-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So who do you guys think makes the best small unit for jumping a diesel truck, cars, ATV's and charging device? Some of the ones on the market are very small.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They are changing rapidly, so no review is able to cover the improvements since last year - - they keep getting better and cheaper.

I routinely have one in the vehicle if I am away from pavement and they have been valuable for my convenience factor. Right now I am using a Stanley "PowerToGo" Lithium Ion unit. This outfit is smaller and lighter than my 10 X 50 binoculars. For $35 (on sale), it replaced my old one (brand name not remembered) and is easy to like. It has started two pickups so far, one was diesel, with no fuss at all. Neither episode drew down the charge much, although I did plug in as soon as I got home. I haven't used one for charging my computer or phone, but I'm sure they have plenty of horsepower for both.

Shop around.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have an Antigravity XP10. When I bought it, it was the best on they market although kind of pricey. Jumpers have come down in price and up in power since them. Mine is supposed to turn over a diesel up to 7.3L. I've never had a chance to try it on a diesel but it sure starts a car engine nicely. They're sure a big improvement of the suitcase sized jumpers we had for so many years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I work for my cousin who is a used farm eq. dealer, and when the eq. comes in it more then likely will not crank. We use a NOCO boost pro GB150 4000 amp jump starter. We have had one for about a 1 1/2 yrs. now and I have seen it crank everything and I am talking large and big farm eq. any size diesel engine. The starter is the best place to hookup if you can get to it. Amazon has them $270.00,these little boxes are amazing, money well spent.

Last edited by Lefty Lucas; 04/28/19.

You CANNOT protect the Constitution without the 2nd Amendment.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Noco GB150.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 04/28/19.
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I have an Antigravity XP10. When I bought it, it was the best on they market although kind of pricey. Jumpers have come down in price and up in power since them. Mine is supposed to turn over a diesel up to 7.3L. I've never had a chance to try it on a diesel but it sure starts a can engine nicely. They're sure a big improvement of the suitcase sized jumpers we had for so many years.
\

I bought one a couple years ago when I bought my wife an overpowered snowmachine that could not be pull started. ( Arctic Cat 1100 Turbo). and as an auxillary for my Ram 3500 5.9 Cummins diesel - she carries a big bulky thing in her Expedition. Which will inflate tires, as well.

Purchased the XP10 in case the snow machine battery ever wend dead out of town... never did. But it carried nicely under my parka, where it stayed warm and fully capable. I did use the XP10 to start someone's car once, and did carry it traveling and used it at to the cabin last summer to keep the ipad and iphones charged when other power was not available.

Dunno what they are now, but I paid about 150 then.

Last edited by las; 04/29/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
So who do you guys think makes the best small unit for jumping a diesel truck, cars, ATV's and charging device? Some of the ones on the market are very small.

I purchased a NOCO GB40 for my daughter to use with her Camry and a NOCO GB70 for use in my Hilux...both seem fine.

That said, they come with absolute crap cases so I ordered a hard case from ebay for transporting the unit, now I just leave it in with my tools and don't worry about the possibility of damage.

Much better way to go about it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Noco all the way..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
For those who have the NOCO brand, how long will they hold a charge?

G23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.