Hop To
T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Gents:

Any long-time users of a CZ 75 D PCR Compact? Thoughts/experience with them?

Been intrigued by these for quite some time. Have a couple of P232s that I like and carry occasionally. Ammo for nines is a little cheaper than 380 & the S&W 40 for a Hi-power, which is what I mostly shoot paper with. It may be an old idea but I still like the DA first w/o a safety approach.

Appreciate it,
tom

Defend the Constitution
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sorry, but I did recently purchase a CZ P-01 Omega Tactical and it's a freakishly accurate 9mm. CZ makes world-class stuff.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Dan,that is the same basic pistol as the PCR Compact with added features, right?

Have handled one over a counter and really liked the feel in hand but have never shook one out.

Defend the Constitution
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Close. Slightly different profile, same aluminum frame, both have decocker. The Omega trigger system is different and the trigger itself is less curved. The decocker has a different profile, more forward. Also, it's ambi and can be switched out to a cocked and locked system which comes with the gun at purchase.

I've only owned two CZs. One an older 90s CZ-75 and this one. I do have a Turk "rendition" of the CZ compact (Not clone or copy). It's the Tristar T-100 and it's a super shooter and a great value as well. Magazines swap out with the CZ P-01 and work perfectly with the Tristar.

I don't think a guy can go wrong with any CZ pistol.

This is the one I have. https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-01-%CF%89-urban-grey-suppressor-ready-omega/

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 05/12/19.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tomk
Gents:

Any long-time users of a CZ 75 D PCR Compact? Thoughts/experience with them?

Been intrigued by these for quite some time. Have a couple of P232s that I like and carry occasionally. Ammo for nines is a little cheaper than 380 & the S&W 40 for a Hi-power, which is what I mostly shoot paper with. It may be an old idea but I still like the DA first w/o a safety approach.

Appreciate it,
tom

I've got essentially the same gun, CZ-75 D P-01 Compact. Mine has yet to have any sort of malfunction, and it shoots and carries very well. I'd have no problem making it my regular concealed carry gun. My only complaint is that I get pretty bad trigger slap from mine, which is when the trigger face hits your finger pad hard upon firing it. After a while, it starts to hurt. From what I've read online, the Compact versions of the CZ-75 commonly do that.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I wanted the PCR but couldn't locate one at the time and ended up buying the P01 instead.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Relatively new to CZ pistols here. I have a P-07 and P-09 that have become two of my favorite handguns. I really like them.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Not a long term owner since I have only had my CZ 75D PCR Compact for a few weeks and have only shot 100 rounds of FMJ to somewhat "break it in", and 20 rounds of 124 gr HST to check point of impact.

The FMJ rounds were cheap Winchester white box NATO rounds and at 10 yards shot into a 10" 15 shot group from a rest and I was very disappointed. Then shooting the HST to see group size and confirm point of aim, so I could carry those rounds, the gun shot great. I put 15 rounds into around 2 1/2" group from a rest.

I am farsighted and seeing sights on a handgun is a problem so I am sure someone who can shoot a handgun well could improve on the above groupings.

Anyway, I love the gun. The ergonomics fit me very well, any other high capacity nine I have tried just would not fit well in my small hands.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought mine NIB back in 2001. It has been a totally reliable pistol for me, and has good accuracy. I shoot 124 grain JHP. I have not found a more comfortable gun to fire. I changed the sights out in 2017, as my old eyes could not see the factory sights in low light. I put a set of Dawson precision fiber optics on it. What a difference!

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Do a Google search for "CZ-75 trigger slap." Not all of them, but a lot of them have that characteristic.

IC B3

T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
will do--appreciate the replies, Gents. You know, once you get something targeted in your head, it gets pretty hard to derail...:)

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not much about a CZ 75D PCR that could disappoint. I much prefer it over my Glock 19

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
IF you can find one, I would buy it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I have found a few but they want MSRP or close to it...that has been going on for a while...:)

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a 75 PCR BD for many years. The "D" is for "Decocker". I like that feature. Overall a very nice little pistol. Light weight and has never had an issue. The grip and ergos are perfect for me.

Being that it was the pistol carried by the police over there, it does come with an absurdly heavy trigger pull. First thing I did was replace the spring. Should also consider replacing the recoil spring to match it. See Cajun Gunworks or others.

Also, the magazine has a small "lip" that protrudes into my pinky finger. Not a huge deal and easily fixed with a aftermarket mag base. But that may not be a problem for you if your hands are not huge. I wear a medium glove and really don't have much problem with it.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have a 75b compact steel frame. I’m not a fan of de cocker pistols so went with the safety design. I upgraded the pistol with the Cajun Gunworks Pro kit. Trigger pull length was reduced by 7mm and the kit made this thing operate like a well oiled machine. If memory serves while I was researching the upgrades I read that the work is a bit more difficult and finicky dot the PCR. Very nice firearms.

T
tomk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Appreciate the recommendation for Cajun...trigger upgrade looks interesting. Lots of CZ stuff there.

The P232s on hand have a decent double action pull that has not been an issue--not so with the CZ though, eh?

Defend the Constitution
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Trigger pull was heavy and long on my B compact. Both single and double action are smooth like butter now. Reminds me of a well tuned Smith J Frame.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,824
Posts18,496,551
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.