Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by Oakster

We need a sub forum for grumpy people to argue on...

That would be the Hunter's Campfire forum. Walk softly or it's a cesspool.

I’m finally seeing this! Lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To keep the sidetrack going, a coworker recently had his checking account drained because a ne'er-do-well got his routing and account numbers. Presumably from a personal check.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
To keep the sidetrack going, a coworker recently had his checking account drained because a ne'er-do-well got his routing and account numbers. Presumably from a personal check.

I've gotten to the point that a personal check is absolutely the last thing I would mail to a complete stranger I came into contact with thru the Internet. Talk about asking for a complete carnival ride, watch out. Go ahead and spend $2 and a trip to the Post Office for a PMO. Who doesn't drive by a Post Office or at least near one routinely? I've bought literally $1000 and $1000s of stuff off the Classifieds here with great luck. Most stuff better than it was represented in the ads. I know I may get bamboozled someday and would probably politely ask advice same as OP did. Probably get the same response from some here also. Another risk you take with the Internet I guess.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Don’t let one bad deal here deter you. Let it teach you a lesson on who not to do business with (new users with very low post counts)

The last gun i bought here the seller threw in $100 worth of ammo plus a brand new leather sling in the deal that wasn’t even listed as part of the package. There’s good folks here too!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Don’t let one bad deal here deter you. Let it teach you a lesson on who not to do business with (new users with very low post counts)

The last gun i bought here the seller threw in $100 worth of ammo plus a brand new leather sling in the deal that wasn’t even listed as part of the package. There’s good folks here too!

No, I won’t. Thanks. Done many deals here via all sorts of payment methods and up until this point, all went perfectly smooth.

As a side note, anyone here use Venmo for payment. Much easier to use than PayPal. Is it any safer than PayPal F and F?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So I use them if necessary, but will absolutely not let them make any money on any of my transactions.

Perfect response. They work for free, and will eventually go broke grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Try getting your money back from a lost money order and keep track of the time and expense in doing so, e.g., trips to Post Office, travel, etc. It is not worth it

This. screw money orders, won't take em.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sorry to hear about your situation SDHNTR. I was taken a while back....a few things I learned (in no particular order):

1. Personal check is about the most dangerous form of payment you can use. You give away a lot of info with one.

2. USPS MO (which I paid with) is of little use for "mail fraud". The local post office could tell me the MO was cashed, where it was cashed, and that was it. You have to put a request in, the results fo which will eventually be mailed to you. USPS employee's have little interest in researching or tracking things down. Not a cut on them, they have other things they have to get done and like anyone else they don't want extra work having to deal with other people's problems.

3. Local police have little interest. Another member and I contacted local police and gave a report, emailed info/details, he created a case, and that was it. A $1000 ripoff is low on their radar. They'll only give so much effort to it. They are responsible to their immediate community and have limited time/resources to give to someone across the country.

4. Folks can whine about the "call out" but the best thing a buyer whose's been ripped off can do is make it public once it's verified. Post all the info you have about the guy. Again, make sure it's not a mistake before you do it.....

5. warpig602 is a GOOD guy. He offered I and another member a local contact. He offered to make an item available to another member at price. I've recently purchased a couple of items from him. Just a solid guy all the way around that went out of his way to help folks who got ripped off.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
It's getting tough to buy anything anymore over the internet and feel 100% safe. I'm presently dealing with a situation on an item I purchased over on Rokslide. These scammers are getting good at their deceitful ways. My case is an individual who took my money and has not sent the item for a myriad of BS reasons. I caught him in enough lies that I'm prepared to be a victim of a scam. I've been buying and selling on the slide and here for some time and thought I could recognize if someone was legit. For the first time it looks like I may get stung. I'm keeping a file and for what's it's worth it was a Postal MO sent certified mail. Through some hard researching I was able to locate the individual and put a name and residence. He's located in Little Rock, Ark where he's a tenant in a low income apartment building. It's been 3 weeks since he had my money and I'll let one more week go before I try to advance the situation to the next level. I do get replies to my emails occasionally. However, they are always in the form of an excuse or what turns out to be a bold face lie. Anyone in the Little Rock area willing to make a visit for me if necessary. I'd be more than willing to offer compensation.

Last edited by stevevan1; 04/14/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All good advice so far!

War pig is good to go!

Are you a Black Sabbath fan?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by stevevan1
It's getting tough to buy anything anymore over the internet and feel 100% safe. I'm presently dealing with a situation on an item I purchased over on Rokslide. These scammers are getting good at their deceitful ways. My case is an individual who took my money and has not sent the item for a myriad of BS reasons. I caught him in enough lies that I'm prepared to be a victim of a scam. I've been buying and selling on the slide and here for some time and thought I could recognize if someone was legit. For the first time it looks like I may get stung. I'm keeping a file and for what's it's worth it was a Postal MO sent certified mail. Through some hard researching I was able to locate the individual and put a name and residence. He's located in Little Rock, Ark where he's a tenant in a low income apartment building. It's been 3 weeks since he had my money and I'll let one more week go before I try to advance the situation to the next level. I do get replies to my emails occasionally. However, they are always in the form of an excuse or what turns out to be a bold face lie. Anyone in the Little Rock area willing to make a visit for me if necessary. I'd be more than willing to offer compensation.

You'll have to furnish us with his name and address.

"We don't rent pigs"
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
That I will when the time is right. I located his son who says he will do what's right. As they say "I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst"!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I harassed a thief's wife a while back until she started cussing at me and finally gave me a paypal refund. He made the mistake of using her paypal email and account to receive funds. To this day, I don't think she believes he's a thief.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You'll always have these dipshcidts..........

Had a recent deal with Bernie25827 and he flaked & never sent the funds

>>>>>>>>IGNORE list now<<<<<<<<<<

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I've been waiting exactly a month for a money order for a sightron scope I supposedly had sold here on 3/14/19. Still haven't received it. The prospective buyer said he had some health issues, but he was healthy enough to hop online on the 26th of last month to tell me about the health issues........didn't say money was on the way. I just told him I still have it ready to ship (true, it's boxed up with his name and address and ready to rock). But, he hasn't been online since 3/26 which is the day he sent me the message.

Moral of my story here is..............things happen. I guess I should send him a message telling him the scope is back for sale. Instead I told him It's still waiting here for him with his name and address attached, ready to ship.

Sometimes I ship things before even receiving the money.............never been burned. In this case, I'll never do that again. And I'm still waiting for the money, but I still have the scope, so I've not lost out I guess.

Last edited by screaminweasil; 04/14/19.
J
J
I’ve purchased a few things on here, using a money order and never had a problem.
It’s kind of crazy when all you tried to do is get a question answered and then people try to question your integrity,I guess it’s easy to be ignorant and judgmental, when they are behind a computer... anyways I hope you get what you purchased.

S
S
I just sent Warpig a MO from the bank last Friday. Reading this thread gave me cold sweats as I saved for this scope $50-$75 at a time, but there's been so many good reviews about him I'm actually super stoked I have 'live' transaction with him. I'm super new here an stoked to be a part of the community. Good luck!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
No worries about dealing with Warpig! Stand up guy!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickinTN
No worries about dealing with Warpig! Stand up guy!

X2

Jim

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
OK, so here are the details:

Leupold FX2 4x33 in gloss paid for via PayPal on 4/5. Proof of payment and transaction number emailed immediately thereafter.

He said he’d provide shipping info and did not. He did respond once a couple days later saying he was busy with work and would get to it soon.

Then on the 11th he responded to another scope wtb ad I had for a VX3I 3.5-10. He said he had one and could ship them together. He sent pics. I declined the second scope and said to please proceed and send the first scope. That never happened and was the last I’ve heard from him despite multiple inquiries.

His user name here was/is Anaml. He uses emails anaml2yahoo and Y2ray1yahoo.com.

I’m still willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt if he re engages and delivers the scope. If this is a misunderstanding, I will graciously retract all statements and delete this thread. But for now, I feel wronged. Lesson learned.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 04/15/19.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1Akshooter, 55 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,049
Posts18,500,981
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.