R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
And bier!! Odin has bier in Vahalla!

In heaven there is no bier!

Or smoking, or drinking, or sex, or gambling, or eating whatever or as much as you want; you know, anything fun. Who the hell wants to spend eternity sitting on a cloud playing a harp???

Sounds like what the catholic church kinda wants from their members here on earth.

I am a "bad" catholic myself.

Last edited by renegade50; 04/08/19.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by huntinaz

Or smoking, or drinking, or sex, or gambling, or eating whatever or as much as you want; you know, anything fun. Who the hell wants to spend eternity sitting on a cloud playing a harp???

Damn. Well we can still jerk off to all the naked chicks right? All the girls WILL be naked... won't they?

That's already taboo here, so it would be a huge no-no in Heaven. Every inch of skin, from neck to feet, will be covered.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by Terryk
What is your point, I don't get the futility point.

Christianity is credible.
Odin is not.

Odin promised to rid the world of frost giants..........when’s the last time you saw one?

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntinaz

Damn. Well we can still jerk off to all the naked chicks right? All the girls WILL be naked... won't they?

That's already taboo here, so it would be a huge no-no in Heaven. Every inch of skin, from neck to feet, will be covered.

Man. So depressing. Maybe I should drink less and start eating better.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Or, jackoff as much as you can while you still have time

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9
What is your point, I don't get the futility point.

Christianity is credible.
Odin is not.

Odin promised to rid the world of frost giants..........when’s the last time you saw one?

Following through with promises. Bier in Heaven. What's this glorious religion called again? Can I join even if I'm not a Norseman? I bet I have at least some Norse DNA in me, what with all the raping and pillaging they used to do to Europe. Not that I believe in DNA.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Or, jackoff as much as you can while you still have time

AND. And jack off as much as I can while I still have time wink

Gonna gamble more too.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
With Odin the Norse ruled quite a bit of the known world. With Jesus it all went down hill.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Reply to MM.

And since the time of Abraham has kept thousands, and tens of thousands, and even millions of priests, pastors, and ministers fat, happy and often well laid.

Huss cried out against those specific corruptions as well as many other Reformers

Jan Huss I guess your saying Prague 1420's. 90% of Czechs are atheist today. But it made Jan Zizka famous for warfare/tactics against the knights.
One of many crusades against non-muslims. Pope(s) like to kill other Christians too. And especially eradicate Slavic Pagans.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my distant cousin recently spoke with some descendents of the wotan worshippers.

the high german, and the middle german are probably two different dialects?

anyways, in northern europe a lot of folks got sacrificed in god's name.

jews, pagans and others have to be dealt with. it's std isue.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50

Basically the KJV bible another example of people in a position of power and influence being able to cut, copy, and paste the bible
for their needs or mark on it thruout history.

What I find funny is those who think and beleive it is all gods exact wording VERBATIM no matter what version of the Christian bible
or branch of christianity they beleive in.

People need ta educate themselves just a little in how bibles have been modified by MAN over 1000,s of years I venture to say....

Many struggle with just the English language and then with a myriad of English versions of Bible (approx 56) ...
what chance do they ever have of understanding what was lost in translation from Hebrew and Greek to English....?

Originally Posted by reivertom

.. The ironic thing is, even the Vikings dumped Odin for Christianity centuries ago, and that's why it died in the first place. ...

the norsemen when establishing their distant trading routes found that Christians would refuse to do business/trade with such Pagans.

So the savvy Norse pretended to be christians in order to be able to conduct business, but still largely continued on with their Paganism.
(sort of like wearing a suite in court, keeping up sham appearances when appropriate is the smart thing to do... grin )

any ways ,...the easily impressionable dumbazz Christians bought it... wink

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
With Odin the Norse ruled quite a bit of the known world. With Jesus it all went down hill.

There is that to consider

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people should be visited by Darwin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Is somebody on the campfire seriously worshipping Thor?

Many a campfire christian given the choice, would rather Thors hammer than carry Jesus's cross or a basket of fish.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Is somebody on the campfire seriously worshipping Thor?

All the cool kids are doing it. I love Thor. I dedicate most of my Friday and Saturday nights to Him.

And worship can mean so many things. To some it may mean viciously admonishing nonbelievers for their sins with or without the semi-frequent engagement in the same base activities behind closed doors. To others, it could be smugly laughing inside at the sight of a filthy sinner whilst choosing for his self which words of God to follow to the letter and which can be twisted into what's convenient or what feels good, as long as he is sorry afterwards. To me, it generally means getting piss drunk and staggering around my yard in my underwear, whilst shouting a lot about the virtues of raping and pillaging with a big hammer in my hand, and then vomiting a lot. Sometimes I puke and rally.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Reply to MM.

And since the time of Abraham has kept thousands, and tens of thousands, and even millions of priests, pastors, and ministers fat, happy and often well laid.

Huss cried out against those specific corruptions as well as many other Reformers

Jan Huss I guess your saying Prague 1420's. 90% of Czechs are atheist today. But it made Jan Zizka famous for warfare/tactics against the knights.
One of many crusades against non-muslims. Pope(s) like to kill other Christians too. And especially eradicate Slavic Pagans.

The history of the Albigensian Crusade makes for some interesting reading as well. Basically the Catholics exterminated them for being more Christian than the Catholics.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

“Religion is a totalitarian belief. It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life, before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead.

A celestial North Korea. Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung. It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved. But at least you can f#cking die and leave North Korea!”

Christopher Hitchens

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Sorry but I gotta say there were a lot of Catholics involved in running the muslims outta Europe the last time.

I'll agree that Christianity is preferable of the two, but IMHO religion and the belief there is a god that's gonna give us everlasting life is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind....

Not all religions are equal. In terms of their effects upon the well being of their followers, the worst tend to be the Shamanistic religions. Of the major religions the worst is Islam, and the best is Judaism, but the this still falls short of the well being experienced by Atheist.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
you either believe in mind before matter or
matter before mind.

The question of who owns the stairway to heaven is a different topic.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Led Zeppelin

I am MAGA.
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,561
Posts18,531,616
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.