Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Good Video! Mine is still running strong 5 years later but will keep that in mind! I did use the hack to speed it up.

He mentions opening the device voids warranty, those warning stickers are breaking federal laws. The Federal Trade commission has been reminding company's that it is illegal to force you to use factory service or parts but company's put those stickers on anyway....

Ted

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mine just recently crapped out but it's the scale won't stabilize. What's weird is I picked up a Chargemaster lite and it's unstable as hell. That one's going back. Still have to finger out how to fix the scale.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My first 1500 was erratic - +/- 3 tenths was usual. Replaced by RCBS and that unit worked well for about 5 years then became erratic and did not like the 6 button.

RCBS said "its old and we do not repair. Time for you to buy another one. There is a rebate out there."

So I bought another one and so far so good. I gave my old 1500 to a pal who was having troubles with his - my old scale worked perfectly with his dispenser.

I wish I had known about the fix.

Roger

NRA Life

CRPA Life
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Well, yes Jim...the old solder itself becomes oxidized to some extent and that's why you want to remove as much as possible.

Basically, what you should do is remove the old solder using a solder sucker or solder wick. Applying a bit of rosin-based flux to the connections beforehand can aid in removal. Once that is done, clean the area with isopropyl alcohol and an old toothbrush and then inspect. Once satisfied that enough of the old solder has been removed, apply some more of the rosin-based flux (NEVER use acid-based flux for electrical soldering!) and then solder the connections. Best results will be achieved with an iron of the proper power range (around 10 watts), with the tip cleaned and lightly tinned, and 63/37 tin/lead solder. A good solder joint will appear to be smooth, shiny, and concave in profile. When you solder, the idea is to get the joint up to temperature as quickly as you can, get the solder flowed into the joint, and then get the heat the hell off of it ASAP.

Well. I finally got around to fixing my chargemaster. Never bothered to call RCBS.

Took said advice from above quoted post and went to it.

There are two rows of pins on the board. The first and largest row is the connector for the scale and the measure. I desoldered the joints and then soldered them.

I also de soldered the smaller row of pins behind that.

Solved all the problems with the scale and measure. Even seems to have fixed the scale drift.

I sure would not have bought another one for 450 bucks.....but its nice to have this one fixed.

Thanks for the advice!

I am MAGA.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats, good job!

Old guy, old guns.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

319 members (160user, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,712
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.