Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Was visiting a friend with a rescue pitbull mix in Montana today

I have a well socialized very good bird hunting dog -a wired haired pointing griffon.

She says then her mixed breed pit bull had an issue in the past with another dog and is safe based upon past experiences is socialized and loves other dogs. An alarm goes off in my head as I hate pitbulls based upon past experiences and had to kill more than one pitbull in the past

against my better judgement I let my dog out of truck to run and she lets to the mixed breed pitbull breed out. Within 10 seconds her dog attacks my dog and has my dog by the neck pinned to the ground. I run over kick the pit in the head - no response.

I then drop down all my body weight on pit's head on the pit's head and I ram my thumbs into the pit's eye sockets in to its brain. My dog is screaming in pain. The pit lets go, bites my right hand. I put my thumbs into its ears deep. It lets go and sits there like nothing happened.

A trip to the nearby emergency room and a tetanus shot and anti biotics for me. Some deep puncture wounds in my right hand. My right hand is pretty swollen.
My dog is ok thank God

She agreed to put the mixed breed pit down.

I wish the breed would Be extinguished

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Horrifying.i stay away from pitbull owners like i stay away from meth addicts. They are clearly messed up in the head and going to bring trouble. Keeps me safe. Every pitbull is a potemntial threat have protection. Sorry for the horrifying lesson.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A rescue pit. Some people are just stupid. There is no excuse for it.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Not surprising at all.

NRA Life Member

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

I should have known better

Feel really bad to expose my dog to this. My friend has decades of experience with animals and is very sorry she did this. Her son adopted the dog and joined the USMC and left dog with her.

Never trust a pit or pit breed

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The messikans love Pit Bulls for some reason. I live in a city that is 85% + messikan, so there's a lot of Pit Bulls. My young daughter loves dogs and it scares me to death that she'll be around a Pit Bull at some point and not recognize the potential danger. I have explained to her many times that she is never to pet a strange dog and especially a Pit Bull. Hopefully, she'll never be in such a situation.

Last edited by High_Noon; 05/05/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear you had to deal with a Pit Bull. I don't care for those dogs as well.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
American pit bull terriers used to be the quintessential all-American dogs. It's the owner, not the breed. In this case, maybe the previous owner.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Goosey
American pit bull terriers used to be the quintessential all-American dogs. It's the owner, not the breed. In this case, maybe the previous owner.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BULLSCHIT, LIBTARD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jk16
BULLSCHIT, LIBTARD

Pitbulls used to be America's favorite dog—now they're the breed we fear most

"1921, director and film producer Hal Roach was staring absent-mindedly out of his office window, when he noticed a group of children playing in the lumber yard across the street ... the children in the lumber yard — that was real childhood. He wanted to make a series of shows about them and their pets. For the pet, the choice was obvious. The children would have a pit bull.

The turn of the 20th century was the pit bull’s reputational heydey. States wanted to use them in campaigns “because they were thought to be so friendly and appealing to the ‘average Joe’…. plucky, unfussy sidekicks,” Dickey writes. They were mascots during World War I. Helen Keller, who called her pit mix “the lord of my affection,” Dr. Seuss, and Jimmy Carter were all proud pit bull owners."

Most decorated war dog in American history is Sergeant Stubby. Many pit bulls served as war dogs in 19th and early 20th century America.

[Linked Image]

United Kennel Club breed standard says:

"The essential characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier are strength, confidence, and zest for life. This breed is eager to please and brimming over with enthusiasm. APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children. Because most APBTs exhibit some level of dog aggression and because of its powerful physique, the APBT requires an owner who will carefully socialize and obedience train the dog. The breed’s natural agility makes it one of the most capable canine climbers so good fencing is a must for this breed. The APBT is not the best choice for a guard dog since they are extremely friendly, even with strangers. Aggressive behavior toward humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable. This breed does very well in performance events because of its high level of intelligence and its willingness to work."

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka

I have a well socialized very good bird hunting dog -a wired haired pointing griffon.

She says then her mixed breed pit bull had an issue in the past with another dog and is safe based upon past experiences is socialized and loves other dogs. An alarm goes off in my head as I hate pitbulls based upon past experiences and had to kill more than one pitbull in the past

against my better judgement I let my dog out of truck to run and she lets to the mixed breed pitbull breed out. Within 10 seconds her dog attacks my dog and has my dog by the neck pinned to the ground. I run over kick the pit in the head - no response.

I then drop down all my body weight on pit's head on the pit's head and I ram my thumbs into the pit's eye sockets in to its brain. My dog is screaming in pain. The pit lets go, bites my right hand. I put my thumbs into its ears deep. It lets go and sits there like nothing happened.

A trip to the nearby emergency room and a tetanus shot and anti biotics for me. Some deep puncture wounds in my right hand. My right hand is pretty swollen.
My dog is ok thank God

See that wee little voice you heard...you are supposed to listen to it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

"Stubby" accompanied the 102nd Infantry regiment in the trenches in 17major western front battles.

He was an incredible moral booster for the troops.

Was wounded twice; by mustard gas and shrapnel, after recovery he was returned back to his
regiment on the front lines.

was made life member of the Red Cross, Young Mens Christian Association and American Legion.

Corporal Conroy who adopted Stubby at training camp, muggled him out of the USA, and smuggled
him back to the USA after the war.
Conroy gave a preserved Stubby to the Smithsonian where he is in the "The Price of Freedom" exhibition.

A bronze Sgt. Stubby is enshrined at the entrance of Veteran’s Memorial Park in Middletown, Conn.

Stubby did more for his country than most of the campfire. .. grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jk16

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BULLSCHIT, LIBTARD

lmao, you're an idiot....

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My dog is ok thank God

1. Listen to that "inner voice" next time. If your dog is/was seriously hurt, deep inside, YOU know who's fault that is (hint: it's not the pit bull or the other owner).
2. That lady would NOT have to trifle with putting her pit bull down, I would have taken care of that on the spot.
3. I BET she decides to NOT follow through on her claim to put her dog down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Carry your fa gg ot crap somewhere else, homo!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you're OK Ribka, Sorry your pup got hurt.

You should have shot the dog when it had your dog in it's jaws.

As always there was already a known problem with this dog and you should have never trusted it especially since it was a rescue dog.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They bite a lot of people, kill one every now and then. I had one come in my yard, growled at me, he gone!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SEveral years ago, two local youngsters were killed 3 weeks apart by different pits. There was a push to make them illegal in this county and did not pass. Unbelievable. They should be exterminated as a breed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

My dog is ok thank God

You're a hell of a lot nicer than I am. I'd have just shot it in the head... The owner, I mean.

Kidding aside, I'm done with being dog bit. And I'm done with bigger dogs that their owners cannot or will not handle attacking mine.

Had one come at me a couple years ago right across the street from my house. Owner got him turned somehow. He was fixing to be a rug.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I should have known better

Feel really bad to expose my dog to this. My friend has decades of experience with animals and is very sorry she did this. Her son adopted the dog and joined the USMC and left dog with her.

Never trust a pit or pit breed

You did good, Mr. Sorry to hear of the stress, pain, misery and anxiety.

I had a 120 lb cane corso type monster pit bull try the same with my gsp female years ago. A vicious kick to its short ribs let my dog get away as it broke the dogs O2 for a few seconds.

I would not have thot about going for the eyes or ears.

Too bad you didnt have a Bowie or hatchet at hand.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/06/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 257_X_50, 32 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,596
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.