Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
My Lab ate something and clogged himself up again. Who knows what it was. Labs eat everything. Occasionally he eats something that plugs him up.

He wouldn't eat for a day or so. Finally he started nibbling at stuff again, so I gave him a can of pork & beans with a tablespoon of Miralax stirred up in it.

A few hours later he wanted to go outside so I let him. He walked out a little ways,...started trembling, then took about a 2 lb schitt.

He's back to normal now.

I shoulda been a vet.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Didn't find your keys by chance did you? grin

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
lol,...no. It wasn't my keys. I don't know what it was and I'm not interested enough to dissect that big dump he took.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago I took my lab camping. Later that night he puked by the campfire. In his puke was a whole hot dog, a bird, confetti, and a D sized battery.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Years ago I took my lab camping. Later that night he puked by the campfire. In his puke was a whole hot dog, a bird, confetti, and a D sized battery.

Doesn't surprise me a bit.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last week Dillon, the Boxer, ate a new SOS pad.
Gave him some peroxide, and he hurled it in the yard.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a standard poodle in the kennel that puked up it's owner's panties. Tan color they were. I hosed them off and put them in a big baggie and gave it back to her.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My lab has been chewing up our solar powered landscaping lights. I think he got at least one battery if not more. Anyway earlier in the week the guy had the [bleep] something terrible. Unfortunately it wasn’t always outside.its been a long hard week.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
My lab has been chewing up our solar powered landscaping lights. I think he got at least one battery if not more. Anyway earlier in the week the guy had the [bleep] something terrible. Unfortunately it wasn’t always outside.its been a long hard week.

Mine doesn't like doing his business in the house. When he's got to go he'll carry on something awful until you let him out.

It's usually not an issue. He spends enough time outside during the day to take care of matters. But a couple of times he's had to go early in the morning and he'd fuss at the door until I got out of bed to let him out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D cell battery?!? That is a badass Lab. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10

He was a badass Lab. Championship bloodline. In his prime, he was 97 lbs. of solid muscle. He would follow any command I gave him. He lived to be 16, but I had to put him down - he could barely move at the end - it was a sad day. I've got a photo somewhere in storage. Next time I get a chance I'll see if I can find it.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Finally he started nibbling at stuff again, so I gave him a can of pork & beans with a tablespoon of Miralax stirred up in it.

A few hours later he wanted to go outside so I let him. He walked out a little ways,...started trembling, then took about a 2 lb schitt.

He's back to normal now.

Honest gawd that's been MY diet for the last 2 days.

Have yer guy call me. We'll talk. grin laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Finally he started nibbling at stuff again, so I gave him a can of pork & beans with a tablespoon of Miralax stirred up in it.

He's back to normal now.

Honest gawd that's been MY diet for the last 2 days.

Have yer guy call me. We'll talk. grin laugh

LMAO!!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Energizer lab.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Canned pumpkin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bowl of vanilla ice cream and hydrogen peroxide if you want the Lab to vomit immediately after swallowing somthing. Youll see stuff you thought you lost years ago.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Momma dogs lick their pups [bleep] to stimulate them to cshit. 😁

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
About a month and a couple days ago, my collie girl stopped pooping, then slowed waaay down on eating. One of her anal glands was swollen up bad, doc expressed it, but that wasn't the problem. She had some cancer going on, which actually explained a few things. We ended up giving her enema syringes and those worked, massive dark poops everywhere in the back yard. (The first "expulsion" was at the vet's office!).
But then she quit eating all the way, including hand cooked, hand fed "people" food (burger, bacon grease, chicken). And at 15+ (a rescue, indeterminate age), there was not much else to do.
She is now on the bookcase, along with her brother, who preceded her by about a month with a stroke, that rendered him blind and unable to walk within about a half a day. He was already deaf.
Normally we bury our dogs, but when he went, it had been raining so hard, I couldn't stick a shovel in without hitting water, so we cremated him, and then her when she went.
It would be an epic understatement to say that I do deeply grieve their passing, they were fantastic dogs...
[Linked Image]

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 05/04/19.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Backroads
Canned pumpkin.

My vet always says this, but I’ve never been able to coax, cajole, beg, implore, beseech, badger, hector, intimidate, or force any of the cats or dogs into eating it. I’d have had better luck with a posterior-positioned shop vac.

Glad to hear your pup got it worked out, Bristoe.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My first lab a big male named Bart picked up one of my mothers knee high stockings and passed it in the yard. Ellie my current black female once took a citronella candle off the picnic table dropped it on the deck and ate wax, some glass and passed it without a hiccup. We just finished a couple days of doggy diarrhea with plain white rice. Kind of the opposite of Bristoe’s dogs problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 9 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.