Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm embarrassed to say that I simply cannot figure out how to copy a pdf file onto a flash drive. Tried everything I could find to no avail. To me, Windows 10 really blows. XP was so much more intuitive. Can anyone help? Thanks.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You are far from alone. Its the most usless program ever. And every time it "updates" itself you will be more pissed off, I hope Bill Gates dies of leproicy!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Windows 10 sucks ass

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I click on file and drag it to the usb drive and let button go.

pal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
I click on file and drag it to the usb drive and let button go.

Where are you finding this USB drive?

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
flash drive is the usb drive. use explorer to list files and computer disc drives. click on file and drag to the flash drive then let go of the file. this should copy it to the flash drive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Copy paste, then format the drive and install Ubuntu.

Ps. Copy and paste all the files you want to keep before formatting. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jimy
You are far from alone. Its the most usless program ever. And every time it "updates" itself you will be more pissed off, I hope Bill Gates dies of leproicy!

I will never have W-10 on any PC.. Eff that crap.. W-8 is on my tablet and I use that infrequently.. Everything else has W-7 on it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You can open file explorer, then click and drag. Or right click on the file and then click on "Move to..." which does the same thing. Neither of those changed from Win 7 to 10, afaik.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Buy a Mac and never look back

pal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Thanks for that. I didn't have the "this PC" shortcut on my desktop, so accidentally had it appear while f'ing around with the list of documents. And even then couldn't find "flash drive" until I actually plugged in a memory stick; then it ID'd it as "Kingston (something or other)".

What a POS this OS is! XP seemed relatively intuitive. Maybe it's just me.

Thanks to everyone who offered help. I believe I actually have the file on the flash drive now. Pathetic, I know.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BooBear
Buy a Mac and never look back

smile

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm using Windows 7 on my desktop but my wife has Win. 10 on her laptop and hates it. I've played around with it and do not like it at all. I'll keep Win. 7 as long as I can. Thanks for that info on Win. 10.

L.w.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dunno. I've been using 10 now since it came out and am as comfortable with it as I was with 7. I DID, however, immediately disable Cortana, never use Bing, and only accidentally used One Drive cloud storage (which I distrust).

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I bought a new computer last month with Win10. That cussed Onedrive is a real PIA. To start with, it isn't big enough for all of my photos unless I pay extra. It automatically uploaded all it could, then froze up. They say you can disable it but that didn't work. I ended up having to reinstall Win and start over. This time, I disabled Onedrive during the installation before I loaded the photos. Now, it keeps trying to get me to re-enable it. Why are they so anxious to get my stuff on their website? What do they do with it?

Now I'm having some problems with File Explorer. The default was to open to recently used files. That started hanging up and telling me that FE wasn't responding. I had to change it to open to My PC instead. So far it's working.

Another problem, although I think this is google, not Windows. It keeps trying to sync everything. My wife and I both have gmail accounts. It keeps pulling her account into my computer and defaulting to it through the modem. I have sync shut off but her account still shows up when I start gmail.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Are you using a Microsoft account sign in or a local administrator account sign in?
It makes a lot of difference. It especially stops unwanted syncing between email accounts and trying to get you to use onedrive.

Swifty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They allow only a small free amount on One Drive specifically so they can soak you to buy more space. And do NOT try to delete anything from One Drive! Because that automatically deletes it from your hard drive, too. And then it's gone forever! I learned that one the hard way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can disable OneDrive using the task manager in "Startup" so it won't run unless you open it.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Squidge
You can disable OneDrive using the task manager in "Startup" so it won't run unless you open it.

Correct, but it’s also easier than that with a local Admin.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...ive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0

Unlink OneDrive

Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive SyncClient with blue cloud and white cloud icons

Note: You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow The Show hidden icons button. next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon. If the icon doesn't appear in the notification area, OneDrive might not be running. Select Start, type OneDrive in the search box, and then select OneDrive in the search results.

Select More > Settings.

Screenshot of getting to OneDrive Settings

On the Account tab, click Unlink this PC and then Unlink account.

Hide or uninstall OneDrive

On some versions of Windows, you can also hide or uninstall OneDrive. You can also uninstall the OneDrive mobile app from Android and iOS devices.

Hide OneDrive
Uninstall OneDrive
The OneDrive app comes with Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 and cannot be uninstalled, but you can uninstall OneDrive from Windows 7, Windows Vista and some versions of Windows 10. OneDrive cannot be uninstalled from Windows 10 phones.

If it's uninstalled, your OneDrive folder will stop syncing, but any files or data you have in OneDrive will still be available when you sign in at OneDrive.com.

Windows 10

Select the Start button, type Programs in the search box, and then select Add or remove programs in the list of results.

Under Apps & features, find and select Microsoft OneDrive, and then select Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Last edited by Swifty52; 04/12/19.

Swifty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,804 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.