Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Otis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ap8x2bNxc
Was watching this and he states the RUM conversion is not the correct bolt face measurement sounds like he knows what he talking about! Any opinions would be nice!

Correct on bolt face, has to be opened.

The box mag is pretty close, feed ramps may need opening some.

RUM about the easiest donor to convert.

DF

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dennis Olson in Plains, MT is one to ask about this. So far as the stock being the mag box I should think a nice thin epoxy around the sides would help protect the wood as well as the small bit of steel epoxied into the front.

The way life should be.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bluefish
Dennis Olson in Plains, MT is one to ask about this. So far as the stock being the mag box I should think a nice thin epoxy around the sides would help protect the wood as well as the small bit of steel epoxied into the front.

I think they had a metal lining front and sides on that mag. Looks like a ā€œUā€ shaped piece of steel from what I can see. One would need to take care with how wide the box ended up. The follower would need to be crafted to function in that application. I think it would take a master craftsman to make that work.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MY .404 Jeffery, built on a Zastava Interarms Mk X action, has an all-steel magazine with a hinged floor plate. Looks to me like the original magazine, but enlarged, so I dug out the build sheet with prices from my gunsmith. All that I found was a cryptic line that said "Enlarge magazine $40." I have not been curious enough to take it out of the stock, but fit and finish are like new.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by mudhen
MY .404 Jeffery, built on a Zastava Interarms Mk X action, has an all-steel magazine with a hinged floor plate. Looks to me like the original magazine, but enlarged, so I dug out the build sheet with prices from my gunsmith. All that I found was a cryptic line that said "Enlarge magazine $40." I have not been curious enough to take it out of the stock, but fit and finish are like new.

"Enlarge magazine, $40" is amazing. He must have some slick and easy way of doing it. I would have thought that would be a lot more than a forty dollar job...

DF

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is a fan of the .404 Jeffery and Mauser actions, and he has been building one or two of them each year, for the last 20 years or so.

Last edited by mudhen; 05/03/19.

Ben

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
He is a fan of the .404 Jeffery and Mauser actions, and he has been building one or two of them each year, for the last 20 years or so.

Amazing.

DF

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Biebs
Gary passed away a few years ago.

He was a fine fellow in my opinion. Back in early 90's, he did my very first rebarrel job/trigger work on a Mod 70 FWT (PF). Killed my first cow elk with it. Later on, he fixed a feeding problem in a Mod 70 .375 Express for me. He rechambered my first 35 Whelen AI in mid 90's. He sure did excellent work! I am fast approaching "that age" were I "knew more people"(passed on) than I do now (alive), ha. King David called it when he said "Now I go the way of all the earth". Now is the time to shoot/hunt fellows! smile

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Originally Posted by Biebs
Gary passed away a few years ago.

He was a fine fellow in my opinion. Back in early 90's, he did my very first rebarrel job/trigger work on a Mod 70 FWT (PF). Killed my first cow elk with it. Later on, he fixed a feeding problem in a Mod 70 .375 Express for me. He rechambered my first 35 Whelen AI in mid 90's. He sure did excellent work! I am fast approaching "that age" were I "knew more people"(passed on) than I do now (alive), ha. King David called it when he said "Now I go the way of all the earth". Now is the time to shoot/hunt fellows! smile

Good point.

I understand your philosophical statement, so true.

DF

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I"m sure he would not mind the plug from you. Who is this masked man? Can you provide some pics? It would be instructive for the rest of us.

The way life should be.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bluefish

I"m sure he would not mind the plug from you. Who is this masked man? Can you provide some pics? It would be instructive for the rest of us.

Unfortunately, he has retired. Since I quit photo bucket, I have been unable to post photos here on the campfire using any of the suggested photo hosting sites.

Here is a link to pictures that I posted here a while back: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11427814/all/My_Sort_of_New_Toy

Ben

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice!!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.