Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
My wife told me a policeman was walking around my truck a few minutes ago. My truck is a 1995 Ford F-150 that is in pretty good shape but has NRA membership, Instructor, RSO, and crossed rifle stickers on the back windshield. Over the last couple of years we have periodically had police come out here because someone calls in a complaint.

The cops apologize that they are even out there and leave. The cop today went even further and said he was going to call the complainer back and thank them for wasting their time. When I walked out he was talking to a black women in a new Lexus SUV. I thought she was the one that called it in and I pointed at her and said now I know who, even though I didn't recognize her as a neighbor.

The cop told me it wasn't her but said she was complaining about a neighbor that had an old van in their driveway. I don't live in an HOA to not have to deal with this BS,

Damn people can't just mind their own damn business. Rant over.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
What are they complaining about?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What state are you in ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That's exactly why I don't have any stickers or plates on my truck or car that tells strangers what I like or don't like, or anything else about me or my family. Crooks, as well as "gung ho" police officers (mainly out of state), target cars that have gun or hunting stickers on them. I don't ever put political stickers on for the very same reason. Nobody needs to know anything about me unless I tell them. They might guess, but I'm not going to make it easy for them.

Last edited by reivertom; 05/11/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When the cops come to my place, last two times- they told me who was complaining.

lol

So...I know where to dump the 5 lbs of sheet metal screws 😄

IC B2

E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Bristoe

That the truck is abandoned.it is properly registered and not an eyesore. It is just old.

E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
What state are you in ?

Texas north of DFW. When we moved here 21 years ago the population was 20,000. Now over 180,000. Bunch of displaced [bleep] moved here.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by EIB0879

That the truck is abandoned.it is properly registered and not an eyesore. It is just old.

Sell them the truck for $2,....then spend the rest of your life calling the cops and complaining about it being parked in their yard.

E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by reivertom
That's exactly why I don't have any stickers or plates on my truck or car that tells strangers what I like or don't like, or anything else about me or my family. Crooks, as well as "gung ho" police officers (mainly out of state), target cars that have gun or hunting stickers on them. I don't ever put political stickers on for the very same reason. Nobody needs to know anything about me unless I tell them. They might guess, but I'm not going to make it easy for them.

The cops smile when I talk about the stickers. They are on board. Effing displaced foreigners can kiss my ass if they don't like the stickers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few years back I had a messican flag with a red circle and slash over it on my bumper - that triggered a few illegals laugh

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by slumlord
When the cops come to my place, last two times- they told me who was complaining.

lol

So...I know where to dump the 5 lbs of sheet metal screws 😄

I wish they would tell me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is your property neat and clean? I doubt it is the stickers on your truck. Do you keep your yard mowed and weeded? How many vehicles and trailers do you have parked in your driveway, the street in front of your house or in your yard. Forgive me for asking, but what were they complaining about?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
My neighbors mind their own business and never give me any trouble but they're 275 yards down the road. I've found It's best not to live too close to other people. Most of them are ass holes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
What state are you in ?

Texas north of DFW. When we moved here 21 years ago the population was 20,000. Now over 180,000. Bunch of displaced [bleep] moved here.

Damn. If you were in Austin, it wouldn’t have surprised me.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E

Sell them the truck for $2,....then spend the rest of your life calling the cops and complaining about it being parked in their yard.

This cop said I could really piss them off and park my truck on the lawn and still be legal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
A few years back I had a messican flag with a red circle and slash over it on my bumper - that triggered a few illegals laugh

I NEED me one of those! 🤠

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My neighbors mind their own business and never give me any trouble but they're 275 yards down the road. I've found It's best not to live too close to other people. Most of them are ass holes.

My long lost brother.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Is your property neat and clean? I doubt it is the stickers on your truck. Do you keep your yard mowed and weeded? How many vehicles and trailers do you have parked in your driveway, the street in front of your house or in your yard. Forgive me for asking, but what were they complaining about?

Wow you are jumping to conclusions about motive. My property is fine and every thing to code, more so than my neighbors.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ok sooo you live up there where all those Beto voters do?

E
EIB0879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I keep telling my wife when we retire I want to get as far away from people as I can. Some people just can't help trying to insert themselves into other's lives.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 73 invisible), 3,493 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,402
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.