Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's hope you are right.. after last year debacle on the Kenai you think sports fisherman would be up in Arms.. maybe another chitty year will mobilize them.. a lot of Alaskans seem forget easily..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I think I am right, but I hope it happens in my lifetime!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
And now Dunleavy weighs in...

https://mustreadalaska.com/dunleavy...inee-for-appalling-behavior-of-lawmaker/

APRIL 25, 2019 AUTHOR: SUZANNE DOWNING7 COMMENTS
Dunleavy apologizes to Fish Board nominee for ‘appalling’ behavior of lawmaker

Gov. Michael Dunleavy on Tuesday sent a letter to retired Superior Court Judge Karl Johnstone, expressing his regret that the Legislature didn’t confirm his nomination to the Alaska Board of Fisheries, and thanking him for having gone through the process.
But then, Dunleavy went further:
“I am dismayed by the way our elected officials behaved during your confirmation,” he wrote.
“Sadly, we watched our elected officials forsake decorum and a fair process. In doing so, they trampled on your Constitutional rights and disenfranchised real victims of serious crimes,” Dunleavy wrote.
The governor was referring to a ruthless power play by Rep. Ivy Spohnholz and Rep. Louise Stutes to block the nomination of the judge, by accusing the judge on the floor of the House of sexual harassment of unknown persons described as “more than two women,” at unknown times, in an unknown place. Even the nature of the alleged harassment is still unknown. The accusation came just as the vote was about to be taken last week in a joint House/Senate session.
Johnstone had no opportunity to defend himself, and Spohnholz has, a week later, not revealed the secret accusers, whom she said wanted to remain anonymous, nor has she responded to reporters’ requests for even the slightest documentation. She has only stated that in the future, such allegations should be done in secret committee meetings.
Or, as some observers called it, Joseph McCarthy style.
“This is a disturbing example where politicians abandoned our sacred values and resorted to theatrics and character assassination,” Dunleavy wrote to Johnstone. “They left you without a voice, due process, the presumption of innocence, or the right to face and accuser and review evidence. It was appalling.”
“I pray that what you have gone through will be used as a wakeup call for our legislators and they will again take up the torch of vigorously defending all Alaskans’ rights,” he wrote.
Johnstone served two full terms on the Fish Board after retiring from the bench. He served as chairman and received a legislative citation that described him as the “Gold Standard” of board service.
But after being waived off the board by the Walker Administration, and then renominated by Gov. Dunleavy, Johnstone ran into heavy artillery fire from the powerful commercial fleet, which sees him as favoring sports fishing interests in Cook Inlet.
Johnstone has vigorously denied the allegations made against him by Spohnholz. In the contentious public hearing and committee process leading up to the floor vote, the commercial fishing community opposed him for policy, and no inference had ever been made that he had behaved inappropriately, until Ivy Spohnholz took the floor and made vague and unsubstantiated allegations.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Seems like Ivy would be a perfect candidate for in-kind retaliation come next election. Or one day before.

Last edited by las; 04/26/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would suggest a recall.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MM879
I would suggest a recall.

Right answer!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
Seems like Ivy would be a perfect candidate for in-kind retaliation come next election. Or one day before.

Absolutely!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by las

Absolutely!

Like the time she had her dog butchered for tacos? Allegedly.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by las

Absolutely!

Like the time she had her dog butchered for tacos? Allegedly.

I heard it was tamales... shredded, not ground...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
II read up on Superior Court Judge Karl Johnstone record. He has been a patriot for Alaska's citizens. The governor should recommend Judge Johnstone for an achievement award or something. A ceremonial award would shine the disinfecting light on this state paid lobbyist, Spohnholz.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
While Johnstone was a reasonable judge I would not get all warm and tingly for him. He made some headshaking decisions over the years.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In the legal field batting 50% is the same as a home run. There will be one side that is not happy. When I read about the Exon Valdez ruling it was clear that the Judge did what he could in a very difficult situation.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MM879
In the legal field batting 50% is the same as a home run. There will be one side that is not happy. When I read about the Exon Valdez ruling it was clear that the Judge did what he could in a very difficult situation.

Absolutely no argument here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You certainly have history on your side of the argument! But at some time there will be an awakening and the sports guys will realize they actually have far more votes if they could just mobilize them.

Ivy will lose the next election if the right pitbull goes after her.

Too many poodles in Anchorage

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

You certainly have history on your side of the argument! But at some time there will be an awakening and the sports guys will realize they actually have far more votes if they could just mobilize them.

Ivy will lose the next election if the right pitbull goes after her.

Too many poodles in Anchorage

And of the teacup variety...

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Bait. smile

If you have to chunk them, you need bigger hooks.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,168
Posts18,503,103
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.