Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
i have a new in box Steyr SBS Prohunter with 23.5 in. barrel. 30-06.
pics available by email. 625.00 shipped to your ffl.
thanks

Last edited by RLA; 05/08/19.
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Ron is good to go. Have no fear.

T.S.

Last edited by WasTexasShooter; 05/08/19.

Formerly TexasShooter - joined in 2010, well over 1,000 posts. Had login issues and had to use an account from 2011. I am now a "new member". LOL

NRA Endowment Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Proud Trump Supporter!
RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
up

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Below are a couple pics of RLA's New In Box Steyr Mannlicher SBS Prohunter in 30-06. The Steyrs are high quality, Austrian-made rifles. I know. I have eight in various chamberings. The rifles feature a very sturdy synthetic stock LOP adjustable as well as an adjustable trigger. The three position tang safety permits cycling the action while on safety as well as locking the bolt.

Every Steyr SBS I own is an absolute tack driver. Their appearance is unconventional but once you see it perform, it looks dang good. LOL

For the record, I have no pecuniary interest in the sale of this rifle. I just suspect that many are not familiar with these rifles and I am trying to be helpful. - T.S.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WasTexasShooter; 05/10/19.

Formerly TexasShooter - joined in 2010, well over 1,000 posts. Had login issues and had to use an account from 2011. I am now a "new member". LOL

NRA Endowment Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Proud Trump Supporter!
RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
up

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
free Bump on a great rifle.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by WasTexasShooter

Owner adjustable stock length,
great two stage trigger
SBS system
detachable mag.
Bolt locks on safe.
MOA accuracy or better on all I've owned.

IMHO, so butt ugly they are cool. IIRC

One of the best kept secrets out there when it comes to quality vs. price!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/13/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by geedubya

Owner adjustable stock length,
great two stage trigger
SBS system
detachable mag.
Bolt locks on safe.
MOA accuracy or better on all I've owned.

IMHO, so butt ugly they are cool. IIRC

One of the best kept secrets out there when it comes to quality vs. price!

ya!

GWB

Amen brother!!

T.S.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Just bought that same rifle last week!

smile

RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
up

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
BTT

ya!

GWB

RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
again

RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
up

RLA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
again

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ron is good to go. Have no fear.

T.S.

and you certainly can't go wrong with the rifle or the 30-06 Springfield

I'm surprised this is still here.

BTT

ya!

GWB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Free bump for a great rifle!

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck on your sale. I have a friend that is a nut for SBS's. I swear every single one he has will stack holes on top of each other on paper. They are incredibly accurate for factory rifles.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by k20350
Good luck on your sale. I have a friend that is a nut for SBS's. I swear every single one he has will stack holes on top of each other on paper. They are incredibly accurate for factory rifles.

They are superbly accurate, and very under-appreciated rifles. I have them in a number of calibers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They can hold their own with the custom rifles. What a bargain!!

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"This is an excellent hunting rifle that is has many desirable engineering features. It has a high degree of intrinsic accuracy and the rotary, cold hammer forged barrel is superior." -

The Steyr-Mannlicher ProHunter
By Jon Y. Wolfe

Steyr-Mannlicher rifles are engineered and manufactured in Austria. My particular Steyr rifle is chambered for the 7mm Rem. Mag. and has a synthetic stock, 25.6 inch barrel, detachable two position magazine, 3-position rotary tang safety, user adjustable trigger, 4-lug stainless steel bolt, is drilled and tapped to accept standard Browning A-bolt scope mounts, and has an adjustable length of pull. Overall length is 46.5 inches, and the catalog weight is approximately 7.5 pounds.

The SBS 96 comes with Millett flush mount swing swivels that can be easily removed by pressing in and turning 90 degrees. A Harris Bipod adapter is available and is just as easy to use as the swing swivels. The calibers available in the Steyr Safebolt are .243 Win., 25/06, .270 Win., 6.5x55, 7x64, 7mm/08, .308 Win., .30/06, 7mm Rem. Mag., .300 Win. Mag, 8x57JS and 9.3x62.

The Steyr has proven to be functional, accurate, and easy to carry and shoot. The rotary, cold hammer forged barrel has proven to have a high level of intrinsic accuracy. The two-position magazine allows the user to cycle the action without loading a cartridge in the partially engaged position, and the fully engaged position allows the bolt to strip a cartridge from the magazine in the usual manner. The magazine holds three magnum cartridges.

The stainless steel 4-locking lug bolt is smooth in operation. The bolt is removed by rotating the rotary tang safety to it most rearward position and simply sliding the bolt out. The bolt can be completely locked by moving the rotary tang safety to its most rearward position and pushing the bolt handle flush with the rifle stock. This prevents the bolt from being inadvertently opened while carrying the rifle in the field. The bolt is unlocked by rotating the rotary tang safety forward to either of two positions. The intermediate forward position allows the bolt to be cycled while still keeping the rifle on safe, and the full forward position is fire.

The bolt has four locking lugs with the front pair being larger than the rear two. The bolt face looks very similar to the bolt face of a Browning A-bolt rifle. It has a plunger style ejector and a small claw that locks on to the rim of the case to accomplish extraction. When a cartridge is loaded the case is completely enclosed by the recessed bolt face. The receiver is a closed top design and this makes it difficult to manually load a cartridge into the chamber through the ejection port.

The stock on my particular rifle is a synthetic composite with a mossy oak break-up pattern. It comes with removable butt-plate spacers that can be used to adjust the length of pull. It is adjustable from approximately 12 3/4 inches to 13 3/4 inches. The stock has a flat bottom forearm that rests naturally on a branch or shooting rail.The stock is ergonomically different from any stock I've ever used. It seems to be ambidextrous in that it is symmetrical on both the left and right side. However, it feels very natural and seems to focus the recoil down and away from the face. It fits the hand rear hand nicely, and has a slight palm swell.

The adjustable trigger is factory set to release between 3.5 and 4 pounds. Mine is set at 3.6 lbs. and functions flawlessly. The trigger has engraved lines that run perpendicular to the rifle.

This is an excellent hunting rifle that is has many desirable engineering features. It has a high degree of intrinsic accuracy and the rotary, cold hammer forged barrel is superior.

Free Bump

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 33 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,440
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.