Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I'll check out that Kidd spring kit. That sounds like what I need. The Automatch has been reliable in every other gun we've got and I really need to make it work. Found a good deal on it and bought 10K rounds last week.

Here's the spring kit, it's not but about $10

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Guide-Rod-Spring-Kit_p_30.html

I've got tons of Automatch, and used it exclusively for a long time in Ruger pistols with no issues. But, the cases of it that I've gotten over the last 2-3 years have had a few issues from time to time. Enough that I'll practice with it but won't rely on it in a match.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Taurus G2C 9 mm. Have about 300 rounds through it so far, 124 gr fmj. No issues so far.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Anybody been shooting anything lately? Learn anything new? Any new gear or guns?

An M&P40 2.0 Compact (very Glock 23'ish). I'm liking it better than a Glock although it is about 3oz heavier (all in the slide I think). I'm really loving that skateboard tape texture on the grip. The trigger breaks cleaner than Glock, but the takeup is way longer (but a short reset). The grip angle works for me. Never been a big fan of 3-dot combat sights, but it didn't take to long to adjust the fire control computer between my ears. This gun and I are very accurate together - my happiness level is high.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just got back from the range. My shooting partner shot a new to him Sig P232 and a old well worn Colt government model.
I carried my usual model 66 and Baer concept V. Got to shooting the Baer, never moved to anything else.
Good news is I only have one to clan. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Bluedreaux: I shot my good friend who is here from Louisiana's fully suppressed Ruger MK-II with long, heavy custom stainless barrel in caliber 17 Mach2!
This pistol with red dot sight (by Burris) is a Ground Squirrel killing MACHINE!
And I bonked the first two I "quietly" shot at and missed the third (shot high and down the hole it went).
This 17 Mach2 suppressed Ruger MK-II
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
2 P365's and a Kahr PM380 and a G17 and a G19 and a TAC 13...going again tomorrow, I try and shoot every week.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Robb10238
Last trip to the farm for shooting was with a new to me Ruger bisley vaquero in 500 Linebaugh built by John and stocked by Roy Fishpaw. Shooting this gun makes a guy wonder why folks shoot 500 Linebaugh Longs or Maxs!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Rob,

I have a load of brass and bullets if you are in need. I sold my 500 L so they will be priced right.

Ed

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What make/model holster is that?

Milt Sparks Criterion.

Good-looking rig.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My old Python. Old eyes and a Ultradot matchdot on a Weigand mount make me feel young again in the accuracy dept. Wadcutters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anybody been shooting anything lately? Learn anything new? Any new gear or guns?

The 1943 Ithaca 1911A1 gets shot sparingly

[Linked Image]

But if needed it would get the job done
(at least at 7 yards)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bushmaster1313; 04/30/19.
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Took the vintage Single Six out last week, inspired by all the Wrangler buzz. Still shot great. Bought a box of CCI 22WMR, and similar results.

John(dog)

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Ed, shoot me a list of components when you get a chance.

Robb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It'll be a new 41 mag Ruger Blackhawk as of this coming weekend.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice selection of pistols...

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday was the first time out with a SW Shield 9mm. I'd never shot one before and wasn't planning on buying one as I thought the grip would be too thin for good control but at $349 and a $40 rebate decided to give it a try. I was wrong about the grip. It was easy for me to control for followup shots and IMO it has good sights and a decent trigger. Once I found out where to hold I was surprised I could hit with it as well as I did. It went through a box of 50 each of Winchester and Brown Bear FMJ bullets with no malfunctions. Seems like a keeper it's IMO a reliable, easily concealable, easy shooting pistol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
Yesterday was the first time out with a SW Shield 9mm. I'd never shot one before and wasn't planning on buying one as I thought the grip would be too thin for good control but at $349 and a $40 rebate decided to give it a try. I was wrong about the grip. It was easy for me to control for followup shots and IMO it has good sights and a decent trigger. Once I found out where to hold I was surprised I could hit with it as well as I did. It went through a box of 50 each of Winchester and Brown Bear FMJ bullets with no malfunctions. Seems like a keeper it's IMO a reliable, easily concealable, easy shooting pistol.
From the prices I've seen, you spent about $50 more than you needed to.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 05/02/19.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like shooting the Shield 9mm as well. Nice little gun, I can hit pretty well with it. I haven't tried any of the high octane BB ammo in it, aka Shoemaker grizzly pills. Anyone ever try that stuff from a Shield?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I attended a barbecue last Saturday night and the hosts had a private range where a few guys were showing their stuff and shooting steel before the sun set. I was way under dressed in jeans and TShirt with my LC9S Ruger carried IWB. Where it remained unnoticed...
Earlier in the day there had been a trail ride. My brother wanted to skip that as he figured somebody would try to get a saddle on me.

I got to shoot and fondle a couple of pretty classy 1911s and a SAA that had been in the same family since the 19th century. pretty cool stuff, by my way of thinking...

The day after we got home from our trip I had a package waiting at my FFL. It was the Marlin .357 carbine that I've been wanting for a lifetime or so.
Put 5 rounds through it last night after supper, and a few more this afternoon.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
From the prices I've seen, you spent about $50 more than you needed to.

Not for a 2.0.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I recently received a cool gift from my gunsmith and best friend. He tests ammo for a variety of mfgr.s of frangible no lead ammo for indoor ranges. He gave me a case of RNP 9mm Luger+P frangible ammo, they claim their 65gr. polymer/copper loads make 1695fps and 415 ft.lbs. They sell it as a range/target ammo.

The best part is that the ammo was accompanied by a bunch of 6" sq. steel targets with spring loaded mounts that fit on T or V posts. I set these up at various ranges from 7-10 yards and went to work. The ammo was soft shooting and performed w/out a flaw out of my G19 and smacked the steel w/ authority. I personally think that a 6" sq target is perfect for self defense training and safely shooting steel w/ a handgun is super fun.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (1234, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.