Print Thread
Hop To
D
DogDave Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
The Ruger Old Army and Single Six are supposed to have the same grips. I can sort of swap between my two, but the plastic ones off the SS don't fit on the ROA all that good and there's a lot of gaps. The wood ones from the ROA sort of fit on the SS, but stuff overlaps and neither look good on the other, fit wise. Is this to be expected or is it that I have an old ROA and a new SS, thus there's some difference? I was thinking about getting a new rosewood set for my SS, but I'm a bit reticent if they're not going to fit very good for $50.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
There's quite a bit of info here about Ruger grip frames. Hope it helps.

https://rugerforum.net/ruger-single-action/26054-grip-frame-question-xr3-vs-xr3-red.html

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
D
DogDave Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I ordered a set from Midway that are supposed to fit the new model Single Six. I hope they're better than the plastic grips that came with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Chigs Grips.

Knows what he is doing.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ruger has problems holding tolerance with SS grip frames. Hardcore fans blame poor fit on the grip maker, I disagree. Trying a few might produce results, otherwise sending your grip frame to a custom grip maker will produce the best out come.

IC B2

D
DogDave Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Today I got some Ruger grips from Midway that are laminated 'rose wood'. Maybe. They look OK and fit fine, better than the 'hard rubber' ones. No sharp edges and they're a bit thicker.

I did shoot the thing the other day and at 20 yds it was a hand size group at least even on the paper with no adjustments. I also shot the WMR and like my dad said, 'Tits on a boar'. I got the thing mostly as a 22LR and the WMR is a bonus but then it's going to hit different. Might as well just get another gun. I like it better than the S&W kit gun I had, at least I'm hitting something. If I like it enough I may get the 10 round cylinder for it.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by DogDave
Today I got some Ruger grips from Midway that are laminated 'rose wood'. Maybe. They look OK and fit fine, better than the 'hard rubber' ones. No sharp edges and they're a bit thicker.

I did shoot the thing the other day and at 20 yds it was a hand size group at least even on the paper with no adjustments. I also shot the WMR and like my dad said, 'Tits on a boar'. I got the thing mostly as a 22LR and the WMR is a bonus but then it's going to hit different. Might as well just get another gun. I like it better than the S&W kit gun I had, at least I'm hitting something. If I like it enough I may get the 10 round cylinder for it.

That will be some work...

Conduct is the best proof of character.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,521
Posts18,509,659
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.