Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Terryk
They make movies about Thor.

When's the last time you saw a good flick about God?

They make movies about Thor.

When's the last time you saw a good flick about God?

Charleston Heston did some good flicks.

You worship Moses?

Heston did Ben Hur too, it was a Jesus movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Hur_(1959_film)

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
And bier!! Odin has bier in Vahalla!

In heaven there is no bier!

As evil a statement as any polka band in the 20th century has ever made. Pure evil. Blasphemy.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by IZH27

I have not the reference handy, but it is in his published works. When asked for scripture to show their doctrine Wesley took his stand on Eph 3, to know the love of Christ that passes knowledge and be filled with all the fullness of God... nothing more nor less than this.

The straw man is known as...
Instantaneous sinless perfection
This I reject

If you recall the comment by Wesley I’d like to read it. I’m not asking you to find it, if you happen to recall.

Do you accept his view of achieving perfection throughout life?
Do you come at this from a Methodist or Wesleyan Holiness perspective?

I believe that God will answer the prayer he inspired, so yes...
I am not Methodist in the modern sense because they are mostly apostate.
I actually lean more to A B Simpson on Holiness distinctives

So a mid 1800’s Holiness Movement perspective.
I’m interested to understand how you measure personal holiness and righteousness as you progress in years. Is there a standard by which you gauge your progress? When you speak of faith do you see faith as an effort on your part which must grow from within you based on your devotion, intensity and power?

Last edited by IZH27; 04/08/19.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Gus
from the peanut gallery i'll throw out low key kudo's to mr. john calvin. he's seldom heard much about here in the postmodern era. but i particularly like his concept that god will save whomever he so chooses. that's his sovereign right. not much airtime on that in this day and age.

as far as the odin supporters converting, it happened the same way a ton of jews converted to catholacism. with the demand to convert or meet god right now.

the same concept is being projected by certain sects of islam, particularly in africa. it's amazing the success of a conversion experience when offered such a sweet deal.

A shout out for Mr Calvin! That is indeed a rare thing in this day and time unless the comment is derisive and made by a person who has never read two consecutive lines of information that the man wrote down.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/08/19.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Or smoking, or drinking, or sex, or gambling, or eating whatever or as much as you want; you know, anything fun. Who the hell wants to spend eternity sitting on a cloud playing a harp???

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Or smoking, or drinking, or sex, or gambling, or eating whatever or as much as you want; you know, anything fun. Who the hell wants to spend eternity sitting on a cloud playing a harp???

Bacon, is there bacon?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Bacon, is there bacon?

Bacon is highly enjoyable, so no. Not allowed.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Bacon, is there bacon?

Bacon is highly enjoyable, so no. Not allowed.

Even evil polka bands never suggested that level of cruelty.

Pagans do not have such vile thoughts.

So now I can conclude pagans don't polka. Except maybe the "she is too fat for me polka", everyone likes that one.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sorry but I gotta say there were a lot of Catholics involved in running the muslims outta Europe the last time.

I'll agree that Christianity is preferable of the two, but IMHO religion and the belief there is a god that's gonna give us everlasting life is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on mankind....

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

I have not the reference handy, but it is in his published works. When asked for scripture to show their doctrine Wesley took his stand on Eph 3, to know the love of Christ that passes knowledge and be filled with all the fullness of God... nothing more nor less than this.

The straw man is known as...
Instantaneous sinless perfection
This I reject

If you recall the comment by Wesley I’d like to read it. I’m not asking you to find it, if you happen to recall.

Do you accept his view of achieving perfection throughout life?
Do you come at this from a Methodist or Wesleyan Holiness perspective?

I believe that God will answer the prayer he inspired, so yes...
I am not Methodist in the modern sense because they are mostly apostate.
I actually lean more to A B Simpson on Holiness distinctives

So a mid 1800’s Holiness Movement perspective.
I’m interested to understand how you measure personal holiness and righteousness as you progress in years. Is there a standard by which you gauge your progress? When you speak of faith do you see faith as an effort on your part which must grow from within you based on your devotion, intensity and power?

A lot could be said...

Grace alone in Justification
The way you begin is the way you continue, Grace alone and faith alone
Faith is a gift and miracle of Grace and yet man's will is enabled by Grace to consent
I come very close to Calvinist monergism in regeneration, and very little discord with Calvinists on Sanctification.
Charles Finney I reject

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Gus
from the peanut gallery i'll throw out low key kudo's to mr. john calvin. he's seldom heard much about here in the postmodern era. but i particularly like his concept that god will save whomever he so chooses. that's his sovereign right. not much airtime on that in this day and age.

as far as the odin supporters converting, it happened the same way a ton of jews converted to catholacism. with the demand to convert or meet god right now.

the same concept is being projected by certain sects of islam, particularly in africa. it's amazing the success of a conversion experience when offered such a sweet deal.

Calvin's Institutes, one of top ten most influential books ever written.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Reply to MM.

And since the time of Abraham has kept thousands, and tens of thousands, and even millions of priests, pastors, and ministers fat, happy and often well laid.

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 04/08/19.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Reply to MM.

And since the time of Abraham has kept thousands, and tens of thousands, and even millions of priests, pastors, and ministers fat, happy and often well laid.

Huss cried out against those specific corruptions as well as many other Reformers

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Our nation is dying???

The Mongols slaughtered 15 million Persians out in the countryside back in the day.

In damn short order.

What the fugg is so terrible about today????

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is impossible that a nation of infidels or idolaters should be a nation of freemen. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains. A vitiated state of morals, a corrupted public conscience, is incompatible with freedom. No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue; and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles.”

Patrick Henry

We are headed to a bad place.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Damn. Well we can still jerk off to all the naked chicks right? All the girls WILL be naked... won't they?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
now that the various Pagan god's have reached the pages of the august campfire site,

one might be amiss to not mention the name of the Mighty Wotan.

Christians, Pagans, and heathens, heard about them all.

not to raise the bristles on the back of the necks of certain groups,

but it's curious why tons of christian missionaries aren't flooding into africa, etc.

i know it might mean instant death, and of course instant delivery to heaven.

but they seem to be holding back? choosing safe churches to pastor, maybe?

maybe their intent is to allow the islamic variation of religion to run it's course, and expire?

meanwhile, they'll remain safely behind the lines, until the fire is extinguished?

i don't know. i'm just speculatin'

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

A lot could be said...

Grace alone in Justification
The way you begin is the way you continue, Grace alone and faith alone
Faith is a gift and miracle of Grace and yet man's will is enabled by Grace to consent
I come very close to Calvinist monergism in regeneration, and very little discord with Calvinists on Sanctification.
Charles Finney I reject

Interesting contrast. This is probably not the appropriate place but I’d like to hear how you got from where you were to where you are. To hit at a point on faith. Gift first foremost and always?

Paul’s doctrine of imputation?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Gus
now that the various Pagan god's have reached the pages of the august campfire site,

but it's curious why tons of christian missionaries aren't flooding into africa, etc.

maybe their intent is to allow the islamic variation of religion to run it's course, and expire?

meanwhile, they'll remain safely behind the lines, until the fire is extinguished?

The last that I heard is that there is a return to the Gospel in Africa that is intrinsic and originating from native pastors. Not the word of faith malarkey that has been taken there. More of a Reformation view.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

The last that I heard is that there is a return to the Gospel in Africa that is intrinsic and originating from native pastors. Not the word of faith malarkey that has been taken there. More of a Reformation view.

i too have heard that. and one, it gets the foreign missionaries off the hook, at least sort of.
but, then we have to question how effective is it? the islam peoples are expanding their geographic locations.

the weather changes, if any are having an effect. that is drought happens to the faithful & unfaithful alike?

i honestly don't even know what kind, type or sort of faith the chinese bring to the area, as they set up shop.

i suspect they'll have little willingness to deal with the islam people that want to cause trouble. they'll respond decisively.

maybe the age of christian evangelism has run it's course and is coming to a close?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think that Christian evangelism is changing. AS makes a good point about the various sects that exist. There is a lot of deviation from historic Christianity. I believe that much of what is seen in America does little to actively reflect historic Christianity. I’d say that the course is the same but there is a trend back toward a good traditional model of evangelism.

In Africa it seems to be very organic where native people are trained to lead the local church instead of creating a dependency on foreign missionaries. Teach a man to fish... This is also happening in Peru, is quite effective and reflects the pattern taught and exemplified by Paul.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1Longbow, 222ND, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 74 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,567
Posts18,531,820
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.