Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/statement-regarding-nra/

Allen West, May 14, 2019

It has become very apparent that I need to speak out about what is happening at the National Rifle Association.

I am in my second term as a Board member, and I am deeply concerned about the actions and statements being made. The recent statements by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows that are appearing in the Wall Street Journal, and now other news outlets, are outright lies. I have never been told, advised, informed or consulted about any of these details mentioned in the WSJ, and who knows how much more despicable spending of members’ money.

These statements have maliciously, recklessly and purposefully put me, and uninformed Board members, in legal jeopardy.

Prior to the NRAAM in Indianapolis I sent an email to Wayne LaPierre’s managing director, Millie Hallow, expressing my sentiment that Wayne LaPierre resign immediately.

I also drafted a memo entitled “Resolution of Concerns,” both of these statements are known to the NRA Board. It is imperative that the NRA cleans its own house. If we had done so in Indianapolis, much of this could have been rectified.

I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as the EVP/CEO of the NRA. The vote in Indianapolis was by acclamation, not roll call vote. There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors. It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst. My duty and responsibility is to the Members of the National Rifle Association, and my oath, since July 31, 1982, has been to the Constitution of the United States, not to any political party, person, or cabal.

The NRA Board of 76 is too large and needs to be reduced to 30 or less. We need term limits of four (4) terms on the Board. We need to focus the NRA, the nation’s oldest civil rights organization on its original charter, mission, training and education in marksmanship, shooting sports, and the defense of the Second Amendment.

I will dedicate all my efforts to the reformation of the National Rifle Association and its members, of whom I am proud to serve.

It sickens me to publicly make this statement, but I will not allow anyone to damage my honor, integrity, character, and reputation. Needless to say, there are those who have willingly done so to their own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West (US Army, Retired)
Member, 112th US Congress
Patriot Life Benefactor, Board Member, National Rifle Association

And this man:

https://www.facebook.com/knight4nra/posts/2666525663389184

As I have already expressed, I am very concerned about the course of our Association. It must always be focused on its stated purposes and objectives. Unfortunately, the NRA’s focus of late has been trying to cover up the financial malfeasance of the last 20 years. Therefore, I do not agree with the statements put out by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows. The majority of the Board did NOT know about the misuse of Member dues. What has been leaked to the press came as an unwelcome surprise to many of us. And it erodes all confidence in management’s ability to lead the NRA. I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as Executive Vice President/CEO nor do I support Josh Powell continuing as Wayne’s Chief of Staff. The Assocation desperately needs to regain the confidence of its Members, and that can only happen with new management prepared to lead NRA and right the wrongs of the past.

I 100% agree with Lieutenant Colonel Allen West and fully support what he wrote earlier today.

Yours in Liberty,
Timothy Knight

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The tide starting to come in?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
It is long past time for WLP to go, his extravagent spending habits are one of the prime reasons the NRA doesn't need this arrogant POS.

Last edited by gunswizard; 05/15/19.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Good for West.
Not only does WLP need to go, but the Board needs to take a hard look at what I suspect are a lot of self-dealing business arrangements.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It appears that the NRA has it's own little swamp to drain... WLP is only the beginning...

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Perhaps a petition to the board would have some effect? If a million or so members demand WLP's departure maybe the NRA could be saved.

I've been a member for a long, long time, but can't see renewing as long as WLP and others are wasting our funds.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LaPew capitulates too often and when he's being interviewed he has that deer-in-the-headlights look.

Time for the SOB to go.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I typed in NRA ----The Gun Collective and was presented with a form to message the NRA Board of Directors individually or collectively. I believe you can also use the sight to address Mr. LaPierre individually or other officers. That might be a better avenue rather than griping on this forum. Your NRA member number is required."

The above was posted by member Hastings in another thread on this subject.

I encourage every NRA member to send their personal message to the entire Board and perhaps it will force them into action.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
Perhaps a petition to the board would have some effect? If a million or so members demand WLP's departure maybe the NRA could be saved.

I've been a member for a long, long time, but can't see renewing as long as WLP and others are wasting our funds.

I too, am a long time member. The answer is NOT to abandon the NRA over the acts of certain NRA officers, the answer is to fix the problem. We can, and must clean house, and that means letting them hear from us, the supporting membership.
Those aligned against our second amendment rights would LOVE to see the NRA abandoned by it's membership. The cause remains, and the fight remains to be fought...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin

I too, am a long time member. The answer is NOT to abandon the NRA over the acts of certain NRA officers, the answer is to fix the problem. We can, and must clean house, and that means letting them hear from us, the supporting membership.
Those aligned against our second amendment rights would LOVE to see the NRA abandoned by it's membership. The cause remains, and the fight remains to be fought...

10-4.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

See my post directly above yours. I will not abandon the NRA unless they fail to take corrective action. If corrective action is not taken by the NRA then I will assume they have abandoned me and the cause.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Death from within,

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I too, am a long time member. The answer is NOT to abandon the NRA over the acts of certain NRA officers, the answer is to fix the problem. We can, and must clean house, and that means letting them hear from us, the supporting membership.Those aligned against our second amendment rights would LOVE to see the NRA abandoned by it's membership. The cause remains, and the fight remains to be fought...
I agree completely, we need the NRA. We need to rid it of the thieves in management and start over with bylaws that will prevent this kind of stealing and entrenchment in power by a cabal of unaccountable grifters. Maybe then we can fight in the courts for 2nd Amendment rights instead of spending $24 million defending NRA against racketeering charges. Let Wayne and company use their own money to hire personal lawyers. Wayne's email address is wlapierrenrahq.org. Always include your NRA number when you communicate.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
How often does the NRA Board meet? Do board members really not know what is going on or are they abandoning a sinking ship and want to be the first to say "it wasn't me"?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
It appears that the NRA has it's own little swamp to drain... WLP is only the beginning...

As long as they stand behind the 2A, how they run the place and where/how/when they spend money doesn’t matter. If there’s 100 board members it doesn’t matter. If they all bought $5,000 suits it doesn’t matter. Let them stay at the best hotels in the world, travel all they want. It doesn’t matter. Double their salaries, it doesn’t matter.

All that matters is that they have a huge membership of folks who are expecting them to protect the 2A on their behalf. Membership costs should actually be doubled! Maybe tripled!

Wait.....were we talking about Planned Parenthood or the Insurance lobby?

I lost track.

Dang, maybe how a group of lobbyist conducts business does matter.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
How any of this can be a surprise to anyone that has been involved with the NRA over the past two decades is beyond me.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mark shubert
The tide starting to come in?

I believe so.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

This.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JRaw
Good for West.
Not only does WLP need to go, but the Board needs to take a hard look at what I suspect are a lot of self-dealing business arrangements.

Agreed..

Exactly...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Considering they are 100% funded by members, I’d say there’s pretty good odds things can change.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 38 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,067 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,597
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.