Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

There seems to be a lot of dialogue with very little real knowledge on the subject. Emotional attachment to the noble steward of the plains is mostly a Hollywood depiction of a rewritten non-historical account of the American Indian.

I have lived close to Indians of several tribes and adopted by a Crow Indian. I have a sincere appreciation for the plight of the American Indian, but I also realize that most of the problems today can be placed at the feet of the Indians themselves.

For example: the Black Hills treaty of 1868 was with several Sioux tribes that inhabited the Black Hills. How did the Sioux get control of the Black Hills? They ran the Crow Indians out of the Black Hills in the same way that they (the Sioux) were run out of their native lands by other warring tribes of Indians that have been at war with each other since the beginning of the organization of the whole tribal lifestyle.

Recognizing Indians for who they were traditionally in America has created an additional problem that needs solved but never will until the American Indian realizes his role in resolving this conflict. The Indian is no different than any other human being in who they are and why. Everyone is a product of 2 components; genetics and environment.

Genetically, the expansion of white culture was catastrophic on the Indians, as the Indian that didn’t like the reservation lifestyle, fought against it and were virtually eradicated. These weren’t bad people, they were fighting for their way of life and deservedly so. As a result you have a strong genetic genocide that happened as the 2 cultures clashed for the ownership of the same land each thought was necessary for them to continue to live as they wanted.

Environmentally, you also had another class of Indian that was satisfied to live on a reservation and take what was given him through the reservation handouts and how easy it was to stay safe on the reservation and live with free beads and blankets. You have created a welfare society when you force people into a situation of take it or leave it and “leave it” usually meant death.

The Indian wars were unavoidable and the continual condemnation by 21st century critics is ignorant and unfounded. There is no way the conflict that happened could have been handled much differently. In 2019 the residue of hundreds of years of conquest and fighting has lead us to where we are today with tribes of Indians that are products of those two components, genetics and environment.

When everyone realizes this, and both sides come to terms with it, reparations can begin. Until then, nothing will change but the battlefield, and that is still not recognized even though shots aren’t being fired at each other...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
A reasonable post Shrapnel.

I have known Hoots and Indians alike that their parents got them the hell off the colony or the rez.

They told them to never, ever come back.

Its really, really hard to be a successful Indian and stay on the rez.

I am MAGA.
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Its really, really hard to be successful, when there are no jobs or opportunities to advance one's self - reservation of otherwise. Of course, some Reservations, like the Fort Apache Reservation, were lucky enough to get great land - and there are lazy scumbags among White Americans too. Take Texas for example - NEVER seen so many people (White ones) SCAMMING disability and/or social security - not even in Hawaii where welfare and food stamps are a way of life. Even the vaunted, Christian, County Judge in Bastrop - hires low wage illegal aliens to clean his RV Park - and then complains about genuine Americans collecting food stamps...

Hate all you want, doesn't change reality. I support the Crow SCOTUS decision, 100% - same as Judge Gorsuch.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl

Hate all you want, doesn't change reality.

Pot meet kettle. You should take your own advice.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
There are huge opportunities on the rez. HUGE.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm just glad to see the SCOTUS tackling the big issues.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Its really, really hard to be successful, when there are no jobs or opportunities to advance one's self - reservation of otherwise. Of course, some Reservations, like the Fort Apache Reservation, were lucky enough to get great land - and there are lazy scumbags among White Americans too. Take Texas for example - NEVER seen so many people (White ones) SCAMMING disability and/or social security - not even in Hawaii where welfare and food stamps are a way of life. Even the vaunted, Christian, County Judge in Bastrop - hires low wage illegal aliens to clean his RV Park - and then complains about genuine Americans collecting food stamps...

Hate all you want, doesn't change reality. I support the Crow SCOTUS decision, 100% - same as Judge Gorsuch.

Back to Bastrop County are we?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Hey we got 5,000 shovel heads with Hep A and TB getting cut loose every day."

Re: Shrug

"Hey, some guy in Wyoming shot a big ass deer in JULY!"

Re: Yes. We will step in on that one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Back to Bastrop County are we?

😉

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
couple of comments on this whole thread.
glad to see karl moved to texas from arizona, some things work right in his leaving this area.
as to the apache and elk hunting, from the amount of money they get for a trophy elk hunt on rez land,
i would think poaching would not be encouraged among tribal members.

I grew up around the yavapai in central arizona. One of my first girl friends was a full blooded laguna from new mexico.
i have known a lot of indians through my life, most off rez indians. Including one yavapai i even went through college with.
I have no illusions tho, their ancestors were not nice to my ancestors at times, and vice versa.
But i think karl is full of merde.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some folks reach the right conclusions based on faulty reasoning every step of the way. Seen it many times.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well written, shrapnel, of Bozeman Montana.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by deflave
"Hey we got 5,000 shovel heads with Hep A and TB getting cut loose every day."

Re: Shrug

"Hey, some guy in Wyoming shot a big ass deer in JULY!"

Re: Yes. We will step in on that one.

Isn't that sumthin?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Quick Karl:

Thank God for Justice Gorsuch and Texas sucks ass.

Amen, Karl.

If you are going to post edited quotes to get yourself off, at least have the sense to learn how to do it without making an ass hole out of yourself - but I'm dickless...
lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hey least our county judge aint as bad as one of our last sheriffs! He was serving out his time in Caldwell county lock up. Think he’s out now.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/new...jail-administrator-turned-whistleblower/

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No secret I’m married to a half breed. Half Indian, half white.

She’s an amazing woman, great wife and mother very successful businesswoman, her salon & spa has been voted in the top 200 in the nation 3 times now.

She does have one glaring weakness, she sucks at picking husbands 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve given quite a bit of thought to her success, how much fueled by her white genes vs. Indian genes

Could she achieved the same heights if she was FBI ? I dunno evidence doesn’t make that seem likely, but of course while many more examples of successful business women of the white race, she really doesn’t have to bow her head before anyone except God.

Her success is even more astounding (well to me anyway ) considering her upbringing.

Dad like pokin lots of Pocahontas, and that either led her full fbi Mom to drink or moms drinking led dad to stray, take your pic.

She spent 4 years 12-16 waiting for grocery deliveries from dad for his semi-occasional food deliveries dealing with a raging alcoholic mother. Got a boyfriend and she moved out at 16, finished high school and then made him move to fbks so she could attend trade school.

All the Indian villages I’m familiar with are what most of you would describe as third world or on the cusp of it at least.

Not a pretty sight.

2 generations ahead of her, they were some amazing people, love to get her aunt and uncle to tell me stories of their early life.

The next generation, of her parents, is where the trouble started, with the welfare state opened up to them. Sound familiar anyone ?

Her generation? Meh, lotsa addicts, criminals etc.

But they do have plans, they’re going on the warpath again.

The plan is to scalp and disembowel all of us !

But they’re planning on starting w Quick Karl and Blackheart ! 😱

I heard it first hand, I know some Indians

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The drums are beating....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oh chit Sen. Warren applying her makeup !

And here we go 😂

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

get your ghost shirts here

https://ghost.backstreetmerch.com/t-shirts

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
stxhunter; All,

We Woodland Folks started moving to New Spain (now called Texas) about 1820 to escape the fury of the GA Pony Clubs & the US Army.
(Most, but certainly not all of, the Woodland groups, who emigrated to TX before 1845, were Alabama, Catawba, Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Coushatta, Creek, Mikasuki, Muskogee, Natchez, Pamunkey & Yuchi peoples.)

Our ancestors expected, based on what the Spanish government had told them that they would be given land to farm & raise our livestock upon. - That part was 100% TRUE, as each of the families did get "free" land to farm/graze but the Spaniards "forgot to tell them" about a new word that was FAR more dangerous than the "Injun haters", that they had just fled: COMANCHE.
(The Comanches weren't particular, as they just as happily preyed upon other Indian groups, as they did on the new "white" settlers from the USA & the other immigrants to early Texas.)

On the old theory that, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", the Woodland people quickly allied ourselves with the Apache for the common defense and also allied with the new "white" Texicans, when those folks started arriving in New Spain (and after 1822) in The Republic of Mexico from the USA & from abroad.
One of the great (& largely unknown in the 21st Century) stories was about the NA allies actions against GEN Santa Anna's invading army & in support of GEN Houston's fledgling army. - My research indicates that Texas would have very likely lost our Revolution against the Dictator/GEN Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna had the Apaches/Woodland warriors nor cut off any supplies/additional troops, that would have otherwise been brought up from Mexico City and had they not harassed & "fallen upon" the rear of the Mexican Army, in the vast area between the Rio Bravo/Rio Grande River & the Neches River.

NOTE: There are NO living Texans, who are not either emigrants to TX or the descendants of emigrants. = There is not a single current Texas citizen, including those of us who are of Amer-Indian ancestry, whose ancestors did not arrive in TX from someplace else. - Virtually all of those A-I groups (who have descendants, who are current Texans) arrived in New Spain after 1780.
(Fwiw, I'm a "part-blood" of mixed English/Scots/Pamunkey ancestry, according to my DNA & a direct descendant of the REAL Pocahontas, daughter of Deep Stream & Little Fawn, though her daughter Cleopatra Smith-Rolfe. - The first emigrants to TX from our extended family was a young couple named John Robert & Leticia Fey Red Fern, now spelled "Redfearn", who arrived in Nacogdoches, New Spain in the Spring of 1822 to farm, capture/breed/sell horses & raise swine. - Most of the rest of the family arrived by 1833 & the remainder after 1865.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 05/21/19. Reason: typo

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

686 members (160user, 16gage, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 3,011 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,617
Posts18,492,642
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.