Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well SG&Y is officially no more----Speedy came down from Trinidad to take back some equipment and to list the building, mills, lathes etc on the market. He was nice enough to blueprint my Jewel for the new competition rifle early in the day and now it is completely done no more SG&Y.

As it turns out I accidentally left my bore scope up there that afternoon and went back about 7:00 to get it and have a last beer with Speedy. One thing led to another and everything is now sold lock stock & barrel�I was up there writing the agreement between Speedy and the Buyer (the hanger will be converted back to a hanger :() till almost 11 last night. Even if Speedy has been gone since the 1st of the year it is sad that the SG&Y sale could not have been worked out with the folks that were left there. Well enough of the sadness ---- off to go shoot the rifle that Speedy printed the trigger for yesterday!!!

NRA Life Member
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I`m sure curious as to what happened?????

Proud Member of the AccuBond Society.......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tim_in_TN
I`m sure curious as to what happened?????

Ditto on the what happened?....The last I knew SG&Y was one of the big headknockers in the LRBR game

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Whatever happened, it happens WAY to often in the Custom Gunsmithing business. Kind of a not "if" but "when" thang... If I can ever get my .300 Jarrett he built shooting better, I may have a classic!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
i certainly would like to know why.i also had some wopk done by speedy some i asked for and some i did`nt.the finished project was nice but the overall experience was dissapointing to put it mildly.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Boss Hoss,

I�m truly sorry to hear that. I hoped that things could be worked out and the shop stay open. The .300 Jarrett that SG&Y built for me last summer/fall is as nice a rifle as I have ever owned. I had hoped to have them do at least 1 more project for me but that doesn�t look like it will happen now.

Do you know of any plans that Stick, J.D. and Lois have made about going to another shop?

Oulufinn - I sent you the load data.

NRA Member
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Thanks!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Will someone please let the rest of us know WTHell is going on? Anyone that knows something please?

Proud Member of the AccuBond Society.......
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I understand that they will be back and of course we are still alive and well and making the SG&Y stocks, as always!

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Had one rifle built by speedy the workmanship was excellent, but my experience mirrors slowbob,added a bunch of extras to the stock painting job and tried to add his spyderweb finish to the barrel which I didn't request,and tried to charge me for them! It's a very nice rifle but left a bad taste in my mouth! AF

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Speedy moved to Colorado. He has taken a position teaching gunsmithing.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I will post more detail later but there are still some open issues involving Stick and Lois and it not appropriate to post. Talked to Speedy for about an hour yesterday as he was going back to Trinidad and I was on the way home from the ranch from shooting. His back is doing much better since he started teaching rather than smithing but the surgeries (plural) are still planned in the future.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boss, sorry to hear about that, I know that you and Speedy were very good friends. I hope that everything works out........Blake

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Boss
Any chance of you sending your stuff to Speedy so he can show the class "how it should be done" wink grin

Last edited by pullit; 04/16/07.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
No Comment!!!!!! cool

NRA Life Member
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I have a couple of Rem's of theirs on ebay for a smoking deal, it is a shame. Who is Boss Hoss anyway?

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Blake---Thanks you are right I will miss talking to him but his overall health (back situation) is better now than when he left at the end of the year so that is good. I will hopefully still shoot with him (still have not beaten him � finished right behind him last year at the Lone Star Shoot Out but I want to whip his azz!) every once in a while and see him at the SHOT every year. We do speak frequently and shoot emails back and forth but eating lunch on every other Friday and most Saturdays will be missed. I do have the shop cat Princess who is the real secret to the success at SG&Y she will put the final touch on my rifles! Even have her name on one of them!

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Ben---I just called you. Did you ship the action to Lois???

NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I hope you know I was kidding.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Depends on whose action... Some were diverted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (akrange, 12344mag, 2500HD, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 44mc, 11 invisible), 1,885 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,687
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.