Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
if you're trying to cut your losses let me know what you want for it.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
looks like a fine hunting rifle, let me know asking price

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm still contemplating what I want to do with the gun. I may try a touch-up pen but I have my doubts that it will blend well.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bill_N
I'm still contemplating what I want to do with the gun. I may try a touch-up pen but I have my doubts that it will blend well.

Try Oxpho Blue , I bet it works. I saw a 270 84L on Saturday, LNIB for 749 and i have not been able to stop thinking about it and I have way too many rifles as it is even after downsizing grin

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
After reading the post I can't blame you for being unhappy. Not as described. To bad.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wanted to let others know about this deal. I haven't seen this kind of cutthroat mentality before on the Fire.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
OK, Time to defend myself. I can assure everyone those marks were not on that rifle when it left here. I supplied good pics and offered to send additional pics if requested. It was sent to a FFL gunshop as the receiving agent. Was it opened by them and mishandled (?) It was packaged well. I have a stellar reputation for honesty and accurate descriptions as a seller. There are members on this forum that can verify that fact. I also use gunbroker and with over 175 transactions I have an A+ rating. Something is fishy. That rifle did not have those imperfections when It was packaged by me for shipment. Sorry Bill, however I can say with 110% confidence those imperfections were not there when I listed and shipped that rifle.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I just looked at my pics and pics displayed with the add. Those imperfections would have shown if they existed at the time of the pics being taken just before I made the listing. I would guess by the looks of the pics Bill presented that the rifle was dropped(?) or rubbed against whatever after it was opened from shipment.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I agree - SOMETHING IS FISHY. The box had been opened when I picked it up as is required by the ATF to check the gun in. The bolt had been removed and was in the box with the rifle unwrapped. If that's how you packed it it's on you. Something made the marks before I got it and I've done business with this shop for over 15 years and never had a problem.

Was the rub on the bolt when you packed it? It looks like the bolt may have rattled around inside the box and caused the damage to me.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
1 more comment as I'm pissed off. These pics posted by Bill in this reply are the first time I had a chance to see any pics of that rifle and the damage he reported. I think it would have been a better move for him to send me those pics first so I could see and have a first hand knowledge of the situation to respond before he displayed them here. Very cheap shot to stab in the back and portray me as a bad player on a public forum. Not that you will, but Bill never respond to a listing I may have as I will not deal with you again!

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Horseshit! When I PM'd you after I picked up the gun I described the issues I found and you didn't seem to care. See below -

Steve, I picked up the rifle today and am disappointed in the condition. There are several rubs through the bluing on the bolt side of the barrel near the forend and maybe a dozen marks in the wood. Nothing significant but they're there. I was expecting a near mint condition rifle based on your description with maybe a couple of marks.

Got to the shop late today and just got home a few hours ago to see you removed yourself from the conversation.

Bill

Sorry, I guess you're a bit more critical looking than what I saw. It is a used rifle with expected handling marks. Nothing I saw that was unusual. Mint condition is only from a NIB firearm.

Seriously? I guess I should've asked for close-up pics like someone else did but went with your description which is somewhat embellished. I don't own any rifles with rubbed through bluing that I would describe like this.

To be clear I'd like to return the rifle. I had to drive home and read the ad to see if I was mistaken.

Feel free to call if you want to discuss (860)xxx-xxxx6

Sorry for the misinterpretation. Shot very little means " Bright shiny, crisp bore, bolt face etc.". It's a beautiful "used" rifle that you got a great deal in purchasing.
Enjoy your rifle

Last edited by Bill_N; 04/10/19.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I will call the shop when they open to see what they found when they opened the box.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I spoke with the person that opened the box and checked the gun in. She said the gun was wrapped in bubble wrap but the bolt was not. As I said, if the marks weren't there when you shipped it, it seems like the bolt could've caused the damage during shipping.

I would rather have had this discussion by PM. If you put yourself in my position I hope you can understand why I'm annoyed. I would still like to return the rifle. In fact, I'll cover the cost of shipping both ways so you can reduce the refund by whatever your shipping costs were when you sent it to me. Please let me know.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The seller has got to wrap the bolt and accessories like a scope up really well or they WILL rub on something. Everything needs to be tight in the box, no wiggle room!

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
The bolt was well wrapped encased in cardboard with shipping tape. I was ignoring you and I did not "not care" as you described. I got tired of receiving accusations which I knew were false. Hence, I ended the conversation. I will take the rifle back as per you reimbursing me the original shipping which I covered.It was right around $46 dollars not the mention the special 40 mile round trip I made to the UPS terminal to meet the time frame you wanted it shipped. With that cost of shipping I covered , I got about $775 for that rifle. I gave a Hellva a deal. So yes, send it back on your dime and I will refund the purchase price minus the original shipping. Actually, even with those pretty easily repairable scratches you should be able to list that firearm back on the Classifieds and not take a lost. Someone would get a dandy hunting rifle at what I'm sure would be a great deal. If I get it back I'll touch it up myself or have my smith do it and resell. I understand your discontent now that I had an opportunity to see what happened via your pics. However, I still believe the way you handled the situation was improper. The imperfections are relatively minor and any new owner will have a great rifle. and if used as hunting rifle it will acquire more imperfections as those who use a rifle for that purpose experience. PM me and we can make the arrangements for return.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks for the reply. I'll send you a PM shortly

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
To follow up on this, Steve called me last week and after our discussion I agree that the damage to the gun did happen after he shipped it. I've never had a problem with this dealer in the past but all signs point to this happening while it was in their possession. That being said we're both very particular when it comes to our guns so it's not too surprising that there was some friction here. He's sending me a refund as we discussed and I consider the matter closed.

I apologize to Steve for how this came out on the forum. I'm glad we were able to work it out.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (406_SBC, 14idaho, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 13 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.