Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm from Iowa and I like to fish.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So there I was doing the backstroke in my own personal pool, when all the sudden I go down thisdark tunnel and some jackass in a schmook is pulling me by the head and smacking me on the ass. Next think I know I'm in a coed mini dorm for all these others who had the same experience and im with this name tag, Richard Austin.

Speaking of that dorm, hey Jennifer, call me.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by rost495
Last name and best score I ever shot in a NTI or Leg match when the wife and I were actively competing.

Not many can say they shot a score that good. I think my best was 490 before legging out. My best shot at leg points was sticking to it when the rain started, got a bronze at Perry once just because I wouldn't quit when it started raining and so many did. And that score included a miss, had a double in rapid fire.
So my handle came about because I'm really myopic but still shoot good.

It was a good score. Of course I knew every shot I dropped and.... and I dropped one at the 600, just pure damn nerves because I knew what I'd done.

Sticking to it counts! Hell in my books it counts more than a good score. I'd have gotten points once with a miss if I hadn't gotten bent out of shape mentally over what I thought at the time had to be a pit scoring fault... but that was years ago and I'm more mature, and tend to ignore things I can't change ( easily anyway) these days.

I sure thought as I got even better I'd shoot a 500 eventually, but as I got to where the only thing holding me back was not shooting above 98 standing usually, and that was on perfect days, we just quit shooting and took up life again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Son's jersey number in football and baseball.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I used to make 5 trips a year to Montana to shoot 1000 yard benchrest competition...….therefore, lngrng (long range).

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Because I'm a fan of the 260 Remington cartridge?

I could have just as easily been the 25WSSMGuy, but the 25 WSSM hadn't been introduced, let alone discontinued, when I signed onto this site for the first time.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bought a '79 Ford Fairmont for 20 bucks. The little 4 popper was about shot. I first put a 2.3 turbo out of an '81 mustang cobra in it but that motor went south. So I yanked the 360 big block out of a '71 Ford F250, Put 390 crank and pistons in it and shoehorned it into that little Fairmont.....Along with an 8-point cage, frame connectors, custom clutch system and really funky dual exhaust. My buddy who was in the Air Force was home on leave when I got it running with the 390 in it. He said...."I thought you were sick when you put the turbo motor in that piece of junk. Now I know that you're Psychotic". I change the spelling and put Sykotik on the license plate.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I like guns, and 50 has long been my favorite bore.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S
The handle I wanted was taking, so took the easy way out and chose my MOS designator. At times I regret it.. especially with you giving me grief in when I was in Korea over that transgender lol you are a dick!

I fugged with you so hard on that.
I used one of those really super sharp Japanese Treble hooks!!!

Lmfao!!!!

Sorry man, but I got ya good on that marilyn manson Warrant Officer!!!
If it ever went down over the border, the NORKS woulda sent it back that same day. Even they wouldnt keep something like that for ransom.

laugh laugh grin

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Orion, the hunter, is my favorite constellation in the winter sky. 2000 just to differentiate..

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Kolofardos is Greek slang for someone who's got horseshoes up their ass. I had a streak of getting 5 2 point moose 5 years in a row (1 or 2 points are the only ones legal for the general open season, everything is else is by lottery). A couple of bitterly envious hunting partners started calling me Kolofardos. Some guys hunt years without seeing 1 or 2 point moose, so I guess I've been extremely lucky!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
Here you go folks.....
Spoiler alert, it's going to be very anti-climatic....

Back around 15 years ago or so, myself and a group of fellow employees were sitting around the break room table thinking of the creepiest name we could come up with for a radio talk show host.
The name "Uncle Soapy" produced the most cringe.

When I signed up to become a member a 24 hour campfire, my brain drew a blank, I couldn't think of a user name that I haven't already used on other forums.
When trying to think of a name, it brought me back to that discussion of creepy radio host names.
I thought to myself, what the heck, I'll use Uncle Soapy

There you have it folks, sorry to disappoint, has nothing to do with pedophilic misadventure.

Ummmmmmm....
Yah that is legit for sure.....

"UncleSoapy".
Any regrets about that username on a international hunting website at all??? crazy

What was your name on other sites? It surely had to be something better than " UncleSoapy".
Should have used one of those.
It sounds like a character out of a Rob Zombie movie.
Definately nailed the creepy factor radio show host thing for sure.

Gawd............

crazy laugh

Last edited by renegade50; 05/10/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It occurred that I didn't have all my digits, but Digitless Dan just didn't strike me the right way. Ah HA! It is the digital age....and I can count to 9-1/3 on my fingers.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2 user name here

‘Twas back in the day before all the sock puppet bs going on around here.

Started out as 1akhunter, cause that’s what I was just one of many hunters in AK

When my post count reached 13,666. I thought man that’s a lot of posts and 13 stands for unlucky and 666 stands for the devil.

Yep great way to retire 1akhunter as one unlucky ole devil

But I screwed up and forgot when I posted from my phone that it was still under 1ak so it’s several posts over 13,666 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

When I made the switch the car radio had just finished playing 2legit2quit by MC Hammer ( I think that’s who sings it )

And since I’m about the most unoriginal bastid I know I just used it

Seen a lot of changes on the fire over those many years, as well as in our nation

But I can tell you one fing thing

I’m 2legit2quit. 😱🤔😂

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Shot a buck in a November lighting snow storm in Maine, which is pretty unusual. To this day, I have never seen lightning during a snow storm.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Because I live in the Champlain Islands.

living the good life every day
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by 340boy
About 15 years ago, when I was still not too bothered about recoil, I shot a 340 Wby and 338-378 Wby quite a bit so my hunting partner started saying 'hey , it's 340boy!" laugh
I guess the name stuck, though I have thought about changing it to 6.5X55 or 270 something or other?

Change it to 007. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by lightning
Shot a buck in a November lighting snow storm in Maine, which is pretty unusual. To this day, I have never seen lightning during a snow storm.

Thunder snow.
Grew up in Maine myself have heard it about 2 or 3 times.
It is rare.
At least ya had tracking snow on the ground.
Some Novembers up their you dont get squat and that sucks...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you can't figure it out, I can't help you.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Navy fighter pilot for 21 years.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 257Bob, 25classic, 62 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,297
Posts18,487,051
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.