V
Nice collection

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Huntsman22: Are you saying you can shoot a pistol with a 4 1/2" barrel as "accurately" as you could shoot a 9 1/2" barrel pistol? If so then I contend you are not interested in accuracy!
I know I can attain accuracy in a pistol easier and much more reliably with a longer barrel - other factors being equal.
No, extra long barrels are not as "handy" as short barrels nor may they not be as esthetically pleasing as a shorter barrel but there is NO doubt accuracy is enhanced with the longer barrel!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I shot two different pistols with "suppressors" on them, last week, in the field at Varmints - and they were interesting, but in my estimation, not that desirable/effective!
Indeed not worth the hassle or the enormous expense involved in buying and having them taxed!
I would rather have more ammunition and or more guns - not a suppressor.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by viking
Lately I have a hankering for a 10 inch Ruger Mkii or a long barreled Buckmark in semi automatic, the 9.5 inch single six would do also.
As I get older, the further the front sight the better. Does anyone have one?

I've gotten to the age where my eyes can appreciate the longer distance to the front sight also.

I've shot the 10" MKII with full round non-tapered barrel. For me it felt too front heavy, I lost interest in having one after that.

I've had interest in a 9.5" Single Six though. Much slimmer/lighter barrel than the MKII 10 inch.

Here's a pic of my entire fleet of 22 handguns. 6 7/8" slab-sided 22/45, and the 6.5" Single Six. I don't have any that are terribly short, or long.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lately I have a hankering for a 10 inch Ruger Mkii or a long barreled Buckmark in semi automatic, the 9.5 inch single six would do also.

Pass the Dot Sights and hold the Fluff.

Hint...………………….

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Pass the Dot Sights and hold the Fluff.

Hint...………………….

Back when a cumbersome long barrel was a reasonable alternative to a really cumbersome scope the long barrel made some sense. Nowadays the trim and lightweight dots reverse the decision.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Well, I am a bit disappointed with Bud's this week. I ordered the 9.5" SS last Sunday and by Thursday it still hadn't shipped, so I did a live chat with them asking why and they said it can be up to 7 days to ship. I said I hadn't experienced that much time in the past and lo and behold that evening it shipped. But it's still not going to be here or at least at the FFL until Monday. So a week and a day. They're usually better than that in my experience. Pretty sure I'll like it though, as long as it has a decent trigger.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
The 9.5" Single Six Ruger came today. The pin holding the rear sight was not completely installed, no problem. I took it apart to polish the cylinder lock and getting it apart was a piece of cake, getting it back together was a real pain. Read the instructions carefully. Took me about an hour or more to get it back together, the instructions are somewhat obtuse and it references a figure that's not there. I was real glad to get it back together and functioning right. I'll get it out tomorrow to see what it does. Trigger seems fine, but not as nice as the Old Army.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,618
Posts18,511,884
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.