Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
But a full sized tire won't fit in the spare compartment on many cars.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
But a full sized tire won't fit in the spare compartment on many cars.

I miss my 1989 Grand Marquis... smile [Linked Image]

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
They should hang the guy that came up with the idea of the donut spare.

Don't limit your challenges
Challenge your limits
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Do you own anything that isn't a complete POS?

Sure. The usual stuff.

My firearms.
My knives.
My tools
My bicycles.
My clothes.
My boots and shoes.
My binoculars.
My 1835 odds and ends.
My modern camping gear.

Both Toyotas are paid off and start every time I turn the key. Are Toyotas EVER POSes?

I got two good dogs too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
All I have run for years now are Suburbans and 3/4 ton or heavier pickups. None come with a donut. All are 4 wheel drive, so the savvy traveler makes sure the spare is the same size as the primaries. I also carry a hi-lift jack, bottle jack, wood blocks, and a plug kit and air compressor. One can fix a lot of what ails a tire with a good plug kit and an onboard or plug in compressor.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nothing I have ever driven has had one...

Maybe a rent car. Not sure, but I didn't need it.

Me either, but I fueled an outboard motor on two gallons of straight Coleman fuel one time. It was a really good motor up to that point.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Neighbor down the road has a junk yard. They put donuts on the quads they use to run for parts for customers. They have thousands of them, get a flat, put a new one on. They welded up some plates to mount on the quads to make them fit.

Last edited by Chumleyhunts; 04/15/19. Reason: I can't spell....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never used one.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Speaking of non-POS items, a couple of years back I lost an exact copy of an early 19th Century “Cross L” British trade knife, made on order by a historical blade smith up in New England.

These mass-produced Sheffield “scalping” knives were the everyday knives in America long before Green River got up to speed in the 1850’s. Didn’t look like much; thin single-edged blade, but a good talking point before segueing into talking about Bowie knives at the Alamo. Lost it about two years back, fell out of its sheath. I was seriously bummed out, it weren’t the cost so much as it was the uniqueness of the piece and the difficulty of replacing it with another of like quality.

Pulled up the trunk floor mat Saturday morning and there it was laying next to the donut smile

I was happy.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Broke ass people start peculiar threads.

Birdwatcher's next one.

"Mustard on ramen noodles!,..I like it! Do you?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
1) Two pints grape tomatoes at $1.08 a pint. Two large handfuls of shredded Mozzarella cheese. Microwave in a covered dish for five minutes. Seriously good.

2) Seven or eight white corn tortillas to cover a 10” paper plate, cover liberally with shredded Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack, Break one organic free-range egg on the middle. Microwave under a cover for four minutes. Roll it up as soon as it ain’t too hot to touch. Bring it for lunch.

3) 24oz cup, fill half way with raw oatmeal, other half with some whole grain type cereal. Add organic whole milk, eat it like cereal.

4) Green tea, strong as you can make it, sweetened with whole milk. Gentlest but longest-lasting caffeine buzz there is. I drink 48 to 72oz a day, depending on how much sleep I lost.

5) Liberty Creek Merlot, 3L a week, drunk on the front porch at the end of the day.

What I do every week.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Both Toyotas are paid off and start every time I turn the key. Are Toyotas EVER POSes?

You're too old to ask this question.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
1) Two pints grape tomatoes at $1.08 a pint. Two large handfuls of shredded Mozzarella cheese. Microwave in a covered dish for five minutes. Seriously good.

2) Seven or eight white corn tortillas to cover a 10” paper plate, cover liberally with shredded Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack, Break one organic free-range egg on the middle. Microwave under a cover for four minutes. Roll it up as soon as it ain’t too hot to touch. Bring it for lunch.

3) 24oz cup, fill half way with raw oatmeal, other half with some whole grain type cereal. Add organic whole milk, eat it like cereal.

4) Green tea, strong as you can make it, sweetened with whole milk. Gentlest but longest-lasting caffeine buzz there is. I drink 48 to 72oz a day, depending on how much sleep I lost.

5) Liberty Creek Merlot, 3L a week, drunk on the front porch at the end of the day.

What I do every day.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Forgot to include, I got a thing for blueberries even since they were just what I needed one day when I was dragging on that 2,000 mile bike ride to NY. So if there in the store I’ll alway get at least a pint even tho we’re talking Chile or Peru much of the year. Whatever the cheapest bag of oranges is too.

In school I keep a stash of canned peas and cheap canned tuna in water. I used to eat canned sweet corn too but they add a lot of sugar. These things I will eat cold out of the cans if I get hungry; quick, no mess.

Works fer me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Forgot to include, I got a thing for blueberries even since they were just what I needed one day when I was dragging on that 2,000 mile bike ride to NY. So if there in the store I’ll alway get at least a pint even tho we’re talking Chile or Peru much of the year. Whatever the cheapest bag of oranges is too.

In school I keep a stash of canned peas and cheap canned tuna in water. I used to eat canned sweet corn too but they add a lot of sugar. These things I will eat cold out of the cans if I get hungry; quick, no mess.

Works fer me.

You're gay.

We get it.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks fer the video, but those guys are way-over complicating things.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hell, just about every other car driven by a groid around here has a donut on it.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My last rental didn’t even have a spare. Just a compressor full of goop. Ford sucks...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Hey the belts are poking through on my 15 year old Douglas All-Seasons. Who want some fugkin' blueberries?"

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Can’t even remember the last tire problem I had, which is why I lucked-out with the donut still holding air after years of being forgotten about. Having a tread fly off was a first for me. I got lucky, it beat the crap out of the underside of the rear quarter panel but ya don’t see it unless you look under there.

Wheel well still intact, judging by the rubber marks on the side of the body I coulda broke a window too. I sure am grateful to Toyota for building stuff that lasts. They have saved me a bunch of money in these past couple of years of financial hardship.

Driving along doing 80 about 5am.....

BANGflopflopflopflopflop......

.....serious fishtailing too, I think I woulda lost it if it had been up front. The tire still held air on the bare chords so I limped it down the shoulder to the next exit.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (35, BamBam, 10gaugemag, AnthonyB, bbassi, BALLISTIK, 8 invisible), 1,282 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,234
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.