Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Damn! If I ever get insane enough to want to kill a mangie Buff, I'm taking a track mounted Ma Deuce! Sorry, but I'm one of those guys and honest enough to tell you, that if the animals could shoot back I wouldn't go hunting them. OK, yeah I know, every libtard Bunny Hugger this side of Mars will bash me for saying that. But I don't hunt for those reasons.

I hunt because I like to eat wild game and I know that hunting is the most humane and ethical way to kill off the excess of animals to prevent over population which leads to disease, starvation, and a horrible mass kill of animals. Oh yeah, and I do enjoy hunting. But if I had to duck and hide to keep from getting shot I wouldn't enjoy it. Hunting is a conservation art form..

Anyway, with all that BS said, for several reasons, these included, Killing stuff like Cape Buffalo isn't my cup of tea. Elephant either, even though I don't resent those that do and support you in doing it, and even love to read about their exploits. I've read my share of the exploits of Karamojo Bell and others. But as for me getting pleasure out of pulling the trigger on one, naw man, not for me. Now African Plain's Game, oh boy, where do I sign?

Last edited by Filaman; 04/22/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
A backup is only prudent. No safety net is not smart and doesn't make you a hero. If you meet your demise being stupid then it hurts others. As for me I just mark it up to Darwinism.

Last edited by Filaman; 04/22/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Maybe I read the OP's post wrong but as I understand it, Bossie was injured tracking a buff that someone had wounded with an arrow. In a second incident, the OP killed a buff with a rifle but wounded a second buff, which Bossie tracked down without incident.

Why did you shoot the second buff?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Indy----You got it correct. Bossie was tracking an arrow wounded buff on a different hunt than mine. To answer your question on why I shot the 2nd buff. They were coming into the clearing about 45 yards away, quartering to us. Bossie says shoot the 1st bull as he's coming out of the bush. I put the crosshairs just inside of his shoulder & squeeze. The 375 Ruger goes off & as I'm coming back down from the recoil, I'm on a bull. I never heard "You got him" or "Good Shot" or "He's dead". So I line the crosshairs on the shoulder & let the 2nd shot go. Bossie then says "There he is" as the 1st bull falls down. Point off to the right. But I'm looking to the left fallowing the 2nd bull.

When I shot the 1st bull, the bullet knocked him back on his haunches. The 2nd bull then passes him & I come back down on a running bull. I've always been told "Don't admire your shooting, Keep shooting till it's down"

Chit happens-----just had to juggle around some money to cover the trophy fee.
I was recounting my hunt just to show that Bossie is a Man's man IMO. I got to see the real man at his worst time in his life----losing his wife.

Make sense? Bob

Last edited by colorado bob; 05/10/19.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
FYI---Bossie is home now & on the mend. Things are looking up. He's going to keep his leg & with PT it may come back to near normal.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (2500HD, 6mmCreedmoor, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 13 invisible), 1,568 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.