Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
H-D is crashing big time. Sales have dropped 16 out of the last 17 quarters.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/10/31/harley-davidsons-earnings-are-worse-than-you-think.aspx

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm in Texas all the time. My parents live there.

They must be disappointed, They prob’ly moved here so you wouldn’t come to visit

Idon't know why you're so anxious to meet me. I'm just going to make fun of you to your face the same as I do here.

No, I knew you wouldn’t come.

I figure you’re just PO’d because your neighborhood sucks big hairy moose balls.

Be careful not to leave the trash cans out too long, $100 fine don’t ya know wink

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you want to see what the H-D market is like,..stick one up on Craigslist.

Why would a Harley owner put his bike up on Craigslist? That's ridiculous.

You lost me again. Why is that ridiculous? Craigslist is full of Harley adds.

Pay attention this time. When you have a vintage, pristine, custom Harley-Davidson LIKE MINE, you don't list it on phugking Craigslist.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Pay attention this time. When you have a vintage, pristine, custom Harley-Davidson LIKE MINE, you don't listen it on phugking Craigslist.

Because Craigslist is only for Riceburners?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I'm in Texas all the time. My parents live there.

They must be disappointed, They prob’ly moved here so you wouldn’t come to visit

Idon't know why you're so anxious to meet me. I'm just going to make fun of you to your face the same as I do here.

No, I knew you wouldn’t come.

I figure you’re just PO’d because your neighborhood sucks big hairy moose balls.

Be careful not to leave the trash cans out too long, $100 fine don’t ya know wink

It's funny to see you squirm when you get called out for being the bullschit artist that you are.

Get the donut swapped yet?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My son got a good deal on a VRod from Craigslist in Fargo area.
The guy owned 3 motorcycles.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by whelennut
My son got a good deal on a VRod from Craigslist in Fargo area.
The guy owned 3 motorcycles.

Does he like it?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don’t worry the Japanese will perfect this and make it reliable and extend the mileage.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If you want to see what the H-D market is like,..stick one up on Craigslist.

Why would a Harley owner put his bike up on Craigslist? That's ridiculous.

You lost me again. Why is that ridiculous? Craigslist is full of Harley adds.

Pay attention this time. When you have a vintage, pristine, custom Harley-Davidson LIKE MINE, you don't listen it on phugking Craigslist.

Ok...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's funny to see you squirm when you get called out for being the bullschit artist that you are.

Called out? How? all you have done is call me a liar, and refused to stop by to see for yourself.

Anyhoo... since you asked; the drive-by story..... and I erred when I said I never violated city code. About five years after we moved in, Mary the nice lady who lived next door moved out, renting the house to a family who had a nephew or whatever who was MS13, who spray-painted “13” out on the street, a shaved-head gangster on his phone out front cursing at the people he was talking to.

The old man of the family was a real prick, mean to his dogs too. They did however have little kids out front all the time and they liked us because we were nice to their kids.

My ex grew up in the house I’m in, so did her nerdy, bookish brother, the computer science major. These working class West Side neighborhoods do breed some nerdy kids, which are the ones I work with. Like many nerds he is clueless about mechanical things and when the water pump went out he drove his old Isuzu pickup clear to our house, killing the motor.

He was family and that OK looking but dead truck sat in our driveway like 9 months. It was an Isuzu, nobody had motors any more. Meanwhile prick guy next door is working on vehicles and has his driveway full of pieces.

Ordinarily no one says anything but the guy across the street, a retired Army guy and his wife, want prick guy and MS13 guy gone so they complain a lot to Code Compliance. The City comes out and prick-guy points at us and says what about that truck? So we both got cited.

Just as well, brother in law finally got the truck out of the driveway.

Shortly after, the drive-by on the house next door. We slept through it, nobody called the Cops, prick guy showed me the bullet holes the next day, some widely scattered holes in the front of the house. Shortly after that they moved out. Nice family with kids moved in, been there ever since.

So there it is; you can decide for yourself if the neighborhood is scary or not if ya want.

Scariest part of my day is the bicycle ride home, often late. There’s an apartment complex en route gone Section 8 which ain’t getting any nicer over the years. Worse, bicycles are now catching on here among the dregs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of yall are either a bit slow or purposefully obstinate.

The parking lot at work again today:

[Linked Image]

Can you tell what's missing? For those who are slow on the uptake, it's bikes.
H-D is trying to do something about it. For all the pissing and moaning y'all are doing about real bikes, no one is riding them. It's cool y'all got a tricked out 20yr old bike in the garage. That doesn't exactly do H-D any good though. They need people to ride daily and buy bikes. Maybe H-D owners don't have jobs?

This bike is specifically for commuting and urban use. Pissing and moaning about 600 mile road trips makes as much sense as bitching about a Tesla because it doesn't have the payload of a F250. The bike is for riding to work and running errands. Something current H-D owners apparently aren't doing. It fully recharges in 1 hour, which is plenty for commuting.

As far as craigslist, it's absolutely flush with H-Ds. Almost all low mileage, because people aren't riding them. The adds stay on there forever because no one is buying.

This bike costs way to much and won't sell. It won't be because it's not fun to ride and doesn't meet it's purpose. This bike will have more torque than anything else H-D makes. My guess is it will be a blast to ride in traffic.

I don't care either way, but I am smart enough to know more bike riders is good for all of us. Brand and type doesn't matter. It's funny how some bikers think the only real bikers are those who are exactly like them.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Called out? How? all you have done is call me a liar, and refused to stop by to see for yourself.

Anyhoo... since you asked; the drive-by story..... and I erred when I said I never violated city code. About five years after we moved in, Mary the nice lady who lived next door moved out, renting the house to a family who had a nephew or whatever who was MS13, who spray-painted “13” out on the street, a shaved-head gangster on his phone out front cursing at the people’s was talking to.

The old man of the family was a real prick, mean to his dogs too. They did however have little kids out front all the time and they liked us because we were nice to their kids.

My ex grew up in the house I’m in, so did her nerdy, bookish brother, the computer science major. These working class West Side neighborhoods do breed some nerdy kids, which are the ones I work with. Like many nerds he is clueless about mechanical things and when the water pump went out he drove his old Isuzu pickup clear to our house, killing the motor.

He was family and that OK looking but dead truck sat in our driveway like 9 months. It was an Isuzu, nobody had motors any more. Meanwhile prick guy next door is working on vehicles and has his driveway full of pieces.

Ordinarily no one says anything but the guy across the street, a retired Army guy and his wife, want prick guy and MS13 guy gone so they complain a lot to Code Compliance. The City comes out and prick-guy points at us and says what about that truck? So we both got cited.

Just as well, brother in law finally got the truck out of the driveway.Shortly after, the drive by on the house next door. We slept through it, nobody called the Cops, prick guy showed me the bullet holes the next day, a few widely scattered holes in the front of the house. Shortly after that they moved out. Nice family with kids moved in, been there ever since.

So there it is; you can decide for yourself if the neighborhood is scary or not if ya want.

Scariest part of my day is the bicycle ride home, often late. There’s an apartment complex en route gone Section 8 which ain’t getting any nicer over the years. Worse, bicycles are now catching on here among the dregs.

Stick to the gullible.

I see right through you.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My Indian Springfield is the best bike I’ve ever owned. Bought it in August of 2016. I literally just go back from a ride. its got almost 22k miles on it already. Most of those miles are what I could squeeze in between work and I would’ve had more but I owned two other bikes that I also rode at the time . Now that im retired Im really gonna pack some miles on.

Most - not all but most - Harley types don't really ride. They like to be seen as riders, but they really don't ride all that much. They rid back and forth to the bars on weekends or trailer the things to events. Thats why there are so many low mileage HD’s out there. My buddy has a gorgeous Road King thats twice as old as mine and doesnt even have a quarter the miles mine does. And he actually rides more than most of the other guys I know.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My Indian Springfield is the best bike I’ve ever owned. Bought it in August of 2016. I literally just go back from a ride. its got almost 22k miles on it already. Most of those miles are what I could squeeze in between work and I would’ve had more but I owned two other bikes that I also rode at the time . Now that im retired Im really gonna pack some miles on.

Most - not all but most - Harley types don't really ride. They like to be seen as riders, but they really don't ride all that much. They rid back and forth to the bars on weekends or trailer the things to events. Thats why there are so many low mileage HD’s out there. My buddy has a gorgeous Road King thats twice as old as mine and doesnt even have a quarter the miles mine does. And he actually rides more than most of the other guys I know.

We got shots fired on the Birdwatcher thread.

Repeat. We got shots fired.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope, exactly true as written. I have already suggested several times you come and see for yourself.

As a place to raise your kids? It’s PARENTS who make the difference, I have and continue to be awed by the parents of some of the kids I teach and the sacrifices they make.

We have some freaken awesome kids graduate from my school, my job is I get to help with that.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope, it’s true, most Harley OWNERS don’t ride much, hence the current plethora of low mileage used Harleys.

The years when I lived off my motorcycle were ‘84 through about ‘96, no car, just a motorcycle, about 250,000 miles.

Back then I rode too fast for Harleys and besides, they got ripped off so much you couldn’t just leave one parked anywhere, which was problematic when it was your only ride.

The influx of low-mileage “Yuppie Scum” riders began after the introduction of the Evo motor when in one stroke Harleys went from being maintenance and repair intensive to being one of the most reliable, durable, trouble-free bikes around.

At bars I’d have just rode in from Utah or wherever and get scoffed at by fat Harley guys who mostly rode to the nearest bar once or twice a week.

Beyond all of them, who are now dying off, there prob’ly still remains the committed core group of Harley faithful. Who put miles and miles on their bikes.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

We got shots fired on the Birdwatcher thread.

Repeat. We got shots fired.

LMFAO... grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nope, it’s true, most Harley OWNERS don’t ride much, hence the current plethora of low mileage used Harleys.

The years when I lived off my motorcycle were ‘84 through about ‘96, no car, just a motorcycle, about 250,000 miles.

Back then I rode too fast for Harleys and besides, they got ripped off so much you couldn’t just leave one parked anywhere, which was problematic when it was your only ride.

The influx of low-mileage “Yuppie Scum” riders began after the introduction of the Evo motor when in one stroke Harleys went from being maintenance and repair intensive to being one of the most reliable, durable, trouble-free bikes around.

At bars I’d have just rode in from Utah or wherever and get scoffed at by fat Harley guys who mostly rode to the nearest bar once or twice a week.

Beyond all of them, who are now dying off, there prob’ly still remains the committed core group of Harley faithful. Who put miles and miles on their bikes.

Classic Birdwatcher bullschit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Because Craigslist is only for Riceburners?

You said it, not me.

Must be your inner idiot talking.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,319
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.