-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In '85 an Old Boy built THE Oddy-Saki...which was a Honda Odyssey frame,mated to a 600cc 'zuki powerplant. The bitch RAN like a raped fhuqking ape,though "suspension" was LIMITING.

'Nother pard mated a Chevelle body to a 'Burban Big Block Frame and rallied THE fhuqk outta it. 48" Swampers were THE schit and 36" Buckshots what you gave your Prom Date.

Now a fhuqking Rice Grinder RULES The Roost.

Too funny!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I fail to see where a Four-Wheeler is any less dangerous than a Three-Wheeler. I thought at the time, the companies making them were behind the anti-three-wheeler push and resultant laws. IMO it was because the originals were so good that everybody had them and they weren't selling new ones so good and needed something to jump start the market. This plus as I remember it the Four Wheelers were a lot more expensive than the Three's.

Old trucks were a whole lot less expensive than new ones and it ain't all inflation. New trucks have a lot more features (and are a lot better IMO than ones made in the 70's and even 80's). It's comparing apples and oranges though as 'til the mid seventies hardly any trucks had four wheel drive and now they are extremely common plus the popularity of extended cabs and full four doors which were hardly ever seen until the late eighties or so. Same thing with four wheels vs. three. The three wheelers were great, bargain vehicles mostly with a lot fewer features than four wheelers.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks deflave, well worth the effort on the rebuild...runs like a top !!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had a Yamaha 225 and a big red 250

Fun machines. Traded both for an XR. Wish I still had them. But I've always preferred two wheels

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good riddance. I haven't seen one in years and never want to ride another one. I grew up riding dirt bikes and motorcycles, but those 3 wheelers handled completely differently. My buddy had a Big Red and he could ride it well, but not me. I'd lean one way like on my dirt bikes and the wheeler would go the other way! Around a corner I'd put my foot down and the back tire would try to run over my leg. The last straw was trying to get the thing back to camp through a 10 acre open area with one tree out in the middle. It was like that tree was a magnet and reeling me in to hit it. Four wheelers are way better for me.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You’re not supposed to put your feet down on a four wheeler either.

And I admit the three wheel configuration makes little sense. But if you watch that 60 minutes report you can see they want to ban bikes and quads too. They’ve just been unsuccessful at it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I haven’t seen one in ages.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
60 Minutes used to air letters from readers at the end of each program.
A few weeks after this segment aired they read a letter from a viewer that was very well written. The viewer pointed out that it pure hypocrisy for 60 minutes to villainize the 3 wheeler when a week or two previous 60 Minutes aired a segment praising the virtues of the Ferrari (Testarossa or Countach can't recall which). The letter was well written, it used some of 60 Minutes own benchmarks for comparing safety, and the 60 Minutes spokesman was noticeably chagrined and unhappy at having to be the one to admit that there was nothing objective about their reports on the 2 vehicles. Essentially, the Ferrari was more dangerous then the 3 wheeler when using the same comparisons that 60 Minutes had used.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TheKid
Amazing how many blame the three wheeler for incompetent operators too. I can’t tell you how many times someone has told me how dangerous they are. Same folks often have no problem with street bikes.

They were dangerous.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
What isn’t dangerous?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
They were great.

I have near 100,000 miles on a ATC 110 with electric start.

Yeah, I wrecked it a few times. Once I ran over the steel basket that was bolted on the front. That flipped me.

Greatest thing a 6 year old could have.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe they were banned due to young children flipping them. Another case of unattentive parenting. A simple roll bar would have solved the problem. Like the eary jeeps. No roll over protection

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Three wheelers are great for weeding the retards out of the gene-pool..... figures liberals would ban them.... can't be losing constituents....

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah, we flipped them all the time.

Go up a hill and they would come over on you.

Go down a hill and you would go over the front....only to be run over.

Hit a deep rut at speed and you would spiral like a well thrown foot ball.

Made safe riders out of us.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yeah, we flipped them all the time.

Go up a hill and they would come over on you.

Go down a hill and you would go over the front....only to be run over.

Hit a deep rut at speed and you would spiral like a well thrown foot ball.

Made safe riders out of us.

This^^^^ you had to be on your game or they would eat you alive.... love it!

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Never seen this model but would like to have had one. It was called the Duckster .[Linked Image]

that looks like something from WWII

I was thinking about the duckster when I opened this thread, a friend from high school had one. It ran over my leg as well.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They discontinued the Yamaha Rhino for the same reasons.Never had rollover issues with mine.People rolling and wrecking them that should have never owned a four wheeler in the first place...As to the three wheelers,I had two of the mini's I got in a trade and two of the big ones...At the time they worked...I would take another one at the right price.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by irfubar

Yes two wheels are much safer. When you crash they tend to lay down. The three wheelers have bouncy tires and tend to flip forward and smash yo ass. The quads are a little better but still have the bouncy ball tires

Not if you take it down to the local tire store and have 8 ply radials mounted up. My Vinson has no bounce from the tires at all, and is quite resistant to puncture vine. But you do have to slow down a bit in rough stuff, or it will shake your teeth out,

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a Yamaha 225 shaft drive, That thing scared the heck out of me. Used it to get from one field to the next and for hunting. An interesting fact, toward the end of the 3 wheelers when the government was shutting them down there was a company that came out with a front end kit that converted the front end from a single to a steering axle making it a four wheeler. A friend of mine put it on his Honda 250R. Wow was that a ride.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Another wheel hasn’t stopped idiots from hurting themselves

TRUE. - Ridden carefully, I had NO problem with ours.

yours, trex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,622 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.