Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Its painfully obviuos as far as some are concerned that the Bible is of no real value as long as there are church elders the Lord can whisper to. Its pretty scary as to the extent of mind control some have been indoctrinated to. Its quite Satanic that the Bibles words have no impact on a believers philosophy. If the pope disagrees with the Word then to hell with it. How telling.
So in fact, who is bowed down to, the pope or the Lord?

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/14/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
You guys are crazy.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Arrrr

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I do not believe that when you commit a sin that a man can tell you to say three Hail Mary's, and you will be forgiven of that sin. There is only one way you are forgiven of your sins, and it ain't through a Pope or a priest.

Another misconception. God forgives sins. He does that through the priest.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Its painfully obviuos as far as some are concerned that the Bible is of no real value as long as there are church elders the Lord can whisper to. Its pretty scary as to the extent of mind control some have been indoctrinated to. Its quite Satanic that the Bibles words have no impact on a believers philosophy. If the pope disagrees with the Word then to hell with it. How telling.

We shouldn't be so provincial. ALL Catholic doctrine is rooted in scripture. If you Google up "Catholic Catechism" it'll give you the references. Just because it's an interpretation of scripture you may not like...

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
I do not believe that when you commit a sin that a man can tell you to say three Hail Mary's, and you will be forgiven of that sin. There is only one way you are forgiven of your sins, and it ain't through a Pope or a priest.

No.....there is not a "Middleman".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was a nice post but so factually wrong on Catholic doctrine I wouldn't know where to begin.
They are ate up with Jack Chick.

That, and the whole mess is so diffused by the over 4,000 Protestant denominations/beliefs/interpretations that it is impossible to get a coherent sense of what Babel is saying.

Last edited by Tyrone; 05/14/19.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JamesJr, That's not how it works, but that would be a long discussion. Anyway, it's sill God that does the forgiving.

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

We shouldn't be so provincial. ALL Catholic doctrine is rooted in scripture. If you Google up "Catholic Catechism" it'll give you the references. Just because it's an interpretation of scripture you may not like...

Rooted in and follows sctipture is 2 different things.

2 Timothy
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.

Do you know what ALL means? It means any words that disagree are not truth or correct or from HE.

Either He is a liar or you and the church is. Its really that simple and youre so brainwashed you cant pass Christianity 101.

How can He say it for you to understand? Call no one on earth father (little f) .....

Even that is too deep for you.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/14/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Rooted in and follows sctipture is 2 different things. "
Not really.

"ow can He say it for you to understand? Call no one on earth father (little f) .....
Even that is too deep for you."

Actually I find your interpretation far too shallow and out of context. Link

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Did the pope feed you that?

I Dindo Nuffin
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
JamesJr, That's not how it works, but that would be a long discussion. Anyway, it's sill God that does the forgiving.

Jesus paid the price for me to go boldly before the Throne of God with no intermediary necessary. I've been doing that for some time now. About 65 years.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

No.....there is not a "Middleman".

A priest is by definition a middleman (intercessor; mediator) who is now, according to the very plan words of Hebrews, unnecessary.

Hebrews 4:14

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

5 For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 He can deal gently with the ignorant and wayward, since he himself is beset with weakness. 3 Because of this he is obligated to offer sacrifice for his own sins just as he does for those of the people. 4 And no one takes this honor for himself, but only when called by God, just as Aaron was.

5 So also Christ did not exalt himself to be made a high priest, but was appointed by him who said to him,

“You are my Son,
today I have begotten you”;
6 as he says also in another place,

“You are a priest forever,
after the order of Melchizedek.”
7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus[a] offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. 8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. 9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.
(Esv)

The whole book of Hebrews outlines the many ways that Christ is better than the Judaic order under the old covenant. He is not only better but He is said to be the substance of that which those former things were the shadow.

The reality has come; the precursor or “type” is useless.

Pointless.

Yes, even evil or, as my previous post said, “anti-Christ”.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did the pope feed you that?

Probably those darn Jesuits in college. laugh You know, the guys who read scripture in Greek and Aramaic. You can miss a lot of nuance and context translating to English. How many different versions of the bible are out there now?

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
efw, Good morning. It's hard to put it into a short message but a Catholic priest is ordained, authorized, to act in the stead of God as were the apostles. Can only God perform miracles? Yes. Did the apostles perform miracles? Yes, after the Pentecost. They were ordained or given the authority through the Holy Spirit.

Careful tying too tightly to the Old Testament. Old covenant / new covenant.

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
efw, Good morning. It's hard to put it into a short message but a Catholic priest is ordained, authorized, to act in the stead of God as were the apostles. Can only God perform miracles? Yes. Did the apostles perform miracles? Yes, after the Pentecost. They were ordained or given the authority through the Holy Spirit.

Careful tying too tightly to the Old Testament. Old covenant / new covenant.

And you don't see the problem with that statement.

Really?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
This is hilarious.

At least in Islam there are only a few sects to choose from. Less fighting that way.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
from my point of view, i am a small c catholic, meaning i believe in the basic doctrine, not so much in the structure of the roman catholic church. greek, russian, or some of the others i am much closer too.
but what really makes me chuckle is people on here quoting scripture from the KING JAMES version of the bible, written how many years after the time of Christ?
Then there are the transcription issue of the documents themselves many written after the time of Christ and translated into a number of languages before they even got to english.
Yeah, right.
And as one pointed, out how many different protestant groups are there today, all saying it's my way or the highway, Jack?
Bible thumpers give me indigestion.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
from my point of view, i am a small c catholic, meaning i believe in the basic doctrine, not so much in the structure of the roman catholic church. greek, russian, or some of the others i am much closer too.
but what really makes me chuckle is people on here quoting scripture from the KING JAMES version of the bible, written how many years after the time of Christ?
Then there are the transcription issue of the documents themselves many written after the time of Christ and translated into a number of languages before they even got to english.
Yeah, right.
And as one pointed, out how many different protestant groups are there today, all saying it's my way or the highway, Jack?
Bible thumpers give me indigestion.

Which leads to my favourite saying..."paper will take šhit".

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This is hilarious.

At least in Islam there are only a few sects to choose from. Less fighting that way.

Like hell there is.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,904
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.