-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stock Ruger?? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] I suppose you're using Powerpoints as well [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Badger,<P>I'm using them 'Corelokts",they don't start dropping till you get past 500yds [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Mighty flat shooting for an ought-six [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img]

James
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey watch it I had a Mod 788 in .308 that shot those powerpoints pretty dang well at 100 yds....<P>I think I'll have to sneak your .270 away and use the barrel for a jack handle before we let you shoot the Poatal match!! Give the other guys a chance [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mike, I think with the likes of Stick, Littlebit, yourself, AA & others I am going to be rather embarrassed regarding my poor eyesight & even worse shooting abilities [img]images/icons/blush.gif" border="0[/img] I will be "competing" in the under 30 cal class only. Littlebit hasn't really got a class for mortars (458 Winnie) [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img] badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I shoot this match with my 500 AHR, and only shoot one round, will anybody know that it is not a 3 shot group for both under and over 30 caliber. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

Allen Glore

aglore@gci.net
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Badger & AlleninAlaska,<p>Rick Bin(Our Super Webmeister) has you big bore fellas in mind for the next Poatal Match.
There will be a Class Three for those cigar shaped rounds. It's all Top Secret and classified so naturally he wouldn't tell me much.Rabid and myself won't be running the next match,so someone will have to step up and offer to score the next Poatal Match. <p>Let's see,Three Traveling Poatal Match Cups floating around the shooting world... My goal is to have one of them on my mantle within the next few years. I may have to get a 500AHR or something [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

James
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just went out and shot 5 shots with the .280 W.U.L. at 100 yds. standing up, leaning on a post. Got 3 7/8" I know this isn't off-hand, but how do most of you do? Just want to compare my results with average.... good shootin, vbshootinrange.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hah!! Badger seems to have forgotten that last shooterslam when My rifles with the scopes crapping out were throwing "patterns" and his Sendero was shooting inch groups at 200 yds [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] No sandbagging this guy try that with the guys who haven't seen you shoot! What really scares me is you'll let the little miss compete against us with her .243 next match when I'm eligible!!<p>I'll let you shoot the eight pound .338 if you are afraid of your .458's recoil for such a precision match [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I still have your dies on my closet shelf waiting on you!!<p>Mike<p>Sandbaggers dad gum sandbaggers [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

NRA Endowment Member

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Littlebit, question about the target. is that a standard sheet of computer paper? also why no marking on the paper for aiming? tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pumpgun:
<strong>Littlebit, question about the target. is that a standard sheet of computer paper? also why no marking on the paper for aiming? tom</strong><hr></blockquote><p>
Tom,<p>Yes,a standard sheet of computer/printer paper.No markings allowed on the front. The reason is to try to simulate hunting conditions as much as possible. There is no bullseye on a deer.You just have to visualize an aiming point. Should add to the challenge. Good Luck...

James
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just bringing this to the top,to remind everybody to get those targets coming in the mail. <p>Merry Christmas and good shooting...

James
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Computer paper? Landscape or letter? no savvy.Kin I use a feed sack?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
don't worry about no marks on the paper. just set up a piece of computer paper but a bullseye under it and adjust the scope to hit in the middle of the paper while aiming at the bullseye. once you got it centered from your bullseye to hit in the middle of the paper from your machine rest you should be ready to go.<p>I just started reading this board again. how much time is left to send in the targets?

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just bringing this back to the top to remind everyone to get those targets in the mail. I would hate to dust all you boys without fair warning [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

James
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by littlebit:
<strong>OK, Here goes the final rules for the 24hr Campfire Poatal Match:<p>There will be Two classes;<p>#1- 30 cal and under,centerfire only<p>#2- Over 30 cal.centerfire only<p>There are three stages to this match;<p>Stage One, Three shots Standing offhand at 50 yds- No slings<p>Stage Two, Three shots Standing offhand at 100yds-No slings<p>Stage Three, Three shots Sitting position at 250yds. You can use slings,shooting sticks or Bipod. No Tripods,sand bags or rear rest of anykind.<p>Targets will be standard printer paper for your Computer. No markings will be allowed on the front of the target. The score will be measured from closest to center. Smallest group will not matter if it's not centered.<p>You will have five seconds(5)to shoot,per shot. Your witness will time you.You can take as long as you like between shots but must call when ready,with your rifle lowered.<p>No sighters allowed. You can shoot the match as many times as you like but you can not mix and match the targets. You shoot all three stages and those three targets must remain together. <p>Targets will be set up "Letter" style,not landscape style. On the back lower left of target,put your name/handle and witness name and what Class & Stage this target represents.<p>Please include your E-Mail address with the letter.All info will be held confidential.<p>Mail your three targets to;<p> RJH
PO Box 250
Lineville,Al.36266<p>Good luck to everyone! The deadline for receiving targets is Feb.15th.<p>This should give everybody plenty of time to shoot after all hunting seasons are out.<p>Get those targets coming...</strong><hr></blockquote>

James
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I printed it earlier,but forgot where I "hid" it!
<br>
<br>Bringing it back to the top,so others still interested,won't have to search for the rules...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me and badger and his badgerette and hopefully James(littlebit0 are going to try to shoot this Sat. if the ice man doesn't cometh.
<br>
<br>Possibly one of my non-posting buddies as well.
<br>
<br>Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,659
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.