's DNA is changed from the rest of the corn in the field.
So for example, lets say the DNA change deals with stock diameter. So the seeds from these couple of ears will be different the next planting. This random sun induced mistake will carried on to the seeds.
Next year the corn field sees a wind storm, and the only stocks that survive are the thicker ones. So the mutation survives, and becomes the new standard. Just as likely there was a small stock version, and it gets wiped out with the standard diameter stocks.
DNA is not planned, it is trial and error. Mistakes can be good or bad. Bad mistakes, like albino deer get eaten by predators fast because albinos lake stealth. So that mistake gets removed.

The next thing to grasp is millions and millions of years of trial and error with millions and millions of experiments per day.

Hence Darwin.

DNA does not point to the need for an authoritarian church.

Jim Jones tossed the bible on the floor in front of his congregation and shouted in contempt,
Some of you love this book more than me...

He also served KoolAid.
© 24hourcampfire