Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Les,

I got the same one. I replied

"If only these people had had guns themselves and knew how to use them they could have fought back instead of being slaughtered.

Screw ya'll

Jim"

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sean,

Your reply is a lot classier than mine and says it like it is.

Jim

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Thanks for sharing, Violator22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am outraged by this week's tragedy at Virginia Tech. The Virginia Assembly failed the students and faculty by not enacting legislation that would have allowed them to defend themselves with concealed weapons.

It is time for you to take steps to end gun violence to prevent tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech. It is apparent that law enforcement professionals alone cannot prevent these incidents. Please work to pass national right to carry laws.

I strongly support the second amendment. So should you. We need to learn from this tragedy and the attacks on 9/11. An armed society is a safe society.

Who is John Galt?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Thank you for posting that link. Sure is nice of Sarah to forward your letter to my people.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the very nice link and your very effective message. And thanks to the Brady Bunch for allowing us to use it to support our cause.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Glad I can help in anyway possible. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks, Les !
Here's mine:
I am outraged by this week's tragedy at Virginia Tech. What are you going to do about it?
The students and faculty at VA Tech were denied the legal right to protect themselves, under penalty of expulsion from the University, by NOT BEING ALLOWED TO POSSESS OR CARRY A LEGAL FIREARM!!!! The VA general Assembly failed to pass legislation that would have prevented colleges in VA from imposing rules AGAINST THE POSSESSION OF LEGAL FIREARMS. As of yesterday, the administration of VA Tech and the VA General Assembly have the blood of innocent students and faculty members on their hands!!!!
So, what are you going to do to help the law abiding public protect itself?
It's time to enact NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY LAWS, or at the very least,enact a national reciprocity law, that would allow any U.S.Citizen with a valid concealed carry permit, issued by their state of residence,to lawfully carry a concealed legal firearm in any other state in this Country!!!
I'm counting on you to stop this madness of allowing the law abiding public to be disarmed, and being relegated to "prey" status in the face of criminal predators.

1D

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Good letter. Les

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's even better, is using Brady's website to send that message to six different addresses! Hope Brady enjoys it as much as I did wink
1D

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I am still waiting on them to send me prepaid envelope for donations, boy will the fun begin then. grin Les

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Violator22
I am still waiting on them to send me prepaid envelope for donations, boy will the fun begin then. grin Les

I look forward to that as well!
1D

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I love being such a nice guy, Les

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The problem isn't one nut case with a gun or two - but 26,000 students and staff without one among them! One can never deny a motivated individual a weapon of some sort, but one can certainly discourage him from using it.

These punks are cowards - when have they ever attacked a police station, shooting meet, or military reservation? They ALWAYS go for the defenseless sheeple. The behaviorists like to talk about the fight or flight response. Like most liberals, they have it bass-ackwards - it is FIRST flight THEN fight (if unavoidable) throughout the animal kingdom. With the possible exception of rhinos, who can't see well enough to tell what/where the other guy is, or what he's doing. I understand they just charge and let things sort themselves out after that.....

That's not a bad survival characteristic, at times. Obviously, we have learned that's the way to go on airplane hijackings. Now we need to apply it to "man-with-a-gun" situations in high density areas.

One Romanian professor is a hero - truly - because he held the door shut while his students went out the window. He was shot dead by Mr Azzhole. But wouldn't it have been better to put a brawny in the blind spot behind the door, plus one out on each flank to charge the shooter just after he came through the door and was distracted by everyone else in the room throwing text-books, i-pods, cell phones, or anything else handy at him? Maybe one or two wind up dead, rather than the whole roomful, or the next roomful down the hall. My guess is the probabilities favor no one dies, but maybe one or two are wounded. And the risk is ended for the next room down the hall as well.

Unfortunately, we (probably myself included- especially if I don't have time to think) are programmed for risk avoidance, especially in an impromptu situation.

Maybe we need to train against that, with pre-programmed responses for that kind of situation. Face it - one guy with a gun in each hand is no match for 30 pissed off "victims" coming at him. But it against virtually everyone's instincts/training, at this time.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I said this yesterday, kids today are taught to be submissive, there aren';t very many fighters out there, they have been conditioned to roll over and show their bellies. mad Damned liberal cowards in the education system can be thanked for this, [bleep] 'em. Les

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
It's called "socialization", Les. It works pretty good most of the time, for the benefit of both society and the individual. No one likes a bully, which is often confused with "standing up for oneself", especially by children, who lack the finer points of judgement that we adults like to think we have. Kinders through 2nd grade are pretty much total savages. It gets better only gradually.

There are times, however, which admittedly we are not trained for (out of the military/police), where all-out aggression is the only proper course of action. And that takes judgement and acceptance of responsibility - which again, children have to be trained into. Survival of the baddest badass on the playground just isn't feasable.

"As the twig is bent", unfortunately often proves to be insurmountable when it comes time for a little pruning and grafting in the late teens and 20's, if the parents haven't been parenting outside of school.

Last edited by las; 04/17/07.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My response:
I think you hoplophobes are sick to seek to disarm people in the face of danger, leaving them to the tender mercies of Big Brother.
Patriot�s day celebrates an event at Concord Bridge that put a halt to government disarmament. Only citizens can be trusted with guns, slaves and subjects can not.
Now the Boston Marathon teaches us to flee rather than to charge.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257robertsimp, 58 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,496
Posts18,509,148
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.