Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sanlen, 1John 1:9 says plainly that if we confess our sin
(how can one confess and repent of that which he does not know) God will forgive us in Christ and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness( those are those sins we are not cognizant of .Jim

1Jn 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The trying of our 'works' by fire has nothing to do with sin or salvation.It is simply to separate those things we did( not sins) were have eternal value and are not wood, hay or stubble.

My prayer for you or any who have begun in Christ is that they will be there, accepted on that day.
What is unscriptural about such a prayer?Jim

Paul prayed for those believers in his day likewise, and note he included the entire Christian, body, mind and spirit:

1Th 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5:24 Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do [it].
Do you believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of grace of God?

Do you believe that in your faith that your old man(carnal man-flesh)was crucified with Christ?

You folks are dull of hearing.
Heb 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Hbr 5:13 For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Hbr 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Jim

I got just one real easy YES or NO question.

have you sinned since you were saved?

Bigbuck, In answer to your question I will tell you, tho I have no pleasure in recounting my sins...seeing as how our gracious Father, in the Name and by the blood of His son, my Savior, has chosen to forgive them all and forget them.

I was saved, received Jesus Christ as my Savior and confessed with my mouth that He was my Lord when I was 9 years old.Baptized in water by immersion...That was in the late 50's.

I went thru all the words and ordinances of the small church where my Grandparents worshipped and attended..with a good intent but didn't understand much as will be revealed..

During the next 15 years, I lied, deceived, lusted, cheated, stole,was drunken, dishonored my parents, hurt others in innumerable ways both physically and emotionally and killed without just cause.

Much of those sins I did because I did not understand what this salvation and the Life of Christ was about, nor did I understand what being crucified with Christ reckoning by faith or being born again was about.

I had the bible, and read it, but just didn't understand ( or choose to understand) these things.

Churches and preachers and evangelists and teachers didn't reach me.
Though in retrospect they were poorly equipped, I take all responsibilities for my failure as my own.

I have been near death too many times to recount..usually because I was doing the wrong things for the wrong reasons and OUTSIDE of the grace and protection of God and the Savior I had confessed when I was saved.

After seeing and experiencing all of this trauma to others and myself, I became aware most acutely that first and foremost it was my Lord Jesus whom I was hurting.

That was nearly a killer for me and I thought about killing myself.
I know what grieveing and quenching the Holy Spirit is about.

The Holy Spirit was ever calling me and pleading with me to return from my death trip in the wilderness, ..tho usually I didn't hear or recognize His still small voice.

Suicidal thoughts are the last step in satan's attempt to secure forever those whom he has tempted and brought back under his control as his servants AGAIN..
As I said earlier on this thread, satan doesn't have to do much to keep those he already owns, but is desperately trying to overthrow those whom Christ has saved initially before they get rooted and grounded and understand this new Life in Christ and spiritual warfare.

I was weary of failure..continued sin, hurting others and hurting Christ and dishonoring His Name.

I determined that with the Help of His Holy Spirit and the Word that I would not be a willing victim ever again, nor would I ever dishonor that worthy Name of Christ which I had spoken in my confession of faith long before.

Through a thorough reading of the Word and HEARING it daily
( I got the entire Bible on cassette tapes because my first wife had lost her eyesight from diabetes)
I began to get His Word written on my heart and mind..OVERWRITING all that I and sinful mankind has learned and believed and followed like programmed rats since satan caused man to be cast out of the garden for rebellion -sin against God.

I learned of what we are truly given by God's grace which is for the entire person in this life as well as for the next.
VICTORY.Victory ove sin's penalty AND more importantly, sin's POWER ..The old man(carnal man we all were once) could be reckoned dead and KEPT DEAD.

It is all of faith by His grace, but it must be heard, comprehended and received and put into practice even when we don't 'feel' that this can possibly work.

That is why God has ordained( HE ordains them) pastors, evangelists, prophets , teachers and the various other ministers in our Body of Christ...AND most importantly, given us His own Holy Spirit to indwell us , lead and guide us into all truth as it pertains to this new Life in Christ.

Our former lives , unrenewed mind, and the entire world screams that this is never gonna happen..
satan tells us sweetly that god forgives and once that born again confession is made, not to worry.
Lies twisting the truth of God and His Word which can lead to destruction and AGAIN serving satan.

But FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT SEEN..

So we believe by faith which has understanding, against all odds and experiences from our former lives and then, after believing and walking AS IF THESE THINGS ARE TRUE, REJECTING ANYTHING OR VOICE TO THE CONTRARY,
GOD brings the objects and goals of our right-faith to BE in reality.

I could go on...but enough preaching-testifying from me for now.
Hope that answers your question.Jim

L
L
Sanlen, that was an excellent reply to Jim. I can't add anything to that. Thanks.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
luvtoshoot..In your high fivin' of sanlen's post you either need to "refresh" this topic and your computer is slow, or you are dense concerning Christ and our life in Him.

I give you the benefit of the doubt...and still consider you a brother in Christ. Jim

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by the_shootist
What does a Christian lose when he sins?

1.) Fellowship with the Father. (1 John 1:7) -- which is restored by confession.
2.) The JOY of salvation. (Psalm 51:12) -- which is restored by repentance. (the rest of the Psalm)
3.) He suffers in the flesh for the sins of the flesh. (Gal 6:7, 8) -- which is NOT eternal banishment to the Lake of Fire.
4.) His good reputation. (Some call it his testimony.) which is restored by a return to living a right life.

In 1 John, the Lord says, "We KNOW that we have passed from death unto life . . . " The same book says that "whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

The part of me that His seed remains in --- the part that is born of God is my SOUL, and certainly NOT my FLESH. The part of me that CANNOT SIN, is my soul. That has been cut loose from my flesh by an "operation of God"(Col 2:11, 12), called circumcision. That operation takes place immediately upon a person receiving the atoning work of Christ for their salvation. The Spirit of God enters the believer, cuts his soul loose from his flesh and seals Himself on the inside. The body of the sins of the flesh is destroyed. Sins are no longer chargeable to the soul. They are chargeable to the flesh, and we reap in the flesh what we sow in the flesh.

No-one is suggesting (other than you - jokingly, I'm sure) that any born again child of God will go out and live like the devil. That is not MY point, and it is not the point of Sanlen or RickyD or fish280. 1 John 2:1-2 says, "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

Eternal life is "eternal." -- by definition.

Everlasting life lasts for ever. -- by definition.

But that field has been ploughed over and over and over and over . . . . . . . . probably by the horse that started this thread . . . . . and it really has turned into the . . . . .

Kentucky derby . . . . . . a race for three year olds. Sorry for my part in running around in a circle . . . . going nowhere . . . . . and acting more like a three year old jackass than a mature old war-horse. blush

quoteShootist:
Fellowship with the Father. (1 John 1:7) -- which is restored by confession.

SO, WHAT IF THEIR IS NO CONFESSION NOR ACKNOWLEGEMENT OF A MAN'S SIN REVEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, WORD OR THE BRETHREN?HE DIES IN THAT SIN?

IS THAT FELLOWSHIP INTACT, OR DOES THAT UNCONFESSED KNOWN SIN SEPARATE ANY BELIEVER FROM THE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD?CLUE:YES.

IF THERE IS NO FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD BECAUSE SOME SIN KNOWN IS NOT BROUGHT UNDER THE BLOOD AND BY THE NAME OF OUR INTERMEDIARY, CHRIST,WHAT WILL THAT 'ETERNAL' EXISTENCE BE LIKE?
CLUE: LAKE OF FIRE.ETERNAL DEATH.
2.) The JOY of salvation. (Psalm 51:12) -- which is restored by repentance. (the rest of the Psalm)
SO WHAT IF THEIR IS NP REPENTANCE, CHANGE OF HEART-DIRECTION?

which is NOT eternal banishment to the Lake of Fire.
4.) His good reputation. (Some call it his testimony.) which is restored by a return to living a right life.

SO AFTER RETURNING TO LIVING THE RIGHTEOUS LIFE THRU CHRIST, THERE IS NO LONGER ANY PENALTY FOR THAT SIN NOR EVEN A REMEMBRANCE OF IT BY GOD.
AGREED.

In 1 John, the Lord says, "We KNOW that we have passed from death unto life . . . " The same book says that "whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

ABSOLUTELY, THO FEW SEEM TO HAVE APPRORIATED THIS PART OF THE GOSPEL BY FAITH OR ARE LIVING IT BY FAITH...AND HAVE GONE BACK TO DEATH.

The part of me that His seed remains in --- the part that is born of God is my SOUL, and certainly NOT my FLESH. The part of me that CANNOT SIN, is my soul. That has been cut loose from my flesh by an "operation of God"(Col 2:11, 12), called circumcision. That operation takes place immediately upon a person receiving the atoning work of Christ for their salvation. The Spirit of God enters the believer, cuts his soul loose from his flesh and seals Himself on the inside. The body of the sins of the flesh is destroyed. Sins are no longer chargeable to the soul. They are chargeable to the flesh, and we reap in the flesh what we sow in the flesh.

BALONEY!
YOU DON'T YET UNDERSTAND THE POWER AND COMPLETENESS OF THIS REDEMPTION GIVEN US BY CHRIST BY THE GRACE OF GOD THE FATHER.

YOUR BODY IS NOW <OR SHOULD BE RECKONED BY FAITH>
THE TEMPLE OF GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT.THE FLES
(CARNAL MAN YOU ONCE WERE) IS DEAD-CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST.
YOU ARE RAISED IN NEWNESS OF LIFE IN CHRIST..IF YOU UNDERSTAND, BELIEVE AND HAVE FAITH THAT OVERCOMES ALL WHISPERINGS TO THE CONTRARY.SATAN IS A LIAR.

No-one is suggesting (other than you - jokingly, I'm sure) that any born again child of God will go out and live like the devil.

BUT IN YOUR TESTIMONY, YOU MAKE PROVISION FOR THE FLESH TO RESURRECT ITSELF AFTER THE CROSS AND DEATH IN CHRIST AND SO HELP SATAN CONVINCE OTHERS THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is not MY point, and it is not the point of Sanlen or RickyD or fish280. 1 John 2:1-2 says, "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

THAT'S PLAN A IN CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!I AGREE!!!!!!

HE HAS GIVEN US ALL THE ENABLEMENT WE NEED TO RECOGNIZE TEMPTATION, UNDERSTAND A HOLY GOD AND RESIST SIN, CRUCIFY THE OLD MAN WE WERE, AND SERVE CHRIST IN TRUTH.

And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

THAT'S PLAN B..IF, WHEN ANY BELIEVR FAILS TO APPROPRIATE THE POWER OF GOD IN CHRIST FOR THIS NEW LIFE.
WHAT GRACE!!!!!!!!!!WHAT HELP!!!!!!!!!THE WHOLE AROR OF GOD IS THE KEY!!!!!!!!

Eternal life is "eternal." -- by definition.

OUR HOPE IF WE ABIDE IN HIM, PERSERVERE, OVERCOME AND ARE FAITHFUL.IT IS A PROMISE.STUDY THE WORD.

Everlasting life lasts for ever. -- by definition.

YES, WHEN WE ATTAIN IT IN THE END BY CONTINUED FAITH, GROUNDED AND SETTLE IN THE WORD.

YOUR OWN SIGNATURE LINE SPEAKS OF THAT PRESSING FOR THAT PRIZE..AND THAT PRIZE IS ETERNAL LIFE.

BY FAITH AND KNOWLEGE ACCORDING TO THE PLAN AND WORD AND THIS ETERNAL LIFE WILL BE ONE DAY RECEIVED IN IT'S FINALITY.WE HAVE IT NOW BY FAITH..

But that field has been ploughed over and over and over and over . . . . . . . . probably by the horse that started this thread . . . . . and it really has turned into the . . . . .

WELL, IF BALAAM'S ASS COULD BE USED OF GOD WHEN HIS PROPHETS AND MINISTERS FAILED TO DO RIGHT, I GUESS I AM IN GOOD COMPANY..AND SO I SPEAK .Jim

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You just can't stand the fact that there are so many people who disagree with you.

We don't see eye to eye on this, and WON'T. You are also not seeing what we are saying. You disagree with us. That's fine. You don't have to agree, but I at least (and others as well) still believe you are wrong, and we've told you why. You're not going to change that.

No judgment here, just a disagreement in interpreting what we see in the Bible. Accept that, and please shut up about it.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No amount of scripture, or sound biblical reasoning seems to do any good, and I'm wasting time that could be spent more profitably on someone who will listen.

Bye-bye! smile

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon

I don't want to be tried by fire..I hope my name will be written in His Book of Life and confessed as worthy and faithful before God and all the heavenly hosts by Christ.
I'll settle for a janitorial job in eternity..but I want to be there..and same for you and all others who have begin in Christ and who have yet to make the decision of faith to start IN Christ.

Amen to that Jim. I am not concerned with the size of my dwelling place or the number and kind of rewards. I would take a small cloud outside the heavenly city if I could go in occasionally. And I know I'm not worthy of any of it.

Craig

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by the_shootist
No amount of scripture, or sound biblical reasoning seems to do any good, and I'm wasting time that could be spent more profitably on someone who will listen.

Bye-bye! smile

Keith, while I agree that in most of our conversations, no amount of scripture or sound biblical reasoning has done you much good, I have the infinite patience of Christ by His Holy Spirit and will bear with you..because you and I are brothers in Christ.Tho you seldom seem to consider me as your brother in Christ openly here..I openly have said that I consider you and others as my brothers in Christ.
I have also written-said here many times said that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.

I do listen to all that you or any other brother says here.
You have not said much tho...and usually back out when the Word and Holy Spirit prick you.
What does 'profitable' mean to you anyhow?
What about edifying?
What about our admonition to study the Word diligently so we are workmen in Christ who rightly divide( understand and appropriate) the Word of truth?

You haven't answered my latest questions concerning your body as the temple of the Holy Spirit etc.
Like Sanlen said to me:
I'm waiting...Verse 3 below sums up why I still post here..among those who profess Christ.Jim

Jud 1:2
Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Jud 1:3 � Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort [you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jud 1:5 � I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
and I am confident in Him that:

NB verse 12, tho all of this Word of God given us is profitable..
Profitable being that which edifies..for me and you and any who read and take it to heart by faith.

Your brother IN Christ, jim

Heb 4:6
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Hbr 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

Hbr 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hbr 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Hbr 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.

Hbr 4:11 � Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Hbr 4:12 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hbr 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things [are] naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Hbr 4:14 � Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast [our] profession.

Hbr 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

Hbr 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
here is one scripture which speaks of our hope of eternal life, which is maintained and sustained by vigilent and continued FAITH...ALL of which is given by God's grace to us..IF we will hear and receive and act on the promises.Jim.

Rom 5:11
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

and another:The Apostle Paul saw this great salvation as a hope, maintained and sustaine by faith..with growth and understanding.

Rom 8:24
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what [is] the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to [the will of] God.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

and again concerning the hope that we who have started will finish and attain eternal Life::

2 Cor 3:18

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2Cr 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation [be] glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2Cr 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2Cr 3:11 For if that which is done away [was] glorious, much more that which remaineth [is] glorious.

2Cr 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

Gal 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

and for the finale on this postingplease consider:

Eph 1:17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Eph 1:19 And what [is] the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places],

Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Eph 1:22 And hath put all [things] under his feet, and gave him [to be] the head over all [things] to the church,

Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sanlen
You just can't stand the fact that there are so many people who disagree with you.

We don't see eye to eye on this, and WON'T. You are also not seeing what we are saying. You disagree with us. That's fine. You don't have to agree, but I at least (and others as well) still believe you are wrong, and we've told you why. You're not going to change that.

No judgment here, just a disagreement in interpreting what we see in the Bible. Accept that, and please shut up about it.

You come across as blind.
Jesus gave sight to the blind...and still does, unless any man prefers to remain blind.Jim

Rom 3:4
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jim in Oregon
[quote=Bigbuck215]Jim

I got just one real easy YES or NO question.

have you sinned since you were saved?

satan tells us sweetly that god forgives and once that born again confession is made, not to worry.
Lies twisting the truth of God and His Word which can lead to destruction and AGAIN serving satan.

But FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things NOT SEEN..

So we believe by faith which has understanding, against all odds and experiences from our former lives and then, after believing and walking AS IF THESE THINGS ARE TRUE, REJECTING ANYTHING OR VOICE TO THE CONTRARY,
GOD brings the objects and goals of our right-faith to BE in reality.

Jim,
I'm not real sure of what you have said in this post as some of it seems to contradict the rest of the post so guess I just don't quite follow. My lack of comprehension, I reckon.

But the part that troubles me the most is that you seem to be crediting Satan with what God has revealed to us several places in the scripture; that being that once we are saved, not to worry. ???? We certainly do not have any reason to worry about our salvation as that, according to 1st John 5:11-13 that nothing can take us from the Body of Christ. Absolutley nothing. I don't think any Christian worrys about commiting sin but most Christians are aware of the fact that to go thru life without sinning is not possible. That's why Christ came and gave his life for us.

So how can this be "lies twisting the truth of God and His Word which can lead to destruction and AGAIN serving Satan."

Please clear that up for me. I think I'm missing something but not sure what it is.

Thanks

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
here is one scripture which speaks of our hope of eternal life, which is maintained and sustained by vigilent and continued FAITH...ALL of which is given by God's grace to us..IF we will hear and receive and act on the promises.Jim.

Jim,

None of the scriptures you listed say what want them to and state.

"Rom 5:11& 2
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

This means we have to worry that our salvation might be recalled? Hardly. I'm not sure why you list Romans 5:2 immediately after 5:11 unless it is to try to make the Bible prove your point, but this instead tells us plainly what Shootist and I have been telling you, that our salvation is not dependant on us. It rests surely on the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. He is our Hope. Rather than showing that your arguement has merit, it shows clearly that you have nothing to base your view on. So also for all of the zillion or so verses you have listed in past posts. You simply prove our point.

Then you go on to insult anyone who does not agree with you. I am blind because I do not see things as you do. Shootist is inept (my word for how you have described him) because he will not answer questions the way you want him to. It seems no one can understand the Bible but you. Jim, such things are simply pathetic.

I am concerned about you, for seeing you refuse to understand. You do not learn, and accuse us of the very thing you are doing.

I ask you very sincerely and clearly, please stop this. Your accusations and insults will not be treated with kid gloves any longer. Accept that we see things differently and drop this, please.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Jim,

I have never said that you weren't a brother in the Lord.

YOU on the other hand, have run the gammut with me. Over the past year or so, according to your posts on various threads, I have gone from an anointed teacher and preacher of the word of God to a lost man, heading to Hell, filled with the devil and being used as a child of Satan to spread lies that are damning others to Hell. I never claimed an anointing, Jim, but please don't lie about what I said about you. If you say you are a brother in Christ, I believe you, until you prove otherwise, and the burden of proof is huge to meet.

Just to clear the air about what I think about your eternal salvation.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

L
L
Jim, this is the old dense brother with the slow computer also from Oregon

I have read much of your writings and have concluded that you are saved although I was a bit doubtful for awhile. I agree with much of what you say but I agree entirely with those that are trying to point out things that you don't seem to get.

You raise many questions in my mind like:

Is he comfortable in his salvation?
Does he think he can attain perfection?
Does he think he can please God?
Since he is a believer does he believe he is no longer a sinner?
Etc,etc,etc!

It seems there was a time in your life when you were not comfortable that you were saved and perhaps even now. You said you were in deep depression at one point. I too was in deep depression but the night I was saved it was gone. That was 26 years ago June 29,1982 on a Friday night, my heart was filled with joy and peace so there was no longer room for depression.

As for perfection, if you think you can attain that then you will be the second person to live on this earth that was perfect.
The first one was slain on the Cross.

If you think you can plese God, I'm afraid you are kidding yourself. Christ told us our very best is like filthy rags to God. So you are a dirt bag just like me.

You talked about faith the size of a mustard seed. Christ said if we had faith the size of a mustard seed we could move mountains so you better think that one over again.

Grace is the age we live in, PRAISE THE LORD. We are saved by grace because we have faith and believe that Jesus is the Son of God and being God He came to the earth as a man and lived a man's life. He died on the Cross for our Sins, He was resureccted and is now at the right hand of God our Father and prepares a place for us.

In one sentence you spoke of sinners and believers as though they were the unsaved and saved. I don't know about you but I'm just an old sinner saved by grace.

You said, faith holds us fast and is our hope of salvation in the next life. Not sure just what you were trying to say. I have my salvation and it will get me into the next life, Jesus promised me that and I trust in Him.

Last but not least, you spoke of their were very few true shepherds. Perhaps, but there is a whole lot of good ones out there. Being in the State of Oregon I'm sure you have access to CSN "Calvary Satellite Network" on the FM side of your dial, there you will find the cream of the crop. Chuck Smith, John Courson, Skip Hietzig, Raul Reiss, Brett Meador, Allister Bey, Bob Coy, Mike Kessler and our Pastor Matt Fox. The list goes on but you will not find better teachers than these men.

But if you already know everything there is to know about the Bible then you have reached (#7) completeness and there is nothing more to know. As for me being so dense I just keep on learning and learning and I still will only know about a 1/10 of what the scriptures tell us, if I'm blessed before I die, or am raptured whichever may come first.

Only by Grace are we saved and only by his mercy we don't get what we deserve.

By the way Satan has no power over us, he does not control anyones life. All he can do is suggest and God gave us the free will to make our choice of what we want to do. Christ ended Satans power when He died on the cross.

I pray the Lord gives you understanding.

Ciao!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You ain't as dense as you say, brother, except maybe with your math. On June 29th, 1982 you were saved, and on June 29th, 2007 you will have been saved 25 years, not 26, and the only reason I know that is true is because I was saved in 1982 as well, but on April 19th. Got a birthday coming up here on Thursday. Just kids, is what we are! smile

Thanks for chippin' in!

Brother Keith

L
L
Oh my goodnes, math never was my best subject. Thanks for catching that error, at least I was close. Do I still get a "B"?

L
L
Then I spelled goodness wrong, I suppose I am now down to a "C".

Happy Birthday

Last edited by luvtoshoot; 04/15/07.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I blame my typos on club fingers, not on a foggy brain. No problemo. laugh A+ all the way.

Brother Keith

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (10gaugemag, 16gage, 16penny, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,850 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,066
Posts18,501,431
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.