OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
And bier!! Odin has bier in Vahalla!

In heaven there is no bier!

Or smoking, or drinking, or sex, or gambling, or eating whatever or as much as you want; you know, anything fun. Who the hell wants to spend eternity sitting on a cloud playing a harp???

“Religion is a totalitarian belief. It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life, before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead.

A celestial North Korea. Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung. It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved. But at least you can f#cking die and leave North Korea!”

Christopher Hitchens

You drink from the well of that man?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Hitchens took no prisoners.

He could make you look into a mirror.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

I'll grant you this, he did write a tremendous article on prisons in the US..
But good gravy, that quote above was breathed by marx and satan himself.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Hitchens questioned everything including religion. Don't blame that on Satan.

"My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Christopher Hitchens:
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.
To terrify children with the image of hell... to consider women an inferior creation. Is that good for the world?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No one could turn a phrase like him.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Robert_White

No, it wasn't. It's also a commentary against totalitarianism.

If you can't handle Hitchens, here's a quote from a more moderate Atheist, Richard Dawkins:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction:
jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus is Lord.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[.... Richard Dawkins:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction:
jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic,
racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

The old man knew his tired old marketing approach had to change, he sent his son cause of the simple fact
you get more bees with honey than with lemons.

Folks best take heed that sweet hippie Jesus might get them a room in Gods house, but they will be under the tyrannical Fathers rules.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Christopher Hitchens vs. Bill Donohue debate, Union League Club in New York City (March 23, 2000)
• I don't have to begin, as I would have if I were speaking for the Church, with any apologies. We don't have a lot to apologize for. It wasn't we who framed Galileo, it wasn't we who said that God wanted the Crusades, it wasn't we who mounted the Inquisition, it wasn't we who sponsored Pavoloch, Salazar, Mussolini, Dollfuss, Hitler, Vichy, Franco, and the rest of it;

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

“Let's say that the consensus is that our species, being the higher primates, Homo Sapiens, has been on the planet for at least 100,000 years, maybe more. Francis Collins says maybe 100,000. Richard Dawkins thinks maybe a quarter-of-a-million. I'll take 100,000. In order to be a Christian, you have to believe that for 98,000 years, our species suffered and died, most of its children dying in childbirth, most other people having a life expectancy of about 25 years, dying of their teeth. Famine, struggle, bitterness, war, suffering, misery, all of that for 98,000 years.

Heaven watches this with complete indifference. And then 2000 years ago, thinks 'That's enough of that. It's time to intervene,' and the best way to do this would be by condemning someone to a human sacrifice somewhere in the less literate parts of the Middle East. Don't lets appeal to the Chinese, for example, where people can read and study evidence and have a civilization. Let's go to the desert and have another revelation there. This is nonsense. It can't be believed by a thinking person.

Why am I glad this is the case? To get to the point of the wrongness of Christianity, because I think the teachings of Christianity are immoral. The central one is the most immoral of all, and that is the one of vicarious redemption. You can throw your sins onto somebody else, vulgarly known as scapegoating. In fact, originating as scapegoating in the same area, the same desert. I can pay your debt if I love you. I can serve your term in prison if I love you very much. I can volunteer to do that. I can't take your sins away, because I can't abolish your responsibility, and I shouldn't offer to do so. Your responsibility has to stay with you. There's no vicarious redemption. There very probably, in fact, is no redemption at all. It's just a part of wish-thinking, and I don't think wish-thinking is good for people either.

It even manages to pollute the central question, the word I just employed, the most important word of all: the word love, by making love compulsory, by saying you MUST love. You must love your neighbour as yourself, something you can't actually do. You'll always fall short, so you can always be found guilty. By saying you must love someone who you also must fear. That's to say a supreme being, an eternal father, someone of whom you must be afraid, but you must love him, too. If you fail in this duty, you're again a wretched sinner. This is not mentally or morally or intellectually healthy.

And that brings me to the final objection - I'll condense it, Dr. Orlafsky - which is, this is a totalitarian system. If there was a God who could do these things and demand these things of us, and he was eternal and unchanging, we'd be living under a dictatorship from which there is no appeal, and one that can never change and one that knows our thoughts and can convict us of thought crime, and condemn us to eternal punishment for actions that we are condemned in advance to be taking. All this in the round, and I could say more, it's an excellent thing that we have absolutely no reason to believe any of it to be true.”
― Christopher Hitchens

Or,
For those who prefer video:

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like my bacon crispy.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I like my bacon crispy.

The only post worth a eighth of a [bleep] in this thread.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like my bacon crispy.

Yeah, who wants limp bacon.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Antelope

Can't you see how you and Hitchens are self contradictory?
North Korea is run by YOUR kind... Atheists. It is a hell hole of hate and injustice, along with all nations that have been run by atheists.

All the primary first tier nations that most 3rd worlders are beating down the doors to get in to have a long deep history of Protestant Christian culture.

You yourself are enjoying to some extent the benefits of a nation largely influenced by the wisdom of the great good Protestant John Locke.

Famous atheistic nations by contrast are absolute devil's hells. Maoist China, Lenin, Stalin and all the nation's whom embraced Marx.

Marx railed against God just like Hitchens.

Hitchens took out time from his busy day of God-hating to write screeds against Mother Teresa.
Brother... you live in a dark world.

Take time to visit a black mount Zion Baptist missionary fire baptized holiness revival some day when they have a big choir singing Oh Happy Day.

Can I get a witness?

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I like my bacon crispy.

Me too

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Joy unspeakable...
Auntie getting happy
Going up yonder

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKQGqoLWGI4

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I watched the bacon vid!
Ha!
Now I want bacon.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,564
Posts18,531,718
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.