Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Protestant.
Because Protestants seek to place scripture first. Sole Scripture, Sola Fide, Sole Gratia.

The atheists on here have no clue what that means. It's a waste of time trying to explain it.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by IZH27
Do you adhere to Wesley’s doctrine of Christian perfection?

Int the context of Ephesians 3, Paul's prayer... yes.
But not the straw man

Well. I’m confused by your answer. Paul’s prayer has little or nothing to do with Wesley’s doctrine and you have not identified a Straw Man concerning his view. Will you elaborate?

I have not the reference handy, but it is in his published works. When asked for scripture to show their doctrine Wesley took his stand on Eph 3, to know the love of Christ that passes knowledge and be filled with all the fullness of God... nothing more nor less than this.

The straw man is known as...
Instantaneous sinless perfection
This I reject

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I love to read these threads, People arguing over whose made up story makes the most sense is just funny.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by rimfire
I love to read these threads, People arguing over whose made up story makes the most sense is just funny.

You really don't know any thing about American history do you?
Coming from pa?
That takes the cake.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Starman
.. as I u understand it in almost every case the Catholics were the violent aggressors in Europe,
especially in the Netherlands... the Spanish Fury...

The British 1689 BIll of Rights (apon which the Founding Fathers used to model the US Bill of Rights)
enshrined the lawful right to Protestants to have arms for self defence, but it excluded the Catholics .. grin

Q./ As a Christian with Faith and the Holy Spirit,
are you able to adhere to the commandments that Jesus issued?

#1 Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

#2 love thy neighbour as thyself....( including your enemies)

This is why I like Wesley so much, that was his big focus, that by Grace enabling the church would live and breathe Lving God supremely and then your neighbor.
The Salvation Army was a good example back in the late 1800s

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Atheism is not a religion. It is living life without God.

That article documents a rise in general sadness, misery and suicide with a decline in faith in our society.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Coming from pa?
That takes the cake.

You might be surprised what he knows and what you don't. wink

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Graciously I would assert...
There is a huge commonality among Protestant denominational statements of faith.
And Catholics killed Zwingli, not Luther.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I have not the reference handy, but it is in his published works. When asked for scripture to show their doctrine Wesley took his stand on Eph 3, to know the love of Christ that passes knowledge and be filled with all the fullness of God... nothing more nor less than this.

This I reject

If you recall the comment by Wesley I’d like to read it. I’m not asking you to find it, if you happen to recall.

Do you accept his view of achieving perfection throughout life?
Do you come at this from a Methodist or Wesleyan Holiness perspective?

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by K22

Coming from pa?
That takes the cake.

You might be surprised what he knows and what you don't. wink

Mocking Christians while living in Penn?
Ignorant

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
So, how have these “pagans” prevented you from exercising your religious freedoms?

Honest question.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They make movies about Thor.

When's the last time you saw a good flick about God?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
R.W. don't get upset, I don't care what story a person want's to believe. I have a right to find it funny just like you have a right to believe a made up story. What does being from Pa. have to do with it ?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Boy that John Denver guy sure could act.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

This I reject

If you recall the comment by Wesley I’d like to read it. I’m not asking you to find it, if you happen to recall.

Do you accept his view of achieving perfection throughout life?
Do you come at this from a Methodist or Wesleyan Holiness perspective?

I believe that God will answer the prayer he inspired, so yes...
I am not Methodist in the modern sense because they are mostly apostate.
I actually lean more to A B Simpson on Holiness distinctives

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny but I studied theology, and in that study I heard some pretty enlightening ideas.we looked at themes in the Bible.
One theme said the old testiment revolves around a church to guide people to god.
Things would work for a while, but then corruption would grow. Profit would point out corruption, no one would listen and collapse entailed.
After a while people would rally and refocus on god. But dependence on organized churchp would fall into corruption.

Now the New Testament. Jesus rejects organized religion and preaches individual responsibility. The church did not like that so he was crucified. But the message and spirit live without the organized church. So no corruption.

Fun stuff.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
R.W. don't get upset, I don't care what story a person want's to believe. I have a right to find it funny just like you have a right to believe a made up story. What does being from Pa. have to do with it ?

Not upset...

The whole history of Penn is wrapped up in the struggle for persecuted Christians to find some peace and justice in this fallen world. It's in the air you breath. In a sense you are mocking the founder of PA and all the Quakers, Amish, Mennonites, and Scotch Irish Presbyterians who settled it...

I would push back against your disdain.........
Graciously
😁

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Graciously I would assert...
There is a huge commonality among Protestant denominational statements of faith.
And Catholics killed Zwingli, not Luther.

I know that, but my point was that they started feuding amongst themselves.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Charleston Heston did some good flicks.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I would think, no, venture that mocking Danites, Asher, and Naphtali would be an ignorant move. Especially not knowing what transpired back in those times and now in our time. How many questions deep can you go into the Odin believers history? I hope you realize that there are many names for "God" of which God is not one of them since God is not a name.
Martin Luther did nothing to help Christian believers, but instead enslaved them more into the same book the catholic religion was teaching from. I'm quite sure Lucifer was well pleased with that move.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 204guy, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,548
Posts18,531,436
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.