Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"Christian Americans" killed off all of the strongest Native Americans who would fight, and exterminated their food supply

The devastating effects of the 1600's fur wars across the East are well known, Indians eradicating other Indians over access to furs for trade,

In the 1740's the Cherokees, and just the Cherokees, were bringing in more'n 140,000 deerskins a year to the British traders in Savannah. In the 1760's the tribes along the Ohio largely through their Delaware middlemen were bringing nearly 300,000 deerskins a year to the traders at Fort Pitt, eradicating whitetails from large areas and prompting Indian slave raids on each other to acquire the labor to dress all those hides. How them noble savages found the time to apologize to all them deer as PC history tells us they did I dunno.

Buffalo populations went into a steady decline after the Indians got the horse, but most likely what took out more buffalo than anything else was the aforementioned drought across Texas in the 1850's, that and the spread of feral cattle carrying brucellosis and other diseases.

Meanwhile Bent's Fort up on the Arkansas by 1840 was taking in thousands of buffalo hides, all harvested by politically incorrect Plains Indians who left all the surplus meat laying in return for tons of trade goods poled on flatboats up the Arkansas.

Really the eradication of the buffalo didn't change things as much as PC history said it did. As the buffalo dwindled the Comanches and Kiowas sensibly got into livestock herding in a big way in the 1860's such that when Kit Carson went against them in the First Battle of Adobe Walls in November of 1864, all the Indian Camps were surrounded by large herds of cattle. Not often mentioned is the fact that in the first six months of 1873 the Comanches traded 30,000 head of their cattle to the US Army in New Mexico. This early switch to livestock raising is exactly why Quanah Parker was able to slip so seamlessly into the practice when the shooting stopped.

- the less-strong were then left to starve to death. Their only choice was to go to the reservations. Today's Native Americans are the ancestors of the less strong Native Americans, that folks make fun of here on this forum, and use to excuse the genocide that took place.

An idiotic comment but anyways...

In the winter of 1876/77, in the aftermath of the Little Bighorn when all the Lakota who were still out knew the writing was on the wall, General George Crook was able to surprise a camp of Lakota fugitives in the Black Hills. The reason he could do this so easily was that the Indians had been up all night celebrating a scalp dance. Despite their desperate straights the men and youths in the camp had somehow found the time and energy to go out in the dead of winter to massacre a camp of thirty Shoshone men, women and children, and it was the taking of those fresh scalps that they had been celebrating the night before. I often wonder what on earth were those Lakota f&&kheads thinking, their whole universe was falling apart and they take the time to butcher people, other Indians yet..

Plenty Coups of the cleaned up and sanitized account you admire got those plenty coups because he was exceptionally good at killing people. A much better book about the Crows IMHO is "Two Leggings: The Making of a Crow Warrior" https://www.amazon.com/Two-Leggings-Making-Crow-Warrior/dp/0803283512

...where Two Leggings hisself graphically details ongoing murders between tribes well after the Frontier Period.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"Despite their desperate straights the men and youths in the camp had somehow found the time and energy to go out in the dead of winter to massacre a camp of thirty Shoshone men, women and children, and it was those fresh scalps they had been celebrating about the night before. I often wonder what on earth were those Lakota f&&kheads thinking."

Shoshone???? You mean Comanche cousins???? Comanches were essentially Northern Shoshone until they obtained the horse in the late 17th century and finally made their way to Texas!!! But wait???? That means that the Comanche arrived in the area eventually called Texas after the Europeans were already well established in portions of the future state.

This presents a bit of a conundrum that might requre additional dialogue.

I think Brother Roger, our forum Lipano has just cause to be miffed at the Comanche.

Lets discuss!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Youse guys are arguing with a bunch of passive aggressive women.

Know you know how the red man feels.........

Mien gott.

GOT ends and the estrogen starts flowing again.

Exposing the racists.........fugg.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think Brother Roger, our forum Lipano has just cause to be miffed at the Comanche.

Lets discuss!!!

I think one can get one's a$$ kicked on any number of Indian reservations, I dunno that it matters much which one.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
"Christian Americans" killed off all of the strongest Native Americans who would fight, and exterminated their food supply

The devastating effects of the 1600's fur wars across the East are well known, Indians eradicating other Indians over access to furs for trade,

In the 1740's the Cherokees, and just the Cherokees, were bringing in more'n 140,000 deerskins a year to the British traders in Savannah. In the 1760's the tribes along the Ohio largely through their Delaware middlemen were bringing nearly 300,000 deerskins a year to the traders at Fort Pitt, eradicating whitetails from large areas and prompting Indian slave raids on each other to acquire the labor to dress all those hides. How them noble savages found the time to apologize to all them deer as PC history tells us they did I dunno.

Buffalo populations went into a steady decline after the Indians got the horse, but most likely what took out more buffalo than anything else was the aforementioned drought across Texas in the 1850's, that and the spread of feral cattle carrying brucellosis and other diseases.

Meanwhile Bent's Fort up on the Arkansas by 1840 was taking in thousands of buffalo hides, all harvested by politically incorrect Plains Indians who left all the surplus meat laying in return for tons of trade goods poled on flatboats up the Arkansas.

Really the eradication of the buffalo didn't change things as much as PC history said it did. As the buffalo dwindled the Comanches and Kiowas sensibly got into livestock herding in a big way in the 1860's such that when Kit Carson went against them in the First Battle of Adobe Walls in November of 1864, all the Indian Camps were surrounded by large herds of cattle. Not often mentioned is the fact that in the first six months of 1873 the Comanches traded 30,000 head of their cattle to the US Army in New Mexico. This early switch to livestock raising is exactly why Quanah Parker was able to slip so seamlessly into the practice when the shooting stopped.

- the less-strong were then left to starve to death. Their only choice was to go to the reservations. Today's Native Americans are the ancestors of the less strong Native Americans, that folks make fun of here on this forum, and use to excuse the genocide that took place.

In the winter of 1876/77, in the aftermath of the Little Bighorn when all the Lakota who were still out knew the writing was on the wall, General George Crook was able to surprise a camp of Lakota fugitives in the Black Hills. The reason he could do this so easily was that the Indians had been up all night celebrating a scalp dance. Despite their desperate straights the men and youths in the camp had somehow found the time and energy to go out in the dead of winter to massacre a camp of thirty Shoshone men, women and children, and it was the taking of those fresh scalps that they had been celebrating the night before. I often wonder what on earth were those Lakota f&&kheads thinking, their whole universe was falling apart and they take the time to butcher people, other Indians yet..

Plenty Coups of the cleaned up and sanitized account you admire got those plenty coups because he was exceptionally good at killing people. A much better book about the Crows IMHO is "Two Leggings: The Making of a Crow Warrior" https://www.amazon.com/Two-Leggings-Making-Crow-Warrior/dp/0803283512

...where Two Leggings hisself graphically details ongoing murders between tribes well after the Frontier Period.

What an astonishing re-write of history - the Native Americans were bad, so that give us the right to kill them, take their land, and infest it with OUR equally bad. You must be a fiction writer during the day?

Fhucgking amazing beyond description. You may know how to write well, but you are on crack - Texass crack no doubt. I rescind my previous apology.

Every scholar in the country versed on the subject of Native Americans will tell you that the Buffalo were massacred for two reasons - to eliminate the Plains Indian's primary food supply, and satisfy the lust for fur coats back east. Just so happened they figured out how to profit on it. Quanah just happened to be smart enough to see it coming and began cattle ranching - to be able to EAT, and to sell cattle to the US Army.

Hope the same happens to you, then see how you re-tell it.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
So you support him being a poacher who kills for nothing more than ego on some online forums, and trophy heads on a wall?? Like I said I support Indian rights to manage their own lands outside of hunting laws of the rest of the state etc. This wasn’t subsistence hunting. It was poaching trophy animals.intentionally crossing into another state and national forest to shoot nothing but bull elk. Then wasting them. Dangerous to set this precedence of poaching for trophies is acceptable.

Let that brew a while and Congress will take away the treaty rights( remember they can stop any treaty with native Americans Without any discussion with tribes). If you doubt that I suggest you read some of the Supreme Court opinions on native America treaty law. Congress and only congress can cancel those treaties, and not a thing a single Indian could do to stop them from it if the chose to

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Lets discuss!!!

I think one can get one's a$$ kicked on any number of Indian reservations, I dunno that it matters much which one.
You can get the shyt kicked outta ya at the bar in town. Have spent considerable time on indian reservations and have yet to get my ass kicked. As a matter of fact, I was on the Onandaga reservation just last week and no problem at all. I've never been as concerned for my dsafety on a reservation as I was in Trenton NJ.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
I love the SCOTUS decision and I am glad that Gorsuch supported it - I hope it goes nationwide, especially in Texass. Nothing would please me more than to hear that the Comanche could hunt anywhere they want in Texas, any time they want, for whatever they want.

After all - the Comanche never broke one single treaty they ever made with the Texicans, but the opposite cannot be said for the Texicans.

Truly a great day in America.

Forgive me if I don't share your excitement, I have heard stories of salmon ending up in landfills due to these types of rights.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

What an astonishing re-write of history - the Native Americans were bad, so that give us the right to kill them, take their land, and infest it with OUR equally bad. You must be a fiction writer during the day?

Fhucgking amazing beyond description. You may know how to write well, but you are on crack - Texass crack no doubt. I rescind my previous apology.

Every scholar in the country versed on the subject of Native Americans will tell you that the Buffalo were massacred for two reasons - to eliminate the Plains Indian's primary food supply, and satisfy the lust for fur coats back east. Just so happened they figured out how to profit on it. Quanah just happened to be smart enough to see it coming and began cattle ranching - to be able to EAT, and to sell cattle to the US Army.

lmao...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
At least my old spotlighting Blackfoot friends eat the damn things.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
how old are you?

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I love the SCOTUS decision and I am glad that Gorsuch supported it - I hope it goes nationwide, especially in Texass. Nothing would please me more than to hear that the Comanche could hunt anywhere they want in Texas, any time they want, for whatever they want.

After all - the Comanche never broke one single treaty they ever made with the Texicans, but the opposite cannot be said for the Texicans.

Forgive me if I don't share your excitement, I have heard stories of salmon ending up in landfills due to these types of rights.

If you destroyed my ancestors and took my land based on the fact that my people did not evolve as rapidly as your people did, I would happily do the same thing.

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
how old are you?

Me?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think you have it all wrong, I think you need to look at the past through today's rose colored glasses.

The American Indians were racists who did not want people with white skin in their neighborhoods. These white settlers were just looking for a better life for their families, but were set upon by racist Indians who stole from and murdered these settlers who were just looking for a better life.

Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
how old are you?

Old enough to know that Texass is filled with ass holes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you destroyed my ancestors and took my land based on the fact that my people did not evolve as rapidly as your people did, I would happily do the same thing.

And therein lies the true motive for your happiness...HATE,

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
how old are you?

Me?

no karl.. i already knew how old you are.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

[Linked Image]

I am MAGA.
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q

I think you have it all wrong, I think you need to look at the past through today's rose colored glasses.

The American Indians were racists who did not want people with white skin in their neighborhoods. These white settlers were just looking for a better life for their families, but were set upon by racist Indians whole stole from and murdered these settlers who were just looking for a better life.

LMAO! Perfect! Best post I ever read in this entire forum.

Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
how old are you?

Me?

no karl.. i already knew how old you are.

Nevertheless, Texass is still filled with ass holes.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

407 members (219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,843
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.