Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Honey, get the kids! The retard's gonna air his tires again!"

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Ain’t you coming to Texas? this is all easily verifiable.

I'm in Texas all the time. My parents live there.

I don't know why you're so anxious to meet me. I'm just going to make fun of you to your face the same as I do here.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Reba
OK, You got dirt bikes, sport bikes and image bikes.

The Harley rider is an image rider and is going the way of the dinosaur.
Yeah, and dudes on sport bikes have zero image, right?
Harley management knows this and is trying to find another market.
And they're workin' on it..

I am in Kalifornia and half the Harley dealerships of 20 years ago are out of business. .
That's because yer in Kalifornia.. With all the regs, taxes, BS laws and a flaming libby gov't, it's a wonder any business is still in CA... smile smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I was prob’ly wrong on a whole week with a flat before a HOA letter where you live, I’d guess a week before the tow truck arrives.

We'll add guessing to the list of schit you're no good at.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck

I am in Kalifornia and half the Harley dealerships of 20 years ago are out of business. .
That's because yer in Kalifornia.. With all the regs, taxes, BS laws and a flaming libby gov't, it's a wonder any business is still in CA... smile smile

Over the past 17'ish years I've lived in areas that are considered meccas for bikers.

I ain't seen any shortage of Harley's. Might not be as popular as the 90's and early 2000's but they're not going anywhere.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don’t wanna give you the idea that the Cops are on my street constantly because they’re not. In fact the last police altercation I’m aware of was close to twenty years back and involved dog guy’s kids, after he had been incarcerated. They were three brothers, ages about five through 13. Decent kids.

Apparently the mom commenced to leave them alone for long periods of time and for whatever reason one morning a Cop knocks on the front door to do a welfare check. The dog guy had boxers, and after the poisoning incident there was one left, a female.

A kid opens the door and the boxer runs out and scares the Cop, who then attempts to shoot it. The good news is the dog was only slightly wounded, but a mailbox across the street took one to the chest.

Only other incident of note involved a kid who was the daughter of a former student from my street. After graduating she became a stripper and married a strip club guy from Houston, two kids.

That didn’t work out so she was back with her mom with her two kids. The little girl was a nice kid, her brother however was clearly a psycho, from an early age.

Nine years old and he’s playing with a lighter in the front room, sets a couch on fire. Doesn’t want to get in trouble so he doesn’t say anything. The mom was out back, comes in smells smoke, sees the fire and runs out the front door with the kids. When she opened the front door the fire really took off.

Fire Department saved the house, but it was heavily damaged. The woman’s mom, a school bus driver, had just paid off the house but had no insurance. Took her about five years to get the house livable again but she finally did.

The grandmother is back living in it again, fortunately the daughter and the two kids ain’t. See, my house sits empty for long periods of time, especially now. And from what I seen of the lighter kid, if anyone was gonna break into my house and make my life miserable it was gonna be him when he hit his teenage years.

Didn’t happen, dodged a bullet, so far.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Typing a lot doesn't make you not full of schit.

You're full of schit.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave

Over the past 17'ish years I've lived in areas that are considered meccas for bikers.

I ain't seen any shortage of Harley's. Might not be as popular as the 90's and early 2000's but they're not going anywhere.
Agreed.. In this area HDs outnumber the rest by a factor of 3-1..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
An electric motorcycle?

110 mile range?

How many of those 110 miles are balls-to-the-wall flat out?

Most guys I know would be out of juice well before lunch.

Fake sound too?

It had better be really fast to make up for the extra 30 minutes of charging time when you get to the next town.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
NO Thanks, sick

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm in Florida City every day and there are Harley's galore heading south.

Plenty of 20's-30's year olds on them too. Maybe not as many as previous decades, but like I say, they're not going anywhere IMO.

Peaks and valleys.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by deflave

A lot of Harley's up here in NW Pa. too. I rode for almost 40 years, and my main transport was a bike. Most of the time, it was a Japanese sport bike, but I put an awful lot of miles on a BMW R100RS. Got my first Harley, a 2005 Sportster, in 2006. I no longer rode as if every day, was race day. The bike was inexpensive to run, and pretty darn entertaining, without going over 100mph. Recently got a 2009 Lowrider, and though I only have about 1000 miles on it so far, I'm favorably impressed. Nice looking, economical, entertaining. I like the retro look and feel, with modern reliability. I think that is a big part of the Harley appeal. The live wire looks to be an attempt to stick a foot in the door, just in case they can gain some sort of advantage, should a trend for electric bikes occur. I can't imagine they expect it to be very profitable, but probably look at it as advertising.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
An electric motorcycle?

110 mile range?

How many of those 110 miles are balls-to-the-wall flat out?

Most guys I know would be out of juice well before lunch.

Fake sound too?

It had better be really fast to make up for the extra 30 minutes of charging time when you get to the next town.

If the concept takes off, It would almost guarantee that every bar on a known motorcycle route would have numerous charging stations. There is never a bad reason to stop for a few more beers.....
Maybe they could market it under the green new deal and go for the federal tax dollars.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Around here, counting the Japanese Harley 'lookalikes' along with true Harleys, outnumber the high reving 'tupperware' crotch rockets by a pretty fair margin, with the majority of the crotch rockets being ridden by 30 and under year olds.

Personally, I strongly doubt that the oil and gas industry is in any imminent nor long term danger of loosing any significant worth because of lower demand for fuels due to electric powered vehicles.

Last edited by joken2; 04/19/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MG, what's the world coming to. My 1997 Heritage Springer doesn't whine, it rumbles

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Longhunter_1
MG, what's the world coming to. My 1997 Heritage Springer doesn't whine, it rumbles

[Linked Image]

My EVO beats the ground like a Bass Drum

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Longhunter_1

[Linked Image]

Did it come with two cymbals and a monkey to sit on back?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by joken2

Around here, counting the Japanese Harley 'lookalikes' along with true Harleys, outnumber the high reving 'tupperware' crotch rockets by a pretty fair margin, with the majority of the crotch rockets being ridden by 30 and under year olds.

Personally, I strongly doubt that the oil and gas industry is in any imminent nor long term danger of loosing any significant worth because of lower demand for fuels due to electric powered vehicles.

I don't think the intent was to replace the internal combustion engine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK for you deniers that Harley is looking at financial problems I suggest you invest in their stock. But you better look at their annual financials first.

I really don't know if an electric motorcycle will help keep them business or not. I look for them to cut back on the number of models offered.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
OK for you deniers that Harley is looking at financial problems I suggest you invest in their stock. But you better look at their annual financials first.

I really don't know if an electric motorcycle will help keep them business or not. I look for them to cut back on the number of models offered.

Everyone knows they're less profitable right now but that doesn't mean Harley is going away. They're still very popular.

Their e-bike could very well take off, or fail. But the success of the concept isn't hinged on Harley Davidson's model.

Page 10 of 20 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.