Page 44 of 87 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 86 87
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mtwarden
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Where you headed Mike?

Ed- over the divide to see my kids (and grandkids)- Stuart Peak in the Rattlesnake- snotel shows 96" of snow smile

Some people would be content to just make the drive and see their grandkids.

Can you imagine?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by mtwarden
Originally Posted by Ed_T
Where you headed Mike?

Ed- over the divide to see my kids (and grandkids)- Stuart Peak in the Rattlesnake- snotel shows 96" of snow smile

Some people would be content to just make the drive and see their grandkids.

Can you imagine?

laugh the Bob Marshall Open is only 5 weeks out!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ribka
3 Miles. 2000 feet elevation gain with 55 lb pack off trail. A lot of mud and still some snow

Some pull ups and yoga

Killed me.

That's a climb and mud probably made it sporty.

My kid persuaded me to try yoga once, at the end of the class the instructor had us all lay down and close our eyes, then she touched me on the south end of my belly. Afterwards I asked my kid if she got touched and where. Turns out I got the special treatment with her helping me locate one of my chakras.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Plucking mud was over my ankles in some areas . Thank God for gaiters.

Im 56 now and my body is pretty beat up multiple operations and metal replacements.

I’ve always incorporated stretching in my work outs my entire life . took a few yoga classes last year with a lady friend and was a bit embarrassing as I always was pretty athletic. The 60 year lady I instructor was giving me good natured schit during the class and was kicking my ass. Lol good to be humiliated at times for motivation.

Kind of an eye opener, anyways I basically do the 30 min routine and throw in a few hip and shoulder mobility exercises., core work. Really helps with mobility, balance ( both of which have greatly declined in my 50’s) and post workout soreness.

Anything to keep me chasing elk , trout , grouse and deer in the mountains.

Easy hour mountain biking today and some goblet squats and swings with kettle bell. Great lung workout with low joint stress.

Tomorrow a day of downhill skiing . 3 years ago my orthopedic surgeon said I would need a cane to walk the rest of my life and have bad limp. Plug him. Guys and gals have overcome much worse than I have.

Originally Posted by stomatador
3 Miles. 2000 feet elevation gain with 55 lb pack off trail. A lot of mud and still some snow

Some pull ups and yoga

Killed me.

My kid persuaded me to try yoga once, at the end of the class the instructor had us all lay down and close our eyes, then she touched me on the south end of my belly. Afterwards I asked my kid if she got touched and where. Turns out I got the special treatment with her helping me locate one of my chakras.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Full day workin' the firewood. Cutting, moving, some splitting. Felt good to HIT something with a BFH! Very GoT.

ETA: took the boat walleye fishing yesterday, got skunked. Not a workout. smile

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/19/19.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Full day workin' the firewood. Cutting, moving, some splitting. Felt good to HIT something with a BFH! Very GoT.

ETA: took the boat walleye fishing yesterday, got skunked. Not a workout. smile

Let me step in and translate Jeff's "dear diary" entry:

Woke up in empty house. Everyone else working. Not me.

Smoked bowl. Stayed in pajamas until noon.

Ate. Smoked bowl.

Realized afternoon was coming along. Showered. Got dressed. Pretended to be busy as family comes up driveway.

Lied about my day.

PS-I still suck at fishing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Fairly accurate,

Just add binge watching of liberal news TV,

and a bag of Cheesy Puffs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I imagine smashing things with a big hammer would feel good after yet another setback in your Trump derangement issue. smile

What's next?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Plucking mud was over my ankles in some areas . Thank God for gaiters.

Im 56 now and my body is pretty beat up multiple operations and metal replacements.

I’ve always incorporated stretching in my work outs my entire life . took a few yoga classes last year with a lady friend and was a bit embarrassing as I always was pretty athletic. The 60 year lady I instructor was giving me good natured schit during the class and was kicking my ass. Lol good to be humiliated at times for motivation.

Kind of an eye opener, anyways I basically do the 30 min routine and throw in a few hip and shoulder mobility exercises., core work. Really helps with mobility, balance ( both of which have greatly declined in my 50’s) and post workout soreness.

Anything to keep me chasing elk , trout , grouse and deer in the mountains.

Easy hour mountain biking today and some goblet squats and swings with kettle bell. Great lung workout with low joint stress.

Tomorrow a day of downhill skiing . 3 years ago my orthopedic surgeon said I would need a cane to walk the rest of my life and have bad limp. Plug him. Guys and gals have overcome much worse than I have.

Some pull ups and yoga

Killed me.

We're the same age and similar condition. Probably pretty much the same for most on here, none of us are ready to concede. I've never stretched much but I really need to add that to my routine.

Yesterday was another day on the bike with 15 miles in the mountains and 8 miles pedaling with my wife in the hills around home after work.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

We're the same age and similar condition. Probably pretty much the same for most on here, none of us are ready to concede. I've never stretched much but I really need to add that to my routine.

A foam roller helps too, if you get one that's not too soft and have someoen who knows how to use it show you a few techniques.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Most people are amazed to discover what five minutes of downward dog per day can do to un-fugk things.

But yoga overall, is gay. And stupid. And gay.

Learn the basic stretches and skip the cult.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1/2 day firewood, mostly splitting with a maul.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Boy Jeff.

Save some forest for the rest of us will ya?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave

Most people are amazed to discover what five minutes of downward dog per day can do to un-fugk things.

Now you did it. At least 100 readers will be you tubing and trying the downward dog.

(The Orthopedic Docs on here may be getting some extra rotator cuff walk-ins)

Last edited by battue; 04/21/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I could never get through a yoga class. I've been twice and both times women of all ages kept interrupting and asking me to "adjust them."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I could never get through a yoga class. I've been twice and both times women of all ages kept interrupting and asking me to "adjust them."

Ya and then you had to go and say "adjust this", which is why they wouldn't let you get through an entire class.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
a wee bit sore today, 20 mile out and back bagging Stuart Peak, we hit big snow at ~ 4 miles in and were on snowshoes all the way to the top. Drizzle or rain the entire way, so we missed the gorgeous views you’d normally get.

an honest 8’ of snow up high

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mtwarden; 04/21/19.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue

Ya and then you had to go and say "adjust this", which is why they wouldn't let you get through an entire class.

I would never say that, it would just encourage them as if they need it.

Careful now, or mtwarden is going to make our epic exploits in the gym look inconsequential.

Snowshoes, can you imagine??

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1/2 day firewood, brutal day of splitting and dragging and lifting, full-body whipped

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
1/2 day firewood, brutal day of splitting and dragging and lifting, full-body whipped

What's the other half consist of?

Page 44 of 87 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 86 87

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 31 invisible), 1,935 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,755
Posts18,476,354
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.