Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
RE: Crimp I am using a Lee taper crimp die in a stand alone stage. Single stage press. I HAVE had bullet set back in the past. Guessing this is a very sensitive aspect of loading? A 32nd of a turn on the die goes a good ways. I do see some much better accuracy results going lighter. Guess I will have to run some full mags through with the load and check every 4-5 rounds? These are jacket bullets/XTP

If you have bullet set back in a properly functioning semi-auto in one of the straight wall service cartridges or similar, you most likely either have undersized bullets or the brass isn't sized correctly. (And some dies are definitely out of spec in that regard.) Neck tension alone is plenty to get the job done without messing up the bullet with a hard crimp.

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by EdM
I assume KKM can supply that barrel threaded?

Don’t know. You’d think.

Call’em.

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Fotis
The ultimate 10mm in my opinion.
EAA WITNESS 15 shot. Great looks very very accurate and looks great
I love mine.

[Linked Image]

Your earlier posts on this one have had me intrigued with the EAA - enough so that I just ordered one and it arrived at my FFL yesterday and I'm anxiously waiting for him to tell me to come and pick it up. I think it was the pic of the zombie clown you ventilated that pushed me over the edge! Now I have to decide if the Delta Elite stays or goes...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish HK would introduce a 10mm. Preferably in the USP...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
that looks pretty good, does anyone make an aftermarket trigger for the springfield?

I have a whole herd of Xd's. All of them get the Powder river kit from Brownells.

Sporsman's warehouse in Cheyenne WY has one in stock right now. Come and see me.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGray
I love mine.

[Linked Image]

Your earlier posts on this one have had me intrigued with the EAA - enough so that I just ordered one and it arrived at my FFL yesterday and I'm anxiously waiting for him to tell me to come and pick it up. I think it was the pic of the zombie clown you ventilated that pushed me over the edge! Now I have to decide if the Delta Elite stays or goes...

Put a sprinco recoil rod in it!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I have a Kydex holster for my G-40, but it's gonna eventually scratch up the slide; drawing the gun makes too much racket .

I'd like one with a lining.

What holsters are you guys using with the big Glock.

DF

DirtFarmer,

Garret holsters makes kydex with a leather lining. I have one for a G30.

Do not know if they make one for the G40, check their website.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
My gunsmith is a Glock armorer. He’s said to do a good trigger job on Glocks. The one he did on my G-40 leaves a lot to be desired.

What’s the best aftermarket Glock trigger? Too nice a gun to not have a better trigger.

DF

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My gunsmith is a Glock armorer. He’s said to do a good trigger job on Glocks. The one he did on my G-40 leaves a lot to be desired.

What’s the best aftermarket Glock trigger? Too nice a gun to not have a better trigger.

DF

I’ve used a few different setups on Glock triggers and found my personal preference is the ghost evo elite 3.5 connector fitted for as little over travel as possible while still giving reliable function . The factory trigger bar suits my finger . Everything is polished .
It’s smooth and more consistent in weight through the pull and resets fast . I use the factory springs but you could drop some weight there if desired .

I had an overwatch precision flat faced trigger setup with a ghost rocket connector that was smoother but had more overtravel than I wanted .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JGray
I love mine.

[Linked Image]

Put a sprinco recoil rod in it!

...and so it begins - just picked it up and like everything about it, though the trigger could use some work. I hope it shoots as good as it looks and feels.

[Linked Image]

They sure put 'em in a fancy box...

[Linked Image]

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
When loading make sure you have enough crimp to prevent set back. Set back can cause pressures to go way up and if you're already loading max a little set back can be trouble.

Bb

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by jmd025

DF

I’ve used a few different setups on Glock triggers and found my personal preference is the ghost evo elite 3.5 connector fitted for as little over travel as possible while still giving reliable function . The factory trigger bar suits my finger . Everything is polished .
It’s smooth and more consistent in weight through the pull and resets fast . I use the factory springs but you could drop some weight there if desired .

I had an overwatch precision flat faced trigger setup with a ghost rocket connector that was smoother but had more overtravel than I wanted .

Thanks for that info.

Talked to my smith. I'm going to let him work on the G-40 some more. I did mention these aftermarket products. We'll see how it goes.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
DF, I have not been able to turn a glock trigger into anything remotely similar to a 1911.

The best triggers I have made have just been spring changes, polishing, and in two cases I used the LS titanium strikers. Just polish the crap out of all the contact points with a dremel wheel and polishing compound, maybe replace the striker with a titanium but polish that as well, then buy some "competition springs"

wolfe

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
DF, I have not been able to turn a glock trigger into anything remotely similar to a 1911.

The best triggers I have made have just been spring changes, polishing, and in two cases I used the LS titanium strikers. Just polish the crap out of all the contact points with a dremel wheel and polishing compound, maybe replace the striker with a titanium but polish that as well, then buy some "competition springs"

wolfe

I know it'll never be 1911 quality, but needs to be better than it is. I've handled Glocks with better triggers, in fact have an older series .45 ACP Glock with a better trigger than this one. And it's stock, no polishing or work done.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You would think they would put their competition trigger in the G40, seems a few people have been unhappy with them. I am seriously looking at the springfield gun, the trigger is very mushy but I tried an XDM 45 acp with a powder river trigger in it, and its a whole lot better than any glock trigger I have ever been able to produce. The word on the street is that the G20/40 are about as accurate as the 10mm XDM's, the XDM grip for me is a bit more comfortable but its about the same diameter as the glock, there is no major difference in accuracy but some folks thing the 29 is a lot more accurate than either. The XDM does not have a MOS cut so no way forward on that front with the Springfield. The springfield has better case support...so its a toss up until you get to the $160 SA trigger replacement. Then the g20 looks a lot better even with its crappy trigger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

wolfe

I know it'll never be 1911 quality, but needs to be better than it is. I've handled Glocks with better triggers, in fact have an older series .45 ACP Glock with a better trigger than this one. And it's stock, no polishing or work done.

DF

Glock triggers always seem to be a 'crap-shoot'. I've owned ~25 of them, and no two triggers are exactly alike! crazy
That being said, I still like them, and there are tons of aftermarket options available.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
There are so many aftermarket options, I get lost in the fog.

Hopefully my smith can do something with it. I told him I didn't mind going with aftermarket parts if needed.

He's a good guy, we'll see what he can do.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are so many aftermarket options, I get lost in the fog.

Hopefully my smith can do something with it. I told him I didn't mind going with aftermarket parts if needed.

He's a good guy, we'll see what he can do.

DF

I never did install an aftermarket trigger in any of my Glocks. Some, like my gen 3 G19(25,000rds) got better with use, some like a Gen4 G21 with ~5K rds never did get any better.
?

James Elroy Flecker

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 340boy

wolfe

DF

Glock triggers always seem to be a 'crap-shoot'. I've owned ~25 of them, and no two triggers are exactly alike! crazy
That being said, I still like them, and there are tons of aftermarket options available.

I always thought the 3.5# connector was as good as it gets in a Glock.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It’s a diminishing return thing for sure. 3.5 and some spring changes plus polishing.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (007FJ, 21, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.