Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Owl

Unless another life is at risk, why put yourself in harms way ? Seek cover and concealment until LEO's arrive.

You never know how amped up the "active shooter" is on meth or how well armed they are compared to you.

A far bigger concern than meth or any other drug is the fact that once somebody starts shooting, the cops are on their way and looking for a person with a gun.

If somebody can save the day, by all means. But I wouldn't go full Mogadishu unless I'm in uniform.

So don't strip down to my khaki pants cut off at the knees and flip flops ???

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Owl
I just depends on what I am doing, and the type of clothing that I am wearing. For the most part, if I am just out and about, I only care the concealed firearm with 13 rnds in it.
If I know that I'm going to be near a den of iniquity, then I usually have at least one extra magazine with 12 rounds in it. Sometimes two.

Originally Posted by local_dirt

Ohio requires retreat if possible, except in defense of your life or another's life. We lost "stand your ground" at the polls a few years ago.

Unless another life is at risk, why put yourself in harms way ? Seek cover and concealment until LEO's arrive.

You never know how amped up the "active shooter" is on meth or how well armed they are compared to you.

You have this misquoted. These are my words. However, it is not my job or responsibility to put myself in harm's way, only to stop an attack upon myself, or another with an eye to retreat. Only in my home, is it assumed that retreat is impossible or impractical.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'll probably carry more when I get older and wear jeans/shirt/vest in August.

About 8 months of the year I'm in shorts and a tee or button down. It's hell carrying 3 spare mags with swim trunks.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Interesting thread w/ many opinions.

Having gone dry or close to it on several occasions I prefer to carry an extra mag for my G19. My pants stay up and it is easier to conceal than a second gun. I know that I cannot predict the circumstances of a fight and fleeing may not be the best option. Should a malfunction occur I will correct it if possible not analyze the cause. If TRB fails the next option includes a reload which I prefer to do using a new, full mag. When the immediate problem is solved I will scan the area prior to reloading if not at slidelock, I have never been good at counting the rounds fired. I think tactical reloads are a range thing, have fresh mag positioned properly in hand, eject current mag and let fall and quickly but positively replace w/ new mag. Less chance of fumbling, if circumstances permit pick up partially used mag and stow.

As soon as you are positive that your environment is safe return your gun to concealed and seek better cover.

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
FYI Joe Schit the Ragman is my cousin

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I carry my extra mag for the Glock 43 in my change pocket on my right (strong) side. Not ideal, but that’s why I’m having a friend’s wife sew change pockets on the left side, too.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
https://www.blueforcegear.com/single-pistol-belt-pouch.html

Take off the velcro belt loop and it has a sewn in sleeve that lets you run your belt through it and carry any pistol magazine, double or single stack, horizontally and concealed with a T-shirt. Most useful mag carrier I've tried.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR

Take off the Velcro belt loop and it has a sewn in sleeve that lets you run your belt through it and carry any pistol magazine, double or single stack, horizontally and concealed with a T-shirt. Most useful mag carrier I've tried.

Didn't see the sewn in sleeve that allows you to carry base plate oriented up?

I may get one for T&E.

John Stark.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Horizontally as in parallel with your belt. The velcro is in the sleeve. look at the 5th pic in the link.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by cs2blue
2 is one and one is none! always carry a reload, always! Cuz you just never know!

That's right cs2blue, anyone with at least two unpickled or dope addled functioning brain cells would know this. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by gunner500

Weight should never be a concern with staying alive, there isn't a swinging dick on here that hasn't begged, connived, pleaded, hoodwinked his way into gladly hoisting a 120lb woman up in the shower and hammering himself stupid! and will every damn chance he gets.

Carrying extra ammo could be the difference in getting to do that again, not to mention being alive to watch out for that woman and kids for the remainder of your life....

Jerry, I never thought of it that way, but that's a right smart way of putting it.

Anyways, I always carry at least one spare mag/speedstrip for any single-stack or revolver. A Glock can usually stay fed on what's in the magazine, or to fight my way back to the other magazines I have stashed in the truck/backpack.

Yessir Doc, we as men have created a lot of responsibility, husbands, dads, buddies, possible caretakers for our aging parents, business owners [ie employees], a lot of people depend on use being there, so whether to a booked chitstorm or going to the damn post office, we need to get there and back. smile I don't know or care what another man carries, but hope they all do.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by kingston
Weight should never be a concern with staying alive, there isn't a swinging dick on here that hasn't begged, connived, pleaded, hoodwinked his way into gladly hoisting a 120lb woman up in the shower and hammering himself stupid! and will every damn chance he gets.

How has this argument not made it into a ultralight hunting rifle thread.

It has, after I read someone exclaim, oh, you can lose a whole half ounce going to a titanium bolt handle, I said if you'll clean your muddy boots and take a good chit you can lose a whole ten pounds, never mind happily sitting down for another slice of pie adding to the 80+lbs they've put on their asses since school. crazy

Cant put my finger on exactly when we became so vaginalized.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
Horizontally as in parallel with your belt. The velcro is in the sleeve. look at the 5th pic in the link.

That makes sense.

John Stark.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Here is Clint Smith's opinion on spare magazines and magazines in general!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVG9D6IVpkQ

Nuff Said!!

Elk Country

Last edited by elkcountry; 04/18/19.

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

Yessir Doc, we as men have created a lot of responsibility, husbands, dads, buddies, possible caretakers for our aging parents, business owners [ie employees], a lot of people depend on use being there, so whether to a booked chitstorm or going to the damn post office, we need to get there and back. smile I don't know or care what another man carries, but hope they all do.

I see you are a man who takes his responsibilities seriously. I like the way you think.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR

Take off the velcro belt loop and it has a sewn in sleeve that lets you run your belt through it and carry any pistol magazine, double or single stack, horizontally and concealed with a T-shirt. Most useful mag carrier I've tried.

Thank you, I think I'll be taking your advice.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I figure the odds of me needing a defensive weapon is slim.

Not counting time on duty I've put in about 20,000 days and needed a weapon exactly 4 times.

Total reloads needed = 0

And I'm older and smarter than before...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
I figure the odds of me needing a defensive weapon is slim.

Not counting time on duty I've put in about 20,000 days and needed a weapon exactly 4 times.

Total reloads needed = 0

And I'm older and smarter than before...

And so much better looking

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The only time I've ever thought that I might come in 2nd Place,was on Chichagof. Had (5) Brownies in proximity,the furthest being 20yds away. (2) Boars to my left and a Sow and Twins to my right,post Rut(luckily).

I KNEW someone would find the Satin Nickle BHP in my mitts emptied,but really didn't know what the Final Score was gonna read.(grin)

An extry mag(which I had on me at the time),wasn't gonna "help" and I luckily managed to slip away,less pressing the trigger.

Woulda made a nice video.

Hint....................(grin)

Still not sure if “Chichagof” is Stickaneese for Chicago.

It's an island in pws know for brown bears and lots of them.. it's part of the ABC island chain. Admiralty, Baranof, Chichagof

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichagof_Island

That makes sense too.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (1Longbow, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 39 invisible), 2,189 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,392
Posts18,469,896
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.