Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I love the SCOTUS decision and I am glad that Gorsuch supported it - I hope it goes nationwide, especially in Texass. Nothing would please me more than to hear that the Comanche could hunt anywhere they want in Texas, any time they want, for whatever they want.

After all - the Comanche never broke one single treaty they ever made with the Texicans, but the opposite cannot be said for the Texicans.

Truly a great day in America.

Forgive me if I don't share your excitement, I have heard stories of salmon ending up in landfills due to these types of rights.

If you destroyed my ancestors and took my land based on the fact that my people did not evolve as rapidly as your people did, I would happily do the same thing.

And therein lies the true motive for your happiness...HATE,

Right - but HATING Native Americans because they aint White, and didn't evolve as fast as the folks you came from and you want their lands, is OK...

Beyond Amazing.

Still your other post was funny as chit.

When getting your ignorant azz kicked, build a strawman and play the race-card. Phouk you.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the SCOTUS decision and I am glad that Gorsuch supported it - I hope it goes nationwide, especially in Texass. Nothing would please me more than to hear that the Comanche could hunt anywhere they want in Texas, any time they want, for whatever they want.

After all - the Comanche never broke one single treaty they ever made with the Texicans, but the opposite cannot be said for the Texicans.

Truly a great day in America.

Forgive me if I don't share your excitement, I have heard stories of salmon ending up in landfills due to these types of rights.

If you destroyed my ancestors and took my land based on the fact that my people did not evolve as rapidly as your people did, I would happily do the same thing.

And therein lies the true motive for your happiness...HATE,

Right - but HATING Native Americans because they aint White, and didn't evolve as fast as the folks you came from and you want their lands, is OK...

Beyond Amazing.

Still your other post was funny as chit.

Hating settlers because they are white, and stealing from them and murdering them, is no less hateful.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
hopefully you can read the tongue in cheek in that post.... the indians did the same chit we did to each other before we were ever here.

Native Americans, arguably, were 3,000-years behind the European infiltrators, on evolutionary terms - essentially stone aged. They had everything they needed and, they lived in, essentially, a paradise - they had no need to evolve...

The were NOT exterminating deer for their skins until the White man showed up and struck bargains with them to do so - just to poke the easiest hole in the previous ridiculously absurd argument.

Nevertheless, using any of this as the pretext for exterminating them and taking their land, is the same argument morons used to justify the enslavement of Africans.

Some of y'all here, truly disgust me.

Describes Indians as knuckle dragging simpletons........finds others disgusting.

Fancy.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
hopefully you can read the tongue in cheek in that post.... the indians did the same chit we did to each other before we were ever here.

Native Americans, arguably, were 3,000-years behind the European infiltrators, on evolutionary terms - essentially stone aged. They had everything they needed and, they lived in, essentially, a paradise - they had no need to evolve...

The were NOT exterminating deer for their skins until the White man showed up and struck bargains with them to do so - just to poke the easiest hole in the previous ridiculously absurd argument.

Nevertheless, using any of this as the pretext for exterminating them and taking their land, is the same argument morons used to justify the enslavement of Africans.

Some of y'all here, truly disgust me.

Describes Indians as knuckle dragging simpletons........finds others disgusting.

Fancy.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Kwik Carl is just a miserble old man that even his own family can't stand, now he goes around the internet and tries to make everyone else's life miserable just like his...........He wants company in his misery.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Considering that the western Indian wars were largely over by 1880, and 3/4 of my family tree was still in Europe while the other 1/4 was in Pennsylvania not phoucing with Indians there or anyplace, don't lump me in to "we", "us", "them" "horrible white Christians" or any other of that bullschitt.

It was what it was - a war of attrition and a war of genocide. Some of you idiots act like it was the very first of such in the history of mankind. Nazis vs. Jew and Milosevic vs. Muslims in the 20th Century only begin to cover more of the same basic nature of mankind. Stalin exterminated some 6 million Ukrainians and moved Russians into the Ukraine. That is genocide. That is conquest.

The SJWs here want to wring their hands at the horror of it all. Stone age people dominated and killed, forced to live on reservations. Some of these same bleeding hearts will be on the next post skewering the Muslims for living an 8th Century existence. What's it gonna be? Red Man can live in the past but the Muslim man can't?

The first thing some of you better get your heads around is the idea the very nature of Man is Xenophobic conquest. Been like that since the beginning.

How many here want unfettered immigration from Central America???
How many want a flood of migrants from Syria and the Middle East showing up in your town taking over?
How many wand Kia and Hyundai to build 2 auto plants in your town and flood the whole place with Koreans who will put Korean signs, restaurants, businesses and change the whole complexion of your town? Raise your hands if you want 100,000 Nigerian Princes and their big bank accounts moving in and sending all the kids from their multiple wives to the same school as you send your kids?

See, I'm feeling the old Xenophobia rising right up in you.

BTW - how in the phouc do you think the Plains Indians carved out their territories? They went to war with each other! Losers had their males killed and their women taken and raped. "Oh chitt! Not the Nobel Redman! But Hatari, they were the paragon of peace, love and music. " (My ass, they were.) How do you think genetic diversity came to bands of 500 and 1000 and 2500? Kill the enemy and phouc his women!

What happened to the western Indians is the same thing that has happened to countless other peoples throughout time. There are winners and losers. Sorry chiefs.

I will not apologized for ANYTHING that happened before I was born. Ain't my phoucing fault. Ain't my guilt trip. I'll be sure to thank the Great Spirit that my ancestors were still mining coal in Alliers, France at the time to fire the furnaces to make artillery for the Franco-Prussian War and not riding bareback with Cochese.

BTW, White People, if your DNA comes from Western Europe, very likely YOUR people got conquered by the Romans, the men killed or captured as slaves and women possessed and raped. Any of you weeping about that? "Gee, no Hatari, that was like, um, a long time ago."

Yeah, thought, so wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And that my friends is the post of the year........

Well done Hatari.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Well done Hatari.

Big +1.
There is no such thing as a "Noble Savage."

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Some of the music is pretty good.

The fry bread is good too.....just sayin....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah it's only fair they can sell salmon in nothing more than roadside lemonade stands along the Clearwater when no one else can fish, or use gill nets in the Columbia when salmon counts are so low there is no salmon fishing in the river.
Is it racist to even mention such?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Well done Hatari.

Well, thanks. Off the cuff.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
https://www.amazon.com/Plenty-Coups...558382251&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spell

One of the Top 5 books I have ever read. Plenty Coups puts everyone on this forum, to shame.

"Everyone " I guess that includes you.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can drive across eastern Montana and you will see herds of antelope & deer until you get to the Crow reservation........ then no deer no antelope..... you will see mangy dogs and houses with satellite dishes and two feet of mud in the driveway.... oh and the abandoned cars... plywood over the windows etc.....

Game management is a foreign concept, poverty and corruption rules....

Noble and close to the land people my azz.......

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats kind of an inconvenient truth about Indians.

They will try and get a revenue stream going by charging for hunting............but they have to come off the Rez because the game is gone.

You also dont leave your yearlings on the rez. No....no. Dont do that.

The poaching problem is big.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
At the same time....I have met a lot of "noble, close to the land" types on the rez.

They are more disgusted than you are.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
At the same time....I have met a lot of "noble, close to the land" types on the rez.

They are more disgusted than you are.

Point well taken Jim.... but they are definitely a small minority

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Victors always write history.

Treaty rights are going to increase as time goes on. Reservations are sovereign independent nations which concept has been reaffirmed in 2019 by the SCOTUS. Tribal treaties were ratified by congress and signed by the President. The only recourse to limit treaty rights is to renegotiate the existing treaties. Bad news, unlike when treaties were signed in the 1800s with the medicine man advising the chief, renegotiating in todays age will be with someone in a thousand dollar suit and holding a briefcase advising the tribes

Most tribes, before they were forced onto reservations, were self sufficient. They gathered the food required them to survive. They provided their own housing. When we forced the tribes onto the reservations and introduced them to government welfare, they then learned the welfare entitlement mentality which has been a curse to them.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hmmmm.....a bit painful to say.....but maybe yes fubar.

Its kind of cyclic on the Rez. Grandmothers raise the children.

We bitch about the "younger generations" but there is a marked difference on the rez.

They have really lost a lot with the passing of the older generations.

There are still some Indians out on the land and they are good people.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 05/20/19.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Lennie
Victors always write history.

Treaty rights are going to increase as time goes on. Reservations are sovereign independent nations which concept has been reaffirmed in 2019 by the SCOTUS. Tribal treaties were ratified by congress and signed by the President. The only recourse to limit treaty rights is to renegotiate the existing treaties. Bad news, unlike when treaties were signed in the 1800s with the medicine man advising the chief, renegotiating in todays age will be with someone in a thousand dollar suit and holding a briefcase advising the tribes

Most tribes, before they were forced onto reservations, were self sufficient. They gathered the food required them to survive. They provided their own housing. When we forced the tribes onto the reservations and introduced them to government welfare, they then learned the welfare entitlement mentality which has been a curse to them.

Ghettos on the prairies.

Where do you think they got the idea for the blacks??

I am MAGA.
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.