Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My home state, looks like the liberals have finally taken over, how disappointing.

The Maine Senate has passed a bill that would award the state’s Electoral College votes to the winner of the national popular vote in a presidential election.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...at-would-give-electoral-college-votes-to

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In '16, Hillary won the ME popular vote but with a plurality, not a majority. What would the blue voters in ME say if Trump had won the national popular vote and their EC votes had to go to him instead of Hillary who won the state? This is just a ploy to subvert the constitution.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
This will be interesting if Trump wins the popular vote.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see maine is as stupid as colorado. This law is illegal too.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This is what the neutron bomb was made for.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fburgtx

If the rules change, so do strategies. How much time and money did Trump spend campaigning in Kalifornia in '16? Probably not much knowing it would be a waste. I'd bet a ton of conservatives in Kal didn't even bother to vote.

Change the rules, and the game gets played differently.

Regardless, I do not welcome these changes or any legislation that subverts the Constitution.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
This is what the neutron bomb was made for.
Just drop it on Portland, that will fix the problem.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why does the state senate get to decide this? At the very least, shouldn't the people of Maine get to vote on this? You know, popular vote and all? laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

First, it's not illegal, the state can allocate electoral votes however it decides. Second Maine hasn't actually passed anything, three more things have to happen:
1) Has to be passed by the other house of govt
2) Has to be signed my Governor
3) Enough states have to join this compact to get over the number of total electoral votes to win.

I laugh when people say "but they won the popular vote", that ain't the rules, it's the same as saying a sports playoff 7 game series, which your team lost 4 out of 7 games, but scored more total goals, and they say the really won. Second, how many people in states that are SOLID in one party or another, don't even vote. CA for example always goes D, as does NY and MA, so how may R's don't even vote as it doesn't count. This would totally change the dynamics of the election.

Clinton supposedly won the popular by about 3M votes. She won CA by about 3M votes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In '16, Hillary won the ME popular vote but with a plurality, not a majority. What would the blue voters in ME say if Trump had won the national popular vote and their EC votes had to go to him instead of Hillary who won the state? This is just a ploy to subvert the constitution.

The commies are tryin' real hard.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Dem/Comms actually "won" when they took over the education system in the country, because parents and conservatives were "too busy" to get involved. In the same way they took over the media.

Now we have a godless and uneducated bunch of "teachers" (so called) teaching us and our kids ---- and we wonder why the forces of evil are winning?

They win not because they are more powerful.
They win because we don't fight, and we don't take control of the schools again.
They win because lazy or cowardly people surrender. No fight needed from their side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They may win the battle but they will not win the war.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cas6969
Why does the state senate get to decide this? At the very least, shouldn't the people of Maine get to vote on this? You know, popular vote and all? laugh
It's their state and this is a state issue. They can do it any way they want to. All the constitution says is that the electors will vote for president and VP. How they are chosen and how they vote is strictly up to the state.

― George Orwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As mentioned above, imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth in Maine if Trump wins the national popular vote in 2020 - and Maine is forced by their own silly-ass new law (assuming it passes) to give their Electoral College votes to Trump. Oh, it would be an epic race to reverse that law!

What the dipschits imagine is that their new law would somehow fix - retroactively - Hillary's loss. Crazy, of course, but liberalism IS a mental disease.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To make it even more juicy, what if Trump won the popular vote in '20 but lost the EC by 2 or 3 votes before ME's were counted in. ME has 4 E votes. They would have to give them, and the election, to Trump even if he was soundly thrashed in ME's voting.

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I kind of view this movement as a "for show" deal. The states know it's a nothing vote, doesn't take effect until more states join. I don't think any state is going to want to be the one that makes it real.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They still have to deal with that pesky little clause in the constitution that forbids the states from entering into compacts without the Congress' approval.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by cas6969
It's their state and this is a state issue. They can do it any way they want to. All the constitution says is that the electors will vote for president and VP. How they are chosen and how they vote is strictly up to the state.

National elections are not a state issue. I'm fine with these lieberal imbeciles passing these laws but then their votes should NOT be counted in national elections.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Amazing that a state would allow the votes of THEIR citizens to be subject to the majority rule of OTHER STATES’ citizens.

On the surface, the EC might look a little “shady”, but in reality, it forces Presidential candidates to appeal to a VARIETY of states, NOT just the 5 or 10 with the largest populations/biggest cities.

If the Dems want to take it to its’ logical conclusion, then WHY should a Senator from a pizzant state like Rhode Island or Delaware have a vote that counts just as much as a vote from CA/TX/NY/FL in the Senate????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fburgtx

That won't happen though.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,515
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.